Car registration

[WLDCRD]

Jul 25, 2005
Australia
Hey all,

got a question for you. if i were to bring an r32 gtr to malaysia, how much does it cost per year to get it registered? is it something ridiculously high? or am i better off just to buy a local car if i were to move there? also, where would be a good place to take the car to get retuned and possibly modified further? any help would be great. thanks

Last edited:

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
not sure bout the road tax price but, there's a few workshops in sunway that can tune/modify/service nissan skylines.

[WLDCRD]

Jul 25, 2005
Australia
thanks for that munky. i'd rather not have to sell the car here as i have put too much time and money into it to get it where it is. i just need to see if its going to be too expensive to register. do i have to pay import tax on the even though i privately own it

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
approval permit. i think for student ap you need to own t he car for at least 2 years and no mods must be done whatsoever cuz upon bringing it back you must go to puspakom to do inspection.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i think u gotta pay taxes when u wanna get it into malaysia.....my fren las time suppose wanna bring his Toyota Altezza from japan coz he is studying there....but lastly he didnt....coz after add up all d cost.....it is damn expensive..no worthy...my 2 cents

[WLDCRD]

Jul 25, 2005
Australia
i wont be going there as a student. i will be going there for work. so no mods....might be a problem there! haha thanks for the help guys

h22abigtec

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Shah Alam
:D Last time i bring my car from jpn....but cow tem dgn kastam to charge the paling miniman taxlah....but i heard the kastam not stupid they also see the brand of car.....if you bring the kaw2 punya kereta just prepare the money....lah :D

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
be careful no to underestimate car's value as Kastam found out they had been conned before by under declarating the actual value. he he..

h22abigtec

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Shah Alam
:D as long the name is skyline gtr 92 it still have value in m`sia....i think the price still around RM55k above sorry if i mistake....so becafull with the kastam... ;)

[WLDCRD]

Jul 25, 2005
Australia
isnt there like a 300% import tax? or was it 400%? so i would have to pay 300-400% tax on the value if it was 55k?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

places that sell starters doesnt seem to have instalation included.. can someone help me with how to fix a starter or replacing my old starter into my car? my engine is 4g13p.. Im driving a saga... thank you very much..

if you dunno where to start.. can you guys tell me where is the starter for a saga located.. thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience