500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nola bro biasa only, family just prefers to spend on cars rather than property hahah :driver:
My kinda family! Pity my wife disagrees

yup..still doing survey about the interest rate for loan second car... what the most people said for now aroud 4% - 5%.. quite high for me..huhu

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

owh..just get? from dealer or direct owner?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Thank for your opinion bro..maybe what i look to get buy the car is brand la.. for toyota vios, the brand also wll known and already survey from net, forum, owner itself..they told that maintenance and FC this car also affordable..that important beside the price..but you know la, to get the new toyota vios, sure i cant afford..but if for used toyota (i looking year 2006 and above) i can afford. hehe
Direct owner. I don't trust dealers unless its my relative. And my interest rate with Public Bank 3.45%, it's not that high la 4-5% is insane. But my car is 54k only, loan 45k. So monthly RM635 which is quite decent for the car I bought.

Don't get overly obsessed with Toyotas. They are old tech cars. But for 2nd hand Toyotas that's not a bad thing, old tech = less things break down. If you can afford 76k, get the new City model S. It's pretty damn good car wei.

Otherwise second hand Toyotas are good. Corolla 13-15k. I saw this pretty tidy modded SEG going for 15k. Dunno if it's still available for sale. Vios are generally safe but need to really check these cars inside out. They are low maintenance but most owners are lazy ass owners and don't bother to maintain well since they *forget* maintenance schedules.

I would avoid the Citys that used to have CVT. That time the City was targeting the mid-range class of drivers. The car was within budget but the maintenance was high, the CVT oil is quite expensive to change. 4L would be like RM300+ so a lot of mechs would tell them "Dexron ok one laaaaaa" then they'd use that oil and have GB problems. In fact 99% of those cars that time had CVT issues so make sure you check that first before committing to the car. Personally I find the IDSI had better low end torque but the iVTEC model had better mid to high power. In terms of FC IDSI had a little bit more of an edge.

The Dugong Vios model is cheaper than the 1st gen Vios for some reason. The 1st gen one is seemingly bigger a little inside. But you'll need to be prepared to spend to spruce up the interior if you buy one that old. And most if not all will get hit by the 9 year old car insurance loading which is 5% more on top of your insurance amount. So if you buy a 50k Vios then insurance is going to cost a bit especially for a Vios.

Oh well, if you guys prefer to get cars more than property, must have constant cash lo.:biggrin:
I'm not sure what you meant by that - but these modern cars (new) are kinda low maintenance. These days cars got 3-5 years free maintenance and all and most cars these days like my 'new' car are very low maintenance. CVT change every 100k km, spark plugs too, oil using full syn so 12k change and belt every 80k. Timing chain and cvt chain inspect every 200k. Change only at 500k.

If you meant they had surplus money and no where to spend, then buying cars will attract income taxes attention. Not necessarily a good idea unless it's a cash buy.

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Direct owner. I don't trust dealers unless its my relative. And my interest rate with Public Bank 3.45%, it's not that high la 4-5% is insane. But my car is 54k only, loan 45k. So monthly RM635 which is quite decent for the car I bought.

Don't get overly obsessed with Toyotas. They are old tech cars. But for 2nd hand Toyotas that's not a bad thing, old tech = less things break down. If you can afford 76k, get the new City model S. It's pretty damn good car wei.

Otherwise second hand Toyotas are good. Corolla 13-15k. I saw this pretty tidy modded SEG going for 15k. Dunno if it's still available for sale. Vios are generally safe but need to really check these cars inside out. They are low maintenance but most owners are lazy ass owners and don't bother to maintain well since they *forget* maintenance schedules.

I would avoid the Citys that used to have CVT. That time the City was targeting the mid-range class of drivers. The car was within budget but the maintenance was high, the CVT oil is quite expensive to change. 4L would be like RM300+ so a lot of mechs would tell them "Dexron ok one laaaaaa" then they'd use that oil and have GB problems. In fact 99% of those cars that time had CVT issues so make sure you check that first before committing to the car. Personally I find the IDSI had better low end torque but the iVTEC model had better mid to high power. In terms of FC IDSI had a little bit more of an edge.

The Dugong Vios model is cheaper than the 1st gen Vios for some reason. The 1st gen one is seemingly bigger a little inside. But you'll need to be prepared to spend to spruce up the interior if you buy one that old. And most if not all will get hit by the 9 year old car insurance loading which is 5% more on top of your insurance amount. So if you buy a 50k Vios then insurance is going to cost a bit especially for a Vios.
owh..so the current interest for now for used car loan 3.45% right? ok, quite ok..hehe.. I plan to take a look a vios 2007 this weekend..there car he offered 39K but maybe i see him this weekend, try to nego a little bit..hehehe...i ok, mybe next week try to apply for loan..because the owner said for the loan, buyer arrange by himself.. I want to apply for full loan and i hope lepas la..

for a new car whether city or vios, i cant afford la bro..my budget to get car max 45K.. and for repayment of monthly, i afford below rm600..maybe around rm530 - rm550 only..hehe

City CVT also in my target but for now, can find one lor..so, mybe not la kot..

Dugong cheaper than old vios? no la cause based on my survey the old version of vios, the price more cheaper..because the i think the dugong model is new model right? hehe

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
car nowaday are more affordable...if new car, they can arrange low interest 2.xx% and low downpayment as low as rm1000

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
owh..so the current interest for now for used car loan 3.45% right? ok, quite ok..hehe.. I plan to take a look a vios 2007 this weekend..there car he offered 39K but maybe i see him this weekend, try to nego a little bit..hehehe...i ok, mybe next week try to apply for loan..because the owner said for the loan, buyer arrange by himself.. I want to apply for full loan and i hope lepas la..

for a new car whether city or vios, i cant afford la bro..my budget to get car max 45K.. and for repayment of monthly, i afford below rm600..maybe around rm530 - rm550 only..hehe

City CVT also in my target but for now, can find one lor..so, mybe not la kot..

Dugong cheaper than old vios? no la cause based on my survey the old version of vios, the price more cheaper..because the i think the dugong model is new model right? hehe
Best survey what is the trade in price for a year 2007 Vios, that way u know how much to nego. Personal sellers usually don't want to hold the car for too long, as long as they can earn a bit more than trade in to used car dealers they should be fine if very desperate. Unless not desperate ones then is different story.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't understand why you'd want to buy a 7 year old Vios. Cheap is one thing but something that old would mean a lot will need changing. Unless the seller has receipts to prove he changed all these things, you're going to need to fork out a lot to repair. My 'new' car is 5 years old and the owner sent it to Tanchong for every service and had receipts. But when I took over, there were a few things I needed to tend to :

1. Old 2010 year tyres. The seller said these are new and had receipts, but he didn't realize the age of the tyres.

2. The car was due for oil change, CVT oil change and spark plug change. You may not think this is much, but this costs a lot. Engine oil is ok - I got my FS oil for RM160. But I spent money on a flush and checking for leaks since the car was on mineral / semi syn since day 1. I don't understand why Tanchong doesn't use FS. And the bloody CVT gear oil is RM175 for 4L and I needed 7L to do a proper change. That's RM350. Then there's the goddamn plugs which are a special size. And because they are so hard to reach, they are Iridium Tough / Platinum Laser plugs - RM50 a piece. To remove the plugs I have to drain the coolant, then remove intake manifold and TB (water cooled) then only remove the COP. So much work = money!!

3. Interior needed cleaning. Even though leather, it was quite a lot of work. Thanks to a few good friends, I got their help to do the work and it was still 1 days worth of cleaning.

4. Tint.

5. Nicks and dings all over the car from stones and idiots who open their car doors too hard. Nothing can be done about these except a repaint.

That's so far all I'm discovering. Might be more.

car nowaday are more affordable...if new car, they can arrange low interest 2.xx% and low downpayment as low as rm1000
Ya Evoz, but this fella loan max 45k. That's still 500 to 600+ per month. Eh.. actually stereobiru why don't you consider the Proton Persona SV. At least you don't have to worry about the usual second hand car things.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I don't understand why you'd want to buy a 7 year old Vios. Cheap is one thing but something that old would mean a lot will need changing. Unless the seller has receipts to prove he changed all these things, you're going to need to fork out a lot to repair. My 'new' car is 5 years old and the owner sent it to Tanchong for every service and had receipts. But when I took over, there were a few things I needed to tend to :

1. Old 2010 year tyres. The seller said these are new and had receipts, but he didn't realize the age of the tyres.

2. The car was due for oil change, CVT oil change and spark plug change. You may not think this is much, but this costs a lot. Engine oil is ok - I got my FS oil for RM160. But I spent money on a flush and checking for leaks since the car was on mineral / semi syn since day 1. I don't understand why Tanchong doesn't use FS. And the bloody CVT gear oil is RM175 for 4L and I needed 7L to do a proper change. That's RM350. Then there's the goddamn plugs which are a special size. And because they are so hard to reach, they are Iridium Tough / Platinum Laser plugs - RM50 a piece. To remove the plugs I have to drain the coolant, then remove intake manifold and TB (water cooled) then only remove the COP. So much work = money!!

3. Interior needed cleaning. Even though leather, it was quite a lot of work. Thanks to a few good friends, I got their help to do the work and it was still 1 days worth of cleaning.

4. Tint.

5. Nicks and dings all over the car from stones and idiots who open their car doors too hard. Nothing can be done about these except a repaint.

Ya Evoz, but this fella loan max 45k. That's still 500 to 600+ per month. Eh.. actually stereobiru why don't you consider the Proton Persona SV. At least you don't have to worry about the usual second hand car things.
izso.

6. the bill for banana leaf :thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

4. Tint.

Vios = God Car it seems. :hmmmm2: Everyone just want to own one. Can fly, can speed, can corner like king, can tapau bigger cc cars, everyone looks up to u when u own a vios :listen:

Bro, ur sylphy time for plastic dip DIT :biggrin: Camo Green. :biggrin:

RM45k, Persona SV, seems not a bad deal. Or just the cheaper Ugly green and pink Myvi.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Already suggested. He anti Proton. Tsk tsk

I passed by shell petrol station at the corner near Subang Utama & saw a silver persona with 'P" sticker overturned.
luckily it was not a black one :biggrin:
Itu Black mia sudah out of P. And the driver not that noob. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I passed by shell petrol station at the corner near Subang Utama & saw a silver persona with 'P" sticker overturned.
luckily it was not a black one :biggrin:
Will only happen if he keep whacking corners during rain with over confidence :biggrin:
:vroam: *cabut*

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Vios, City & Myvi. The infamous trio on malaysian roads

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i gt a problem with my aircond,everytime i on my ac,sure hve sound 1...izzit my belt lose already?or need grease?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience