Can GT-R be a daily use car?

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
i've previously never owned any sport car before, and this is a twin turbo car.
Now, planning on getting 1, and that's gt-r 34, it's power and look that just blow me away. but i'm concerned about the durability of the car, i'm planning to use it for daily use, of coz wont be dragging all the time,
so, could anyone help out here?? is this possible? and everybody is talking about high maintenance, and exactly how high would that be?
thankx ! please help! somebody, please.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
You can use it to buy vege and fish at the wet market too (not that some of us have never done it before) ..... That is unless you don't get caught in a narrow and totally congested street and jams ....

And of course 2.6 DETT ... you would expect to pay premium for fuel that's for sure ... How much? Simple comparison is almost doubles the consumption of your average 1.6 Waja auto ... Mods dependent.

Any experts out there with his/her opinion?

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
GTR-34 for daily drive ermmmmm can la dude wont be a prob as long u got the $$$ fuel, service maintenance, ur millage will be very high in few months time which most of the ppl dont want to see in their sports car. i dont even like to see high millage in my waja also hehe.

weihan76

Known Member
Nov 17, 2006
very much dependent on your current lifestyle too dude. It u are a frequent road traveller, the fuel cost will dig deep into your wallet. Cost of maintenance, well.. when the fever of mods come into place, synergically the cost of maintenance will skyrocket as well. The GTR modding fever is an unavoidable plague.

Besides that, it is very possible to use it as a daily car with those expectations in place.

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
well, thanx for the opinions, it's all been pretty much set in mind that fuel and maintenance would dig in deep, guess it still stays in occasionally driven car category, wouldn't know how it turns out unless actually trying it out har,
cheers~

ps, i guess there isn't anyone really using it this way, right?

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
If you've got a strong left foot, anything is possible.

gooberpizzabuns

Mar 15, 2006
my dad use it everyday..even balek kampong with it.very enjoyable at responsive horsepower and standard suspension..not superhard..so no saket belakang:_: around 390 at wheels:X-: hehe.probably about the fuel consumption the only headache..:Not_Impressed:

benny_tan

Nov 14, 2005
ohh~ bro no wonder all the sudden called up ask me bout fuel consumption on my car hahaha now i get the meaning lolz... no worries man fuel consumption depends on how u rock ur ride n depending how heavy footed u are lolz drive 60kmh no prob can last u awhile. sumore ur planing to get a standard car not much of prob hahaha...anyways gd luck in finding a GTR k dont forget fetch me go yum char lo ~ cheers

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
well, i ain't rich and ain't got heavy foot, only hoping get the chance to feel owning a supercar, though it's new model coming soon.
glad that ur dad does that, at least telling that this is quite a tough super car, i suppose? anyone to correct this?
cheers!

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
oh dude, never expect to see ur reply, benny tan? thought u were laren,
alright, will sure do, ahha...now u know har,

benny_tan

Nov 14, 2005
hahahaha ayiak~ laren is the email ma last time mc laren fever ma lolz~ no worries man have a nice day on selecting d super ca, wish i can haha.

picks

Known Member
May 25, 2007
cheers mate,
1 question, tested a vspec today, repainted, fully ori condition, year 2002,
anyone knows is it possible to check if all this info is correct? at least making sure it's a real vspec instead of a stnd gtr, ?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Skyline GT-R?.. daily driven? .. This is not Japan nor we are Japanese :) .. Make it simple, buy as a weekend car if u really interested.

Thats my humble suggestion, dont get stuck in the middle later on.

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
depend on your pocket size and enthusiasm level,
if positive..just go for it lorr
it's not the zonda or enzo we're talking rite?

my cent cents

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just add on new straight muffler, but the sound not loud...and i on auto tranny,
so, if remove the ori muffler, the pickup will sucks.....

any recommend beside go for S-flow muffler, since i brought and install already the straight pipe muffler...

anyway to keep the back pressure?? two bullet ? instead of 1 bullet now using..
and the piping is original diameter...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience