BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
a td025 looks a little scrawny.imo it really is best for kancil or kelisa turbo.

u be better off wif ihi rhf4 ballbearing. looks slightly bigger, can support 1.5 if u like....go tong turbo. got few unit left.

a td04 on a 4g15 will only start boosting at 3krpm and full boost 4krpm.

for td025 i guess 1.8krpm oledi start boost

rhf4 in between i guess....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
140db,
his is a 1.3 la bro... not 1.5. TD025 should work fine... i've driven a TD04 in a 1.3 before... the turbo lag is quite drastic.

savvyhitam,
'choi' means layan. =Þ

ky_fei,
personally... i dunno any place that does custom metal gasket.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
emanage has vtec changeover switch. you can use it to activate water pump instead of vtec.

its just a electronic switch signal.

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
i wanna ask u all something .. i driving nissan sentra b14 engine is GA16DE .. my workshop said i just bolt on turbo need to buy emanage,turbo and bla bla bla... wanna know turbo engine is it low compressor and NA engine is high compressor is it? so if 1.6 NA engine bolt on turbo will win the original 1.6 turbo engine? i just wanna compared bzos i hear if GA16DE bolt on turbo can win the sr16vvl 175hp engine... need ur all sifu help

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
normality78,
You not comparing the prices properly also... =Þ Emanage 1.6k is for BRAND NEW UNIT inclusive of fueling and ignition harness, installation and tuning. SAFC2 you can ONLY tune fueling, and a brand new unit including installation and tuning would add up to about 1.2k. (emanage without ignition harness is 1.4k including installation and tuning... if u buy the module alone is 1150 brand new).
S-ITC brand new if not mistaken can't get anymore... 2nd hand unit goes around 700 bucks. So u ownself add up the cost lah... want your turbo kit to work properly, you have to have a ignition timing controller device... to retard the timing at high end.
Emanage is cheaper than SAFC+ITC.
When N1 has 2nd hand emanage units for sale, its usually going for 1k including installation and tuning. Wouldn't that be better than spending 800 bucks on a 2nd hand SAFC ?!?

n_chun21,
You aren't comparing 2 same engines also. so of course output will be different lah.
Say you're comparing Mitsubishi 4G93 n/a and 4G93 turbo... then yeah, if u turbo kit the n/a... u'd have a much more responsive ride... but then the n/a can only boost up to 0.5 bar safely... the 4G93 turbo stock runs around 0.7 bar... so from there u already lose. =Þ And if u wanna up boost on the 4G93 n/a... u'd have to lower its compression... which by then you wouldn't be much different from the 4G93 turbo in terms of response... but in terms of power, the 4G93 turbo has stronger internals which would therefore allow higher boost than the 4G93 n/a... unless u change its internals into the 4G93 turbo internals... which by then, u're pretty much turning your 4G93 n/a into a 4G93 turbo... which if u think of it, u're probably much better off just transplanting a 4G93 turbo in the first place. =Þ

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
i know so i if ga16de + turbo fight with sr16vvl 175hp people said this engine like vtec feel can rev until 11rpm so which 1 u will choose? turbo to ga16de or just change the sr16vvl.. if bolt on turbo in ga16de just can get 140 to 160hp can boost to 0.5bar jeh... if go for sr20det now jpj not allow liau .. so i plan go for same cc but good power.. sorry la i so confuse so asking many question...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I not familiar with nissan engines... but assuming u wanna build a turbo monster... of course start with a turbo engine lah... a better base to start with... so the SR16VVL would be my choice. =Þ

Are you sure SR20DET jpj dun allow? I thought the 2-litre conversion thingy only applies to protons?

Have you ever thought of CA18DET ?? NOt too sure how that engine performs though... kekeke.

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
bzos now they said 1.6cc max go to 1.8cc that ca18det if i not wrong this engine is so old engine and the problem is this engine don't have the VTC function.. so not really plan for tat kind of engine... in my mind also plan go for sr16vvl bzos at least 175hp and if really wanna turbo then just add on the sr16vvl lo better than now the stock engine... but the 1st stage now is keep money change the adjustable... alvin24 absorber HWL adjustable good la?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
HWL i heard people comment not bad. I haven't personally tried it on my car... but sat in cars with HWL... not too bad. =Þ I'd say for the price, its good stuff. *thumbs up*. Don't think u can get better adjustables at RM1.4k for a brand new set.

Oh... so SR16VVL is an n/a engine?? Oh then I strongly suggest u go for a CA18DET instead lor... its a stock turbo engine. =Þ Confirm can take u further than an n/a engine since u're planning to turbo.
And further more... its easier to source aftermarket parts for CA18DET than the SR16VVL coz' the CA18DET is considered a performance engine... so makes like Jun, Tomei, HKS and all do produce parts for it... but I don't think u can find any parts for the SR16VVL man... =Þ

As for reliability... only 1 solition.... overhaul.

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
yup ca18det engine is turbo and is cheaper than sr16vvl i think if ca18det halfcut i can get 1.8k t0 2.2k if sr16vvl 4k to 5k... tat HWL people told me my car need about 2k for the adjustable lo... u said 1.4k ? then wat absorber u using now?

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I'm running on koni abs with kgmm springs. =Þ

Maybe nissan diff price leh? Kekeke... for protons its 1.4k for high/low adjustables.

lilvee

Known Member
Feb 21, 2005
KL
Visit site
CA18 is a very tough engine, though its old but response well for high boost set-up. The Blue Baldi GL got 2nd place on 2nd SDB and its has CA18 inside.

I heard nissan stop producing ca18 bcoz its expensive for production car and replace it with SR20... ermm

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
oh... never mind if on tat time really got money then buy the HWL adjustable... last time i got just change the sport spring rm580 then i just used 2 day jeh then sell off bzos feel like driving a horse...

ca18det is very old now i hear they replace with sr18det don't know true or not...
and i hear people said if sr20det just plug emanage can go for 300hp...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
to me, no point going for CA18DET. its really an old engine. as for your chasis, i dun think SR20DET is an issue. perhpas JPJ side only

savvyhitam

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
choi = layan... now i know. thanx man..

but then wat is gong xi fa choi? layan oso eh?

er, to make it relate to BoT, CT12 choiiiii~~~ hehehehe.... =>

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
savvyhitam said:
choi = layan... now i know. thanx man..

but then wat is gong xi fa choi? layan oso eh?

er, to make it relate to BoT, CT12 choiiiii~~~ hehehehe.... =>
No lerz... thats a different 'choi'.... the word 'choi' can be pronounced in 4 different ways, and they would be 4 different chinese characters for each with their own significant meanings. =) Same goes to every other chinese words lah.

"Gong Xi Fa Chai" is in mandarin... in cantonese it would sound more like "Gong Hey Fatt Choy" (the "choy"=layan is in cantonese... in mandarin its pronounced "chai"). U baiscally mixed both cantonese and mandarin in "going xi fa choy"... hehehehehe.

But anywayz... if u directly translate it to english... "gong hey fatt choy" it would sound funny... "gong hey" means congratulations, and "fatt choy" means prosperity.

wakakka... chinese is one of most difficult languages to learn lah. =Þ Coz' there's just too many characters to learn... unlike the english language where everything's just mixtures of A-Z, the chinese language is symbolic... a different symbol (chinese character) for every word. So how many words are there in a dictionary? Imagine having to memorize 1 symbol for every word. =Þ

And unlike english... even if u dunno what a word means, u could still read it out, and pronounce it. Chinese is symbolic... if dunno means dunno... =Þ Wonder how u gonna check dictionary for these kinda things ar?

savvyhitam

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
wah like that aa? hehehe... sorry i mixed up everything...
well, looks like BoTing a proton engine is alot easier compared to learn chinese eh....=>

but u can teach me a few rite? so that would be great enuff for me la hehehehe....
CT12 choiiiii!! =>

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask if it is still ok to drive a car if the clutch fluid level drop below MIN level? currently my fluid got only half. thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience