Bravo Malaysia !!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Ah Hing looked like many working class Malaysian Chinese, with heavy jewellery, cheap shoes and spiky hair. His minder collected tattoos
what the fux ?!?!

btw, albeit some facts in the article being true, I believe it is extremely biased.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Yup... what is reported is also true... just no one wants to admit it...

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
it doesnt matter if it is biased. The point is malaysia is a farked up country. Corrupted like hell.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Munky,
I do think you have some serious issues. If you have a problem with the government, do not vote for them in the next election. If you have a problem with the country, go migrate somewhere else. No puns intended if you think we're living in a fuckup country, why do you still leech on our resources. You only complain about the bad things about our country, but you never look at the brighter side of things. Somehow i don't understand people like you who keep complaining about things but fail to do something to rectify it. Its like people who complain how corrupted the authorities are, but fail to realise they are the ones who're feeding their greed by bribing them. Also people who complain how fuckup the national cars are, and they are the ones that are still buying it.

On BBC's extremely biased report about Malaysian gangsterism. Typical British report. The interview probably lasted 1 hour, but the smartass reporter probably extracted the most vital, most critical, most controversial 10 mins to use it in their report.

I may not be the most patriotic Malaysian. I don't stop and stand up straight when Negaraku is played, i don't go for Merdeka countdown, i don't buy many Made in Malaysia products but the least i can do is to stand up and speak up when a foreigner who knows nuts about our nations culture come bashing our country.

Come on guys, don't condemn our country. We should be proud we live in a peaceful country.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Triad or etc is not a malaysian culture. dont blame the government for this. gangster/triad is not so stupid to expose themsleves to the public. dont expect govern can smell every of them. piracy on cds? ask ourselves. even we ourselves buy it. do we report to the police when we saw one? i bet we dont. prostitute? do we report to police if we know any? no we dont, afraid will be followed by bapak ayam to our home. then who will help the police to take care of this matter?

we just keep quiet.

bcoz pirate cd is cheap and we need it.

i hate it when foreigners bashing our country too.

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
prodigy said:
Munky,
I do think you have some serious issues. If you have a problem with the government, do not vote for them in the next election. If you have a problem with the country, go migrate somewhere else. No puns intended if you think we're living in a fuckup country, why do you still leech on our resources. You only complain about the bad things about our country, but you never look at the brighter side of things. Somehow i don't understand people like you who keep complaining about things but fail to do something to rectify it. Its like people who complain how corrupted the authorities are, but fail to realise they are the ones who're feeding their greed by bribing them. Also people who complain how fuckup the national cars are, and they are the ones that are still buying it.

On BBC's extremely biased report about Malaysian gangsterism. Typical British report. The interview probably lasted 1 hour, but the smartass reporter probably extracted the most vital, most critical, most controversial 10 mins to use it in their report.

I may not be the most patriotic Malaysian. I don't stop and stand up straight when Negaraku is played, i don't go for Merdeka countdown, i don't buy many Made in Malaysia products but the least i can do is to stand up and speak up when a foreigner who knows nuts about our nations culture come bashing our country.

Come on guys, don't condemn our country. We should be proud we live in a peaceful country.
keluhuran perlembagaan
kedaulatan undang-undang
kesopananan kesusilaan
kepercayaan kepada tuhan

kesetiaan kepada raja dan negara.......

well sorry to say that some people just forget what they did during schooling days on monday morning............

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
agree with prodigy, i din bother about the national song, i don't buy or support malaysian goods, and i worship some foreign countries' culture. but heck.. i still live in malaysia..

- i can shop for oranges in the market with people of other race without getting into a fight
- i don't have to worry about my food
- i don't have worry about stray bullets flying around when i cross the street
- i can sleep well at night not worrying of motars dropping on my roof
- my house have a roof
- sommore an air-cond bedroom
- i don't get a ticket for mounting a meter on the a-pillar
- our car modification rule are not that strict..

so.. well? i'm not extremely happy, but i'm content. If you worry about those gang member, just stay away from them, dun piss them off, and dun associate yourself with them.. i don't see what's the prob anyway.

government authorities lazy at work? not effecient? i don't see much different from the US where i've read report about government worker slacking 10%-35% of their working time (8 hours work, slack 3hours)

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Cheh! :angry_smile: After reading BBC's article, its nothing. Not even a speck of dust to blind me. Its lesser than run in the mill stuff. Why do i even bother? Why make a big case out of it too? They are focussing triads and gangs. Almost every country there are gangs and triads. Even in UAE. If i made it a reason to hate malaysia just for this article, then find me a country.... a PERFECT country free of everything we hate. If anyone can't improvise or live among themselves in 1 country, just JUMP OFF a BUILDING for gods sake!

You don't need BBC to finds people like Ah Hing to find gangsterism. Just go to Petaling Street la! Haiyaaaa!!!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
There's nothing particularly wrong about that article. I don't see any reason to start a fuss over it.

Z

][zoohalee][vtec][

i also dun support our local things or the current gov of malaysia...

but if were to compare ourself

malaysia and thailand,

who do u think have more gangsterism??

malaysia and indonesia

who do u think have the highest rate or bribe??

if were to compare malaysia with where the article is written from they are even worst....because of football oso can cause riot....think about it...

basiclly theres no such thing as a crime free country in this world...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Of coz there's something wrong with that article. I don't like the fact these foreigner reporter comes to our country and probably know 0.00001% of our country's culture, go back to their beloved country and start writing inaccurate stuff about us. You must know there are millions out there who's reading the stuff at BBC and what sort of impressions they're gonna get. I don't deny the fact triad exist in Malaysia but the way the article is written, its so comical yet the implication is great.

Try reading this and let me know what have you got to say.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/country_profiles/1304569.stm

Its a real insult to me. Notice the line where they say "The communities coexist in relative harmony, although there is little racial interaction"

Also, "The Malays remain the dominant group in politics while the Indians are among the poorest."

Also, what they actually mention the stuff about Anwar and his reformation. Hello, is this a country introduction or a fucking political forum for them to raise their political agenda. They actually mention about some silly stuffs like our censorship, our 'national car' and few more petty stuff which i think i degrading us.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Well, they probably write based of what they can see or hear from the surface. Stuff that bubble up. There's usually a nice dose of salt and pepper in there as well, but hey, that's journalism for you. I don't really have a problem with it, in a way that I'm insulted or something like that. In fact, don't we make similar judgements on other nations and other people we don't really know about.

Everyone forms their opinions from what they know at a given time. Given more information, one would be able to make better judgement. Yes, being a journalist, they have a certain resposibility not to paint the wrong picture and misguide the public, but hey, that's how it works, even in Malaysia. I don't even have to go far than the recent "black metal" issue for an example.

But I agree with you that there are some unscrupulous journalists that would love more than anything to conjure lies for many a reason.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
prodigy said:
Munky,

I dont think i will vote. Perhaps with all the bashing from other countries, the government will act accordingly to punish the culprits. It's like when ppl insulted you of how fat you are, then you'll try really hard to lose weight (example). It's like a motivation. But sadly i dont think it'll work. And filing a lawsuit against the gov/authorities is like burning your own money (for lawyers etc). Confirm cannot win. Unless your father is the sultan or PM. Look wat happened to the police officer that recorded the nude squat video. Suspended. That's it as far is i know. Correct me if im wrong. And what happened to the guy on the nasha aziz case. Go to court bla bla. It's just not fair. Again i might not be correct, so correct me if im wrong. Btw i do look at the brighter side of things. It's just that i felt it could be better.

One more thing is, most malaysians (especially those middle aged ppl) are stupid. Sorry to say this but i really do think so. Listening to hardcore music is listening to black metal. Wtf ? I think even linkin park will soon be banned.

My 2 cents. Flame suit on =P

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
munky said:
I dont think i will vote. Perhaps with all the bashing from other countries, the government will act accordingly to punish the culprits. It's like when ppl insulted you of how fat you are, then you'll try really hard to lose weight (example). It's like a motivation. But sadly i dont think it'll work. And filing a lawsuit against the gov/authorities is like burning your own money (for lawyers etc). Confirm cannot win. Unless your father is the sultan or PM. Look wat happened to the police officer that recorded the nude squat video. Suspended. That's it as far is i know. Correct me if im wrong. And what happened to the guy on the nasha aziz case. Go to court bla bla. It's just not fair. Again i might not be correct, so correct me if im wrong. Btw i do look at the brighter side of things. It's just that i felt it could be better.

One more thing is, most malaysians (especially those middle aged ppl) are stupid. Sorry to say this but i really do think so. Listening to hardcore music is listening to black metal. Wtf ? I think even linkin park will soon be banned.

My 2 cents. Flame suit on =P
u think u will vote ?? so u nvr vote b4 ????
what is the meaning of "confirm u can't win the case" if ur father not a PM or sultan ??? did u try that ???
I go court defend my self when PDRM give me a unreasonable summon without any legal advice and any help ......
I walk in myself alone and argue .... guese what is the result ?? i win and the PDRM have to apoligise and force to quit his job .......
It was 12 year ago not 2006 ....

I don't think middle age ppl is stupid or dumd, if they are u won't be here .....

mysupra

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
chill la dudes... Maybe some of you guys have not yet taste what it is like to deal with a corrupt government/officer, while some of us have, we can't escape but to express our anger.
True, some of us live in peace and harmony, but some of us may not.
True, some Government officials in Malaysia is corupted, but no one said other countries are all good.
True, Malaysia have gangsters/triads/etc, so does other countries.
True, Malaysia's politicians accepts bribary, so does other politician in other countries.

We can't compare our country to other coutries. If we write some article on the bad side of Thailand/Indonesia, I think, Thais/Indonesians will also be mad and say there are other coutries that is worst.

Almost all the things that is said in the BBC article is true, we can't escape the facts, but why are we looking at this with such anger and hatred?

Have you people ever heard of constructive criticism? Those things are bad but its true. Shouldn't we as Malaysians/Governments view it as something that we need to improve? rather than just say

'ohh I'm proud to be a malaysian and live in malaysia...malaysia is fine the way it is.'

I think Munky is just trying to let all of us know that there is a sick problem in our country.

We know, some government officials is corrupted and some still sticks by rules. So let us as Malaysian do something about it.

Discussing this topic in a public forum is one way, but please, let it remain as discussion. Don't simply burn people for their ideas and views.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

had changed my front brake to VR4 2pot brake. but something happen that really freaked me out. before i tell u guys what happened, i have got a gsr halfcut in my car. so i supposed its using the servo from gsr.

while i was dragging my car, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and when i want to brake, suddenly my brake pedal seems cannot depress at all, it somehow jammed, i had to slightly depress and let go, slowly depress and let go until brake is back. the brake pedal DIDNT SINK IN, it just seems stuck. the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience