Change absorber liao but still rub

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

normality78

3,000 RPM
Ok, As everyone know this is common AExxx problem where the rear absorber/spring doesnt last long.

what happen my car doesnt look sag down on rear but if i carry more a person more thn 60kg behind, thn my rear fender will rub again the wheel arch.

i've changed my rear absorber, retain stock spring but problem still there. now im looking into changing my rear spring but i do not wanted those lowered spring. So far i only know corona AT190 stock spring direct fit without any mod needed but the problem is it will make the car very high. talking about more thn 4 finger gap.

Is there any other alternative? Will those after market spring stiffener work?

Go chop shop look 4 AE111 rear springs, its always come with Tokico "big" shaft absorber. I forget how many spring coil of it but it has additional 1 more round of spring coil compare to normal spring. It make perfect height & acceptable stiffness. I'm using it now while i'm looking for 2" rubber spacer for my rear Esliper spring. Do Singapore have that 2" spacer?

hm... the spacer issit reffering to the spring stifferner? its like a round thing that put in between spring one? i think i got pic and will upload it tonight. if so, thn yes, spore got

bro, what u need is correct sport rim offset to clear the wheel arc not stiffer spring.

i've checked with few tire shop, eventually the rim offset seems to be correct

The spacer is the round rubber put between the springs & the absorber. It can increase the gapping between tire and rear fender. IMO, rim might not resolve your problem. You need a bit stiffer spring.

bro normality 68,i've face de same prob with u..den i changed de rear absorber n spring to ae111..u noe wat?lagi worse..touch de wheel so often..around 50kg den will hit liao..
nw i oso looking for solution..
anyway,mechanic told me adjustable one may solve this pro..but not yet try lar..hehe..

=)

Go chop shop look 4 AE111 rear springs, its always come with Tokico "big" shaft absorber. I forget how many spring coil of it but it has additional 1 more round of spring coil compare to normal spring. It make perfect height & acceptable stiffness. I'm using it now while i'm looking for 2" rubber spacer for my rear Esliper spring. Do Singapore have that 2" spacer?

bro i think what u really need is a adjustable soft hard absorber. longer coil spring might solve ur prob but of coz ur rear will always looks high lah. but yet again if u pick up 1 or 2 passenger(s), u might face the same prob. with adjustable soft hard absorber, u can always set it to slightly harder but it will still can retain the comfort a bit. if u pick up 3 passengers at the back, then set it to the hardest. it will solve ur prob and it will not as bumpy as u think coz the load at the back is there liao mah. last time i used to face this prob till i changed to Kayaba Super Special soft hard adjustable.

hope this solve ur prob.

bro i think what u really need is a adjustable soft hard absorber. longer coil spring might solve ur prob but of coz ur rear will always looks high lah. but yet again if u pick up 1 or 2 passenger(s), u might face the same prob. with adjustable soft hard absorber, u can always set it to slightly harder but it will still can retain the comfort a bit. if u pick up 3 passengers at the back, then set it to the hardest. it will solve ur prob and it will not as bumpy as u think coz the load at the back is there liao mah. last time i used to face this prob till i changed to Kayaba Super Special soft hard adjustable.

hope this solve ur prob.

den bro how much u bought it?
mind 2 share with us? =)

bro, why not u try on the spring rubber 1st?

its like a cap on top of the spring and just clip between the spring and the mounting....its about 1" thick black round rubber.

remember the sets of absorber u sold to me? i was complaining the front too low and hits mudguard everytime i make a turn... after adding the rubber, the problem solves...i forgot how much it cost, its something around 35bucks per pc in KL here...

hope this solve ur prob.

I tried before with adjustable absorber but not soft/hard. The rear AE101 is too light & it bumpy a lot ( front 4 kg/mm, rear 2.8 kg/mm ). If 2 to 3 person at the back, its perfect. Try to look 4 lighter springs rate but failed, finally sold to my friend :banghead: . MISSSSSSS AAAAAAAAAA LOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! :bawling: :bawling: . Brought japan sport springs " Esliper", springs rate unknown. the ride with it was ok but just too low, add front added 1.5" rubber spacer it look nice ( 2 finger gap ), rear with 1" ( only 1.5 finger gap, if with 2" rubber spacer it will look nice. ). Anywhere i'm not racer.

i've checked with few tire shop, eventually the rim offset seems to be correct

correct offset? what is ur rim offset now?

Stock rim and tyre of coz won't hit ur sender, that y I'm very sure you're using sport rim.

the other option is get harder spring but that will chnage the ride characteristic.

I tried before with adjustable absorber but not soft/hard. The rear AE101 is too light & it bumpy a lot ( front 4 kg/mm, rear 2.8 kg/mm ). If 2 to 3 person at the back, its perfect. Try to look 4 lighter springs rate but failed, finally sold to my friend :banghead: . MISSSSSSS AAAAAAAAAA LOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! :bawling: :bawling: . Brought japan sport springs " Esliper", springs rate unknown. the ride with it was ok but just too low, add front added 1.5" rubber spacer it look nice ( 2 finger gap ), rear with 1" ( only 1.5 finger gap, if with 2" rubber spacer it will look nice. ). Anywhere i'm not racer.

So does the Espiler spring stiffer?

off coz, most of the after market sport spring are generally stiffer then stock but the only problem is they are too low... i think 37 to 40 15" rim offset is good for toyota.

well .....to solve ur problems i think u better use hi/lo/so/hard adjustable lah ...since u face so many problems wit tis ....sumore u can adjust the stifness by ur own ......a set of D2 will help u out a lot ....bumpy on adjustable is surely got lor ...if u bring a gal beside u then u sure will drive those bumpy road and ur eyes sure will look at the gal ***** lol......
adjustable should solve all ur problems ....sumore if leak also can repair ah ..no need to worry and headache on all tis problems ....

Top Bottom