Catch the Sauber Petronas road show

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Saw this news article at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...1387&sec=sports

PETALING JAYA: F1 fans who want to get into the groove early are in for a treat as Sauber Petronas kick off their five-day promotional programme tonight at the Esplanade at KL City Centre (KLCC) to commemorate Petronas's 10th year in F1.

Tomorrow, fans will get to see more than 100 vintage cars in the KL Classic and Vintage Cars exhibition at Dataran Merdeka in the morning before Sauber drivers Jacques Villeneuve and Felipe Massa take the C24 cars out for a spin near KLCC.

The F1 street demonstration is back in Kuala Lumpur after six years. Last year's event was held in Kuching. Jalan Ampang, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng and Jalan P. Ramlee will be closed to traffic tomorrow.

“There will be a fleet of the vintage Rolls Royce at the concourse.

“There will also be the Aston Lagonda, the Ferrari Dino 1973, the vintage Porsches, Jaguars, Bentleys and many others for motoring enthusiasts to admire,” said chief organiser Noraza Yusof, who is the General Manager of Kuala Lumpur Tourism Action Council.

The classic and vintage machines will be lined up in front of the Sultan Abdul Samad building to be judged by a panel of experts for four awards – Vintage, Classic, Modern Classic and Special MG – after which the cars will move to Jalan Ampang and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) for the Petronas F1 Demo.

Villeneuve, Massa, and Malaysian rally ace Karamjit Singh will then thrill the crowd with their skills while motorcycling fans will get to see former world superbike champion Carl Foggerty blazing through Jalan Ampang on the FP1.

Villeneuve was looking forward to the event.

“It's a nice chance because normally at an event we spend most of our time at the race track and only get to go out and look around a place on the Sunday night.

“Unfortunately, I am allergic to spicy food so there are a lot of things I can’t eat,” the Canadian added.

“Sepang is a good circuit but it's very difficult. It's got a lot of interesting corners, both high-speed and low-speed, and its quite a long lap. Malaysia is also very, very hard physically.

More info at http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/news.asp?nid=256

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I hope to see them bring out the F1 car and do donuts in front of KLCC... that would be so cool!!!

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
For those who didn't make it to the road show today, below are some shots of the event.

More photos here

boonleng

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Subang Jaya
Visit site
i was thr too...
but wasted coz raining..
still worth to watch the show under the rain...
can experience the F1 speeding juz few meter from spectators.. especially the ear tearing sound... :D

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Glad u enjoyed yourself. I have been a F1 Track Marshall b4 and I thot that the sound wasn't loud today. Maybe the F1 cars couldn't rev to the max due to safety reasons, and so the exhaust and engine sound not too loud.

Usually, u will need ear plugs, but today no need.

Did u take any photos? Post them lah :)

boonleng

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Subang Jaya
Visit site
last year i was at sepang watch the qualifying race..
i stand first line near the place they u-turn the distance from me to car is about 1 meter...
they got rev high but once only.. the sound really loud as sepang.. can feel the pain on ears... :D
i even got splash by the water from the F1 car... :D :P
due to raining and cold when the wind blow.. then can feel the heat when the F1 passed by.. :D

i took.. but using lousy analog camera.. dunno clear or not and need to wait for processing and scan..
heheheh... :( :(

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was parking my car at taman sentosa during last weekend(sunday 01/08/2010)
Estimate from 6.30pm-8.30pm. The broke my driver side window.
Lost 1 AVCR black color with stand ,
sensor & solenoid safe , so anyone seem any fishy seller selling an APEXi AVCR black with short wire with stand but without the extension wire/sensor/solenoid kindly contact me...
Nothing to say , this is my 3rd time or maybe can say 4th time got car broken ,
2pcs pioneer hu , RSM blue ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience