boost meter not working

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

N3T

this always happen when i leave the car in the hot day (lunch time). the needle just sticks to 0. after driving about 5 minutes, then it just working fine.. is this normal? using apexi EL..

not normal. 0 is atmosphere pressure, typically before you start the engine. Idling will be less than zero.

try to swap you boost meter with your fren la bro,if ok,then something wrong wif your engine.

where u conected to?

it hapen recently or since u instal the meter?

check the hose at intake manifold, see got suction o not...maybe conect to the wrong place or faulty meter

sifoos... in the morning or whenever it is cold ambient, the meter is fine. idling is -0.5 (aircond on) or -0.7 (aircond off). the meter just stuck to 0 in the hot day whether idling or w.o.t.. it just like the meter is dead.. but after driving for a few minutes, it will operate as usual.. i noticed this since day one..

i thought every boost meter has this syndrom.. sorry i'm a turbo noobie. will check with the shop person.. thanx for the advice..

nola...my car when start it show Negative reading......wont stuck at 0 .....when boost open then show Positive (boost reading) lo....

i used apexi EL1 and 2, hks power, sard EL, and now hks DB......all oso didnt stuck at 0 for few minutes oso.....

then my meter must be already kong, cannot stand with the heat..

i think it's the rubber hose. when i goyang-goyang the hose behind the meter, the needle jumped to negative (normal reading). that hose maybe 'kembang' while hot. maybe need to change to durable one such as silicone hose?

i think it's the rubber hose. when i goyang-goyang the hose behind the meter, the needle jumped to negative (normal reading). that hose maybe 'kembang' while hot. maybe need to change to durable one such as silicone hose?

ur case is quite simple actualy....just u didnt take action but keep on post in here.

check boost meter by swap wit another meter
check hose for condition

if not boost meter or hose problem, then ur car in big problems....

tat's all

Top Bottom