Budget car care!

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
The answer is simple... PRICE!

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I have tried a few local made products and they perform reasonable good for what you pay for. With regards to silicone in products, this has been over amplified by certain quarters trying to instill fear to push products with out silicone. Fear is a great marketing tool which many industries use and for most usage of this technique are pharmaceuticals. Whether your product does or does not contain silicone a paint shop has the proper procedure to solve these problems, these problems only occured well past in history before I was born when silicone were first invented and not know much about and used on cars and painters didn't know how to deal with it, but 50 years on all painters should have learnt by now. If it doesn't its a hopeless paint shop. Silicone is inert and doesn't have the ability to damage a properly painted car in modern paint systems like 2k which is painted and cured properly. All painters these days will know how to prep a car properly before painting to remove all wax and silicone on the car, if they don't the paint shop is a failure.
As jonlsl mentioned earlier in the thread, you indeed get reasonable good results for what you pay for.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

I wouldn't like to recommend BUDGET DIY owners to a paste wax or liquid wax because they have to buff off the residue. Take for example PG PERMAGLASS SEALANT(abrasive contains some sort of cleaner to remove oxidation if long run use get thin paint), It takes a lot of effort to buff off and must work a small section at a time. As for a spray sealant like the FORMAHERO DEEP GLOSS SILICONE SEALANT(pure sealant that's why it doesn't stain vinyl/plastic plus it protects them too also glass), owners can just simply spray and just wipe/spread the product and proceed to the next session. Due to the ease of use the BUDGET DIY owner can spray weekly since its just cost about RM20 for a 500ml spray bottle.

Of course just to highlight again, you can't compare to a hybrid spray sealant/wax like Alien Wax/Optimum Car Wax. Different category. One cost around RM20 & the other cost RM 75! Its like comparing a Proton vs Honda/Toyota/Mazda.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

i m using these before this.
good value for money...good effect.
but ONR is more simple, faster and save alot of time.dats wat i m looking for...
Another FORMAHERO user.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

After browsing through my all bookmarks, I managed to find these that I 1st heard about the sealant way back over a year. At least we can get to see the after pictures!

Honda City (Polish) | Facebook

***Not my friend's shop.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Also found a link from my bookmarks relating to Procrystal Instant Wipe (Ready to use Multi Purpose Cleaner). Can't compare the cleaning power of Alien Clean/Optimum Power Clean @ dilution 1:3 to clean leather... after all again... its just less than RM20 for 500ml! Also easily available @ most hypermarkets. Suitable for the BUDGET DIY owner with lower demand.

mybenz | mysatisfaction - Forum

Procrystal Brands (M) Sdn Bhd

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Kinda amused by the sentence "...those who DOESN'T CARE much for their car but wants a clean and shiny..."

No offense here, good thread and good to have someone to review on the easily get and affordable products. But if a dude can only afford a 2nd hand vios with only 2 meals of RM5 chicken rice everyday...I don't see much of his or her choice of products, even if he loves his car more than his mom.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
cvkit17, I do like your view. Priority should be given to those which are...err...priority first.