Calling All SM4/CB-Series Accordians!

bullet_nos

Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Hi All,

There isn't much resources on sm4/cb-series accords, therefore, I've decided to start the ball rolling by opening a thread dedicated to anything and everything about 4th Generation(correct me if im wrong :P ) Accords.

Just a headstart, I'll introduce myself, my car:

1. bullet_nos (Kelvin)

Car: Honda Accord SM4 2.0 (M) EX Sedan 1991 (Carbie)
Colour: White
Wheels: Targa Alloy (Taiwan)
Donuts: 195/60/r15 Dunlop lm702

Mods: Tanabe Hyper Medallion Muffler

ICE: Sony Head Unit, Stock set up

Future Plans: Engine Swap! Perhaps F20B from cf4. prefer to stick to 2000cc

Ok guys, now its your turn! Keep the 4th gen Alive People...

Ps: Indecided, you still drive your sm4?
nainaz, now we can talk all about sm4 here :D

Cheers Guys

kelve

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
err SM4 are 4th Gen Accord...3rd Gen is the CA series...like mine

2.SataniC(papayaman,pataya,fyzal)

Car:CA5 1989 Accord B16A VTEC
Colour:Midnite Black
Wheels:I dunno..some DTM lookalike
F:205/55/15 Silverstone Slick
R:205/45/16 Silverstone

Mods
2.5" Straight Piping
HKS Hiper (Turbo)
Cold Air Intake
KnN Filter
Iriway Plugs
Tokico Absorbers
Lowering Springs
Bendix Metal King

Ice:Blaupunkt (downgraded to stock spec..no money HAHAH)

Future:EHEHHEHEHEHEHE 2Litah

bullet_nos

Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hehe, thanx satanic for the correction., :rolleyes:
no wonder i had a feeling it was wrong. lol

cool car u got there. but interesting, how come swap a b16a inside? i thought stock is 2.0 litre right?

nainazs

thanks bullet_nos for opening this thread. Hopefully many will be joining our discussion. I follow your introduction format:

Nick name: nainazs (ZUL)

Previous car: Wira Aeroback MIVEC 1.8
Car: Honda Accord SM4 2.0 (A) EXi Sedan 1991 (Injection)
Colour: Silver
Wheels: Forgot what brand
Donuts: 205/60/r15 yokohama

Mods: Nothing yet

ICE: Pioneer 5650, Sony Front Speakers & Tweeter

Future Plans: Try to get my auto gearbox more smooth & F20A INSIDESSSS

nainazs

Where is the most prefered chop shop with many honda parts especially SM4s other than Tatsuki Jalan Ipoh? Any body mind sharing for source of parts

vyruzj

vyruzj (Jeff)

Car: Honda Accord SM4 2.0 (M) EX Sedan 1991 (Carbie)
Colour: White
Wheels: 15" 6 or 7 (not sure) spoke Enkei
Donuts: 195/60/r15 Riken tyres

Mods: Stock

ICE: Stock speaker and cap ayam cd player

Future Plans: Too many lar :P but importants ones are swap engine 1st (no money now....sob sob), and check out my signature.

Yeah Indecided, where have u been? Still driving ur trusty SM4? Been busy selling pust-start button heh? :P

Actually there is a thread in Aut0w0rld in the Honda section where me and Indecided use to hang out.... But things are slow now over there... But we all can go there once in a while to gather info...

http://www.autoworld.com.my/forum/allposts...+%2F+CB4+Owners

B)

bullet_nos

Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
nainaz, no probs bro. its all who play a part in keeping this thread alive. ;)

btw, as for half cut shops, since im from malacca, i only am familiar of my area.but the prices here are cut-throat if you don't know them. less competition as compared to KL can be one of the reasons.

btw, here are some pics to feast your eyes on...

And More...

Running on H22A

Cool Meter Cluster

Just for motivation to the sm4 accordians here...haha!
cheers!

bullet_nos

Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
vyruzj,

yeah, i used to hang out at Autoworld also in that thread, under the nick Kelve.
no offense to AW, but i think here more centralized leh. AW there slowly fading away. last time so active. :( cheers

Xenix

Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
bullet_nos, I think you double post a topic. Please kindly delete the topic from the bottom left.

Thanks. Keep this one as this one have more replies. Sorry for the trouble. this is for other's better viewing.

s15

Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
sm4 here

no mod

p/s: last time open thread not even 1 reply
now so many reply <_<

putone

Jan 15, 2004
Howdy...I'm putone and my ride's as follows:

Car:CB3 90 Accord Exl-i
Colour: Navy Blue
Wheels:BSA 16"
F&R:205/55/16 Falken Azenis ST115

Mods
Dropin KnN Filter
denso iridiums IK16
Monroe Absorbers
Bendix Metal King
chassis foam

Ice:Sony HU & amps/alpine comps blaupunkt rearfills cap ayam sub

Future:H22A or might just sell it off

nainazs

bullet_nos: why aaa u post the pictures? u want to 'racun' all the SM4s with those pics. Those SM4 overseas are very eye-catching. I hope that I could design like one of them.

Well, this thread is to provide or to assist the SM4 owners in maintaining their baby. Although it is almost 13 years old, its comfort and design can beat our local models. Anybody had serious problem on your SM4? As for me, my problem now is fuel consumption. Driving in town cost me more as previously I'm using MIVEC 1.8 Only hehehe.. sure feel the fuel consumption difference. Oto sumore..

How to make our engine fuel efficient? Bullet_Nos, nowadays I think the hafcut price is cheaper is it? wait until it get less than 2k, i'll convert my engine. Now no money laaaa... becoz last time a lot of 'thing' in my MIVEC. Anyway, I love my SM4 more.

bullet_nos

Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
nainaz, haha :P , 'racun' dorang semua...keke
dunno local places can custom make such chun bodykits. malacca still very hard to find these kinda places.
and although this may seem untrue, but after changing my muffler to such a huge diameter tip (not piping), my fuel consumption has improved! no kidding. i used to get around 250 kms for RM50. then after i changed the muffler, (before petrol price naik), i got 320kms! then my recent mileage i clocked for RM50 is around 270kms or more!(after petrol price naik 5c/1l) really sweet. plus, there is better power in after 3k rpm. before 3k rpm, its about the same as stock. muffler thanx to normality! haha. no regrets.

putone, wah, long time no see u. last time was in AW. nice to see ya here dude. btw, the knn filter really bagus ar?

s15, hehehe, i think your nick quite deceiving la thats y, i tot u drive silvia. kekekek....but nice to meet you too. so, whats been keeping your car stock? :P
mine baru start wanna mod. but looking for a good f20b engine now. cheers

xenix, thanx, i've deleted the topic. sorry for taking extra space on the server. yesterday my page couldn't load after i posted the topic, therefore, tot tak jadi, post again. hehe. cheers!

nainazs

bullet_nos: a good news & info there bro. Now, I'm going to do that, changing my stock muffler to a new one. What brand could u suggest aaa? Its S-Flow is it- your Tanabe Medallion Power Tak hingatt.

One thing bro, how can u use 2.5" inlet & match with the original piping of i think less than 2"? so the exhaust shop have to make the inlet bigger to match the inlet of the muffler? like that ka?

I've read in AW forum from Page 1 to Page 29 all.. hahhaha.. S15, I've seen your nick as well as kelve. Now, i think I'm comfortable to discuss it here. Kelve, from AW, i've read that u want to find f20B not f20A, Why not F20A? Difference of F20B?

Guys, need your input here. I am planning to change my stock alarm to 2 way alarm for my Civic FD1. Budget is RM500 and below. I've seen many STEELMATE 898G PRO-II alarm on the net but not much reviews. Is any one of you using 2 way alarm ? Please share / suggest.