Buy Perodua MYVI or wait for Proton new release

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

itrDC2

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
NO MORE PROTON!!!!
It'll probably hurt our country's economy..... which in turn hurts us all.... but for the sake of improvement. a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

srs, side impact bar, nice lookin car, reliability of perodua and dihatsu... for that price.... it's a competition come back!! good for consumers mah...

did anyone know that MYVI was actually launched in Geneva Motosports festival (Swiss)before it was launched here in Malaysia? usually nice concept cars are displayed there at this convention BUT MYVI was there.... dun play play! :)

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
anvies said:
ehhh pass by perodua showroom today~ saw myvi already... red in colour... so nice... already saw many ppl looking at it...will go to showroom see this weekend~
yup, those days everyone flock to see P1 launch. Now, lalat ....oppps. :rolleyes:

maybe proton have something nice in TRM....but its a mountain to climb for them to entise buyers now.

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
Viperleed said:
depends on your decision
IMHO, i've viewed the MY-Vi myself and found out quite solid especially the doors...
nice tail lights and front lights..
if i was you.. i'll wait for perodua's MYVi upcoming competitor "Honda Life"..just my Dua cent
honda's life's coming to malaysia..?

moe6

Known Member
Mar 1, 2005
PJ
Visit site
The MyVi looks like a more attractive prospect rather than the TRM. For starters, yes, Proton has it's issues. It's many issues :p. There's also the modders view of it, since the MyVI technically has been out longer (as the Boon and Passo), there will be more parts for it (bodykits and what not) that don't look hideous (see: most bodykits for Gen2 :p). Whereas the TRM is a new car, and the only thing that people are somewhat familiar with is the Renault engine. I should say familiar to an extent, since Renault engines aren't really familiar to many at all in Malaysia hehehe. While I'm not one to stroke Perodua's cock, I think Daihatsu/Toyota has guided them well enough to secure the confidence in the buying public, whereas Proton still has trouble grasping it (no doubt there are those who are trying, but like DRB-HICOM's internal hanky-panky, it'll take awhile to get rid of the problems within).

So, I would say run off, and get that booking fee down for a MyVI. ONLY if you like the car though :). Don't go off and buy a car that you don't really like, because you'll never really like it.

I COULD put my money down on a myvi right now, but i'm going to go ahead with a Gen2, problems or not, I'm not fond of MyVI's form factor :p. The only one in that class I do like is the Jazz, and only because its leap and bounds better than most :p.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Proton's ad damn funny...

"Fuiyoh! Lucky I didn't placed deposit on the other car!"

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Proton always win by looks n style... but crap in quality. Even the original replacement parts are crap like made in somewhere very cheap (maybe Penjara Sg Buloh).
Haha... later can see MyVi using VAFC laaa ek?

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
go for myvi la..
Today perodua sales man said new proton TRM very nice..abit shorter than myvi..but will launch manual first coz having problem wit auto gearbox! 1.1L only..summore he said the price around 49K..walao! Having problem..listen to it also dun dare to buy la..

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
definitely definitely myvi cause its from daihatsu & toyota just like how they develope avanza. i seen ppl post some pic of the bodykit..damn nice......

moe6

Known Member
Mar 1, 2005
PJ
Visit site
yinho said:
if u like gen2 style, u should wait for srm. it wont be long. just widen ur choice
cannot wait liao :C. I've delayed my purchase damn long already T_T. I would prefer to get SRM actually...

crsjimmy

Known Member
May 5, 2005
its depend on u onli , about MyVI, i tested the car , it go9t many problem now, especially the door !! , wen u close the hardly , it will canot open the door from inside!! ,it has no autolock wen i check!!! n the body ,it seems no harder !! u better wait the proton 1st n decide lar !!!

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Hahaha..so many "pro-dua" here..i will stand back and see how things go...seems like competition is already heat up before proton launch their new car..interesting..

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
wait lar bro. wont be long wan. after trm its srm's turn

moe6 said:
cannot wait liao :C. I've delayed my purchase damn long already T_T. I would prefer to get SRM actually...

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
P2 vs Proton

Each company has certain aspects..
P2 MYvi has just launched...

if you not in a hurry. y not wait for SRM and TRM to be released..

More competition, more better value for our ringgit spent..
maybe when SRM release liao, then MYvi may have a FAcelift??

rps13_R

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
DJmobile said:
P2 vs Proton

Each company has certain aspects..
P2 MYvi has just launched...

if you not in a hurry. y not wait for SRM and TRM to be released..

More competition, more better value for our ringgit spent..
maybe when SRM release liao, then MYvi may have a FAcelift??
maybe a free TRD kit:D

and create models like

TOMS MyVI
TRD MyVI
WALD MyVI

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
haha.. if free TRD kit i'll certainly buy it lar... but nothing comes free rite??.. i saw da price of their so-called sports rim (which to me it doesnt come any close to 'sport') cost rm1400... even da stupid triangle warning sign cost rm45, where u can purchase them for jz rm5 at Brothers...

i think MyVi only selling points are roomie for it class and considerably cheap for da 1.3L compare to proton... the handling and performance really depends how much u push da car to its limit... and about the safety features, we will have to wait till one of it got in an accident and see how it fairs... haha... touchwood touchwood...

donchichi

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Just that i heard the Proton is going back to renault engine. Anyone can confirm this? If they are man isn't it a big mistake...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience