Buy a used car

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
owh..so the current interest for now for used car loan 3.45% right? ok, quite ok..hehe.. I plan to take a look a vios 2007 this weekend..there car he offered 39K but maybe i see him this weekend, try to nego a little bit..hehehe...i ok, mybe next week try to apply for loan..because the owner said for the loan, buyer arrange by himself.. I want to apply for full loan and i hope lepas la..

for a new car whether city or vios, i cant afford la bro..my budget to get car max 45K.. and for repayment of monthly, i afford below rm600..maybe around rm530 - rm550 only..hehe

City CVT also in my target but for now, can find one lor..so, mybe not la kot..

Dugong cheaper than old vios? no la cause based on my survey the old version of vios, the price more cheaper..because the i think the dugong model is new model right? hehe
Best survey what is the trade in price for a year 2007 Vios, that way u know how much to nego. Personal sellers usually don't want to hold the car for too long, as long as they can earn a bit more than trade in to used car dealers they should be fine if very desperate. Unless not desperate ones then is different story.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
owh..so the current interest for now for used car loan 3.45% right? ok, quite ok..hehe.. I plan to take a look a vios 2007 this weekend..there car he offered 39K but maybe i see him this weekend, try to nego a little bit..hehehe...i ok, mybe next week try to apply for loan..because the owner said for the loan, buyer arrange by himself.. I want to apply for full loan and i hope lepas la..
I don't understand why you'd want to buy a 7 year old Vios. Cheap is one thing but something that old would mean a lot will need changing. Unless the seller has receipts to prove he changed all these things, you're going to need to fork out a lot to repair. My 'new' car is 5 years old and the owner sent it to Tanchong for every service and had receipts. But when I took over, there were a few things I needed to tend to :

1. Old 2010 year tyres. The seller said these are new and had receipts, but he didn't realize the age of the tyres.

2. The car was due for oil change, CVT oil change and spark plug change. You may not think this is much, but this costs a lot. Engine oil is ok - I got my FS oil for RM160. But I spent money on a flush and checking for leaks since the car was on mineral / semi syn since day 1. I don't understand why Tanchong doesn't use FS. And the bloody CVT gear oil is RM175 for 4L and I needed 7L to do a proper change. That's RM350. Then there's the goddamn plugs which are a special size. And because they are so hard to reach, they are Iridium Tough / Platinum Laser plugs - RM50 a piece. To remove the plugs I have to drain the coolant, then remove intake manifold and TB (water cooled) then only remove the COP. So much work = money!!

3. Interior needed cleaning. Even though leather, it was quite a lot of work. Thanks to a few good friends, I got their help to do the work and it was still 1 days worth of cleaning.

4. Tint.

5. Nicks and dings all over the car from stones and idiots who open their car doors too hard. Nothing can be done about these except a repaint.

That's so far all I'm discovering. Might be more.

car nowaday are more affordable...if new car, they can arrange low interest 2.xx% and low downpayment as low as rm1000
Ya Evoz, but this fella loan max 45k. That's still 500 to 600+ per month. Eh.. actually stereobiru why don't you consider the Proton Persona SV. At least you don't have to worry about the usual second hand car things.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I don't understand why you'd want to buy a 7 year old Vios. Cheap is one thing but something that old would mean a lot will need changing. Unless the seller has receipts to prove he changed all these things, you're going to need to fork out a lot to repair. My 'new' car is 5 years old and the owner sent it to Tanchong for every service and had receipts. But when I took over, there were a few things I needed to tend to :

1. Old 2010 year tyres. The seller said these are new and had receipts, but he didn't realize the age of the tyres.

2. The car was due for oil change, CVT oil change and spark plug change. You may not think this is much, but this costs a lot. Engine oil is ok - I got my FS oil for RM160. But I spent money on a flush and checking for leaks since the car was on mineral / semi syn since day 1. I don't understand why Tanchong doesn't use FS. And the bloody CVT gear oil is RM175 for 4L and I needed 7L to do a proper change. That's RM350. Then there's the goddamn plugs which are a special size. And because they are so hard to reach, they are Iridium Tough / Platinum Laser plugs - RM50 a piece. To remove the plugs I have to drain the coolant, then remove intake manifold and TB (water cooled) then only remove the COP. So much work = money!!

3. Interior needed cleaning. Even though leather, it was quite a lot of work. Thanks to a few good friends, I got their help to do the work and it was still 1 days worth of cleaning.

4. Tint.

5. Nicks and dings all over the car from stones and idiots who open their car doors too hard. Nothing can be done about these except a repaint.

Ya Evoz, but this fella loan max 45k. That's still 500 to 600+ per month. Eh.. actually stereobiru why don't you consider the Proton Persona SV. At least you don't have to worry about the usual second hand car things.
izso.

6. the bill for banana leaf :thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

4. Tint.

Vios = God Car it seems. :hmmmm2: Everyone just want to own one. Can fly, can speed, can corner like king, can tapau bigger cc cars, everyone looks up to u when u own a vios :listen:

Bro, ur sylphy time for plastic dip DIT :biggrin: Camo Green. :biggrin:

RM45k, Persona SV, seems not a bad deal. Or just the cheaper Ugly green and pink Myvi.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Already suggested. He anti Proton. Tsk tsk

I passed by shell petrol station at the corner near Subang Utama & saw a silver persona with 'P" sticker overturned.
luckily it was not a black one :biggrin:
Itu Black mia sudah out of P. And the driver not that noob. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I passed by shell petrol station at the corner near Subang Utama & saw a silver persona with 'P" sticker overturned.
luckily it was not a black one :biggrin:
Will only happen if he keep whacking corners during rain with over confidence :biggrin:
:vroam: *cabut*

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Go so fast for what la. Burn petrol and endanger the life of the people around you and in your car.

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Best survey what is the trade in price for a year 2007 Vios, that way u know how much to nego. Personal sellers usually don't want to hold the car for too long, as long as they can earn a bit more than trade in to used car dealers they should be fine if very desperate. Unless not desperate ones then is different story.
ok...thank for your tips bro.. i already take a look 2 vios car (2007 car 38K and 2009 car 43K) last weekend. But not able to do a drive test a 2009 car because i just bring my friends not a mech... so, just deal to him to do a drive test this friday.. So, what do you think the price if let say the condition car is good and not have any major problem? if ok rm43K for 2009 vios?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Go so fast for what la. Burn petrol and endanger the life of the people around you and in your car.
No fast car, have to drive fast to get notice. If own a Lambo, slow also ppl will find it moving too fast for them to admire...:rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

ok...thank for your tips bro.. i already take a look 2 vios car (2007 car 38K and 2009 car 43K) last weekend. But not able to do a drive test a 2009 car because i just bring my friends not a mech... so, just deal to him to do a drive test this friday.. So, what do you think the price if let say the condition car is good and not have any major problem? if ok rm43K for 2009 vios?
Consider cheaper than market price if u did survey Mudah.my. Also depends on the condition of the car whether the car price is worth that value to u according to its condition. Always set aside more RM3K at least for standby or more if have for any wear and tear parts to replace.

stereobiru

May 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Vios = God Car it seems. :hmmmm2: Everyone just want to own one. Can fly, can speed, can corner like king, can tapau bigger cc cars, everyone looks up to u when u own a vios :listen:

Bro, ur sylphy time for plastic dip DIT :biggrin: Camo Green. :biggrin:

RM45k, Persona SV, seems not a bad deal. Or just the cheaper Ugly green and pink Myvi.
hahaha.. dont know la..mybe i too focused in searching for vios..that why not look at other option car..hehe

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

U forgot Almera. :biggrin: As long affordable cars for kids, can include in.
ok..will try to looking an info about that car..hehe

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Already suggested. He anti Proton. Tsk tsk
haha..not anti bro..juz not interested..maybe not get much info about that car kot..hehe

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

4. Tint.

i dont know much about persona..not very take a look for proton car..hehe..

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Vios, City & Myvi. The infamous trio on malaysian roads
hehe..i think so..

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Consider cheaper than market price if u did survey Mudah.my. Also depends on the condition of the car whether the car price is worth that value to u according to its condition. Always set aside more RM3K at least for standby or more if have for any wear and tear parts to replace.
owh..already take look around mudah n carlist, that are cheapers for 2009 car..and the seller also the owner of that car..not a dealer..hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No fast car, have to drive fast to get notice. If own a Lambo, slow also ppl will find it moving too fast for them to admire...:rofl:
I pity your lambo :thefinger:

I wouldn't drive slow if I had one. Besides, driving 100km/h in a car like that feels like 40km/h in a regular car. Heck, I drove the XKR (older 4L model) and it was hard to drive slower than 110km/h. My hengtai cars were cursing me to no end.

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
stereobiru : I am owner a Proton car for many years now and I can confirm that you are making a right decision avoiding Proton at all cost. I have money and I will still avoid Proton, even if I don't have the money I will still avoid Proton all the more. I gave them +RM60k in legal tender which is perfectly usable in every way but I got a car in return with a list of complaints from 1st week of ownership.

Most of the advices here from our brothers & sisters here are very good, I must say, follow them and you cannot go far wrong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys. I am doing a research on customers' perception on authorised car service centres.
Please help me fill up this questionnaire for my thesis. Send to your friends too. Thanks.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ei5UmVEm-8BL-XXjrn2F_-abPD7iX5uoOTgY_08hbic/viewform
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience