Boost

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
if i raise the boost level witout other mod,do i need to tune the fueling?

thanks

whitenite

Nov 14, 2003
depend on how much u raise the boost.
depend on car model, engine, etc.
say (most common), Mitsi 4G63, stock 0.7. If u raise to 0.9 -1.0 bar, it is still okay on stock (but depend also on health of engine & other parts). If u raise above this, then better watch yr fuelling.

jethrel

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
whitenite is right,

if you're having sr20 type of pump, should be okay if you have boost up to 1.5 bar but having to boost up to 2 bar and above, perhaps you might either think of getting a much more powerful pump or in some cases, dual pump system.

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
wow can boost up till 1.5 bar without any extra tuning ah?boosting above 1.0 bar,isn't it gonna wear the engine out faster if not properly maintained?sr20 is nissan silvia s13 engine rite?sorry,i'm not tht familiar with nissan's engine

wat about gsr?how much can i boost up to without shortening the engine's lifespan n without much modification?rite now i'm boosting at 0.7 bar only la,pretty standard settings la

jethrel

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Any car can boost up til 1.5 bar if you have the right stuff in your car. ;)

Like 'lan evo' said that he's having a sr20 fuel pump, which isn't really that standard at all (I'm comparing it with a Proton which is more standard :lol: )
then can lar! But depends on how you drive too, if you boost up to 1.5 bar and if you drive every freaking day pushing it to 1.5 bar, you might want to think about other parts of your car that might wear and tear easily if not mod properly (eg. engine mounting, rack, etc.)

Doesn't mean that you boost up to 1.0 bar or even 0.5 bar doesn't wear and tear your car. Like I said previously, depends on how you drive bro. ;)

Okay, for GSR engine, there's a few question you might have to answer, I'm sure you have a blowoff, but

1. How do you drive? Do you push it all the time?
2. Do you have a regular fuel pump or a mod one?
3. Do you constantly check your turbo, engine water, engine oil?

Like everything else, the more you take care of it, the less you push it to it's limit, the less wear and tear and the longer it lasts

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
yeah,i guess u're rite.really depends how often u tekan the throttle.anyway,wat car is lan evo using?he's using a sr20 fuel pump in wat car?cos i thought he was using the sr20 engine itself,tht's y i tot it was pretty standard for the pump to come with the engine la :P my mistake

for me,i don really tekan kao kao everyday la,just once in a while la.
i do check the engine oil n water regularly.but how do i check the turbo?

jethrel

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
I'm sure there are several ways in checking your turbo but for me, I suppose it's just feeling. If I feel the turbo isn't pushing me the way it's suppose to, then I suppose it's time for a check up.

Perhaps seeing the amount of time, when the turbo is in good condition, for you to push to 1 bar and test it again if it takes longer a few months later (assuming you've been pushing your car quite often)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
WAH!! Cameron King now finally you got snail car liao!! CONGRATS!! Last weekend I heard got Drag event from Ah Loy!. Organize by who ah? never heard about it also until last minute. :( if not sure go see lor. ;)

Up boost ah? Like Whitenite say lor, if small increase OK lor still can curi ayam abit. If increase alot, then I think got a couple of things to do, namely the ignition and fueling.

Assuming you are 2 litre using SR2O's 160 litre/hr pump? I think if you want to boost 1.5 bar, its not enuff. Need AT LEAST 210L wan lor (Walboro pump), injector also need to upgrade, say 550cc/min. Ignition have to retard about 15~20 degreee @WOT @ full boost. Also need to amp up the ignition firing because under heavy acceleration @ full boost, spark very susah to jump the arch. Need devices like MSD, CRANE, etc Also sumore need Management. SAFC not enuff liao, need something with more resolution. (Haltech, MOTEC, Microtech, Tetek, etc)

WOW!! another BIG project coming soon, Cameroon King is back!!

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
last time my vr4 boost 2.2bar, using 910 fuel pump rx7 injectors also tak de hal ma..no probs the car...
used for 1year plus then boring already...now car sold off but engine still tidur at home..
yeah fueling is important..and depends on what turbo u running to...
if use td04 boost 2bar i think engine no probs la..the turbo straight kong la..

dkoo

Known Member
Mar 22, 2004
all the taiko here.. can help me to answer some of this question??

now i'm using 4g61t stock .. all in stock condition..
what is the stock boost level??0.6 or 0.7??
how much is the optimun max boost for this turbo if without changing the other stock condition??

is it better recomended to plug in td05 14b or td05 16g for this engine if i just got this 2 choice?? how much the max boost the engine can support if is stock condition after changing the turbine recomended??

is it suitable to fix haltech or microtech?? or dun need at all for this engine?? coz i got read dun know which taiko said d if not really heavy modified then dun need to standalone ecu.. jsut put smthing like safc then is enuff?? is this true??
thanks for kindly answer the curious :rolleyes:

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
Ur car come out edi? I tot last week one? Neways..abt de mgmt thingy..depends on u only whether u wanna stuff in a standalone mgmt system or not..also depends on how deep ur pocket is :lol:

But since ur engine is stock now u'd be better off adding other more useful stuffs like a larger I/C or better turbine coupled with better fueling system. :) What's the use of plonking in a Haltech when ur engine is still stock with a sidemount I/C? :) It's not worth it coz u won't get the most out of the mgmt system :) juz my opinion..Joeker taiko..dun bang me ah :P

Regards;

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Joeker@Jun 2 2004, 12:19 AM
WAH!! Cameron King now finally you got snail car liao!! CONGRATS!! Last weekend I heard got Drag event from Ah Loy!. Organize by who ah? never heard about it also until last minute. :( if not sure go see lor. ;)

Up boost ah? Like Whitenite say lor, if small increase OK lor still can curi ayam abit. If increase alot, then I think got a couple of things to do, namely the ignition and fueling.

Assuming you are 2 litre using SR2O's 160 litre/hr pump? I think if you want to boost 1.5 bar, its not enuff. Need AT LEAST 210L wan lor (Walboro pump), injector also need to upgrade, say 550cc/min. Ignition have to retard about 15~20 degreee @WOT @ full boost. Also need to amp up the ignition firing because under heavy acceleration @ full boost, spark very susah to jump the arch. Need devices like MSD, CRANE, etc Also sumore need Management. SAFC not enuff liao, need something with more resolution. (Haltech, MOTEC, Microtech, Tetek, etc)

WOW!! another BIG project coming soon, Cameroon King is back!!
joe:u got com back to ipoh meh?no car la,juz asking behalf my fen.no money to buy.

about the drag.dunno which fucking idiot pukimak sohai organize.total not more than 20 car compete.mahai the road damn fucking short and narrow.fucking dangerous for spectators.turbo category won by Ipoh Tyre evo 3(TU 2000).got one kancil turbo used paper doors and rear bonnet,the rear tyres look like motorcycle tyres.the car look like (chi chat cheh) the car chinese used to burn for the dead people

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Thru personal / empirical observation & experience, SR20 fuel pump is good to boost 1 bar or slightly more. Still can sustain!!!

Another recommendation is for a RB25 / 26 fuel pump. ALL of these are still internal fuel pumps, so shud save u some problems compared to installing external ones.

Also heard from my pomen that fuel pumps shouldn't be left for idle outside the tank for too long to prevent rust / oxidisation to the pump's internals, leading to damage.

Like for example I have a mercedez benz ext. fuel pump to support my existing pump.. left too long outside now my pomen say rosak oredi coz he tried on another car. DIdn't work.