Buying a Forester Blues...

rockabunny

Jan 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Ok, saw a forester which I am pretty much interested in but have some reservations due to some horror stories. Could someone please give me some tips or pointers in terms of owning a subaru forester (Forester SF5 Spec. C, 2001).

Cheers and much appreciated

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
hehehehe..first be very sure if its a spec c, 2001...its tough to get around with one..
make sure its not some converted ones or you'd be screwed.....

tips: check under/inside the seats or seatbelt, you can see white tags, the tags will have details of the manufacture year. If its not 2000/2001 then you might be screwed.

there's really no horror story owning a subaru forester, i'm a happy sf5 owner...beside wear and tear then is just maintainance...parts are still widely available.

fuselage

Over 10,000 RPM!
May 18, 2005
shah alam
another very happy SF5 owner here...

parts are widely available via brand new or at chop shop..

no worries to own this beautiful machine...

kjyan

Known Member
Apr 10, 2006
Hi,

Just asking, the 2nd generation 03/08 forester look tempting.. :biggrin:
How's the parts availability for this model? and it's maintenance?

Thanks

aqim

Jan 1, 2006
i'm new here in subaru thread. lately i found myself attracted to forester which looks like a wagon. not sure which model was that. strangely the new model looks like suv
if my budget is around RM80K, should i keep on dreaming to get this car or I just forget about it because the price is so damn expensive?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

i just done my survey from wikipedia
SF is the 1st generation and XT is the 2nd generation and obviously the latest one i'm not interested
What is the price range for these 2 models?
By looking at XT specs i dont think it is within my budget. Maybe i just wait for Exora T

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

just for sharing for forester 2003 - 2008 review

Subaru Forester expert review, what to look for, maintenance tips, specs and more

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
hehehehe..first be very sure if its a spec c, 2001...its tough to get around with one..
make sure its not some converted ones or you'd be screwed.....

tips: check under/inside the seats or seatbelt, you can see white tags, the tags will have details of the manufacture year. If its not 2000/2001 then you might be screwed.

there's really no horror story owning a subaru forester, i'm a happy sf5 owner...beside wear and tear then is just maintainance...parts are still widely available.
care to enlighthen why if it is not 2000/2001 will be a bad idea? A truely newbie here :rolleyes:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
I'm not sure where to post this but I think most DIY members should know better.
I'm looking for this clip which hold Wira's rear number plate frame.
Anyone knows where to get them? I've tried spare part shops and they don't have it.
Where else could I get hold of this? Thanks.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience