boost meter not working

N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
this always happen when i leave the car in the hot day (lunch time). the needle just sticks to 0. after driving about 5 minutes, then it just working fine.. is this normal? using apexi EL..

cHeMiCaL_

Known Member
Feb 11, 2005
not normal. 0 is atmosphere pressure, typically before you start the engine. Idling will be less than zero.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
try to swap you boost meter with your fren la bro,if ok,then something wrong wif your engine.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
where u conected to?

it hapen recently or since u instal the meter?

check the hose at intake manifold, see got suction o not...maybe conect to the wrong place or faulty meter

N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
sifoos... in the morning or whenever it is cold ambient, the meter is fine. idling is -0.5 (aircond on) or -0.7 (aircond off). the meter just stuck to 0 in the hot day whether idling or w.o.t.. it just like the meter is dead.. but after driving for a few minutes, it will operate as usual.. i noticed this since day one..

N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
i thought every boost meter has this syndrom.. sorry i'm a turbo noobie. will check with the shop person.. thanx for the advice..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
nola...my car when start it show Negative reading......wont stuck at 0 .....when boost open then show Positive (boost reading) lo....

i used apexi EL1 and 2, hks power, sard EL, and now hks DB......all oso didnt stuck at 0 for few minutes oso.....

N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
i think it's the rubber hose. when i goyang-goyang the hose behind the meter, the needle jumped to negative (normal reading). that hose maybe 'kembang' while hot. maybe need to change to durable one such as silicone hose?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i think it's the rubber hose. when i goyang-goyang the hose behind the meter, the needle jumped to negative (normal reading). that hose maybe 'kembang' while hot. maybe need to change to durable one such as silicone hose?
ur case is quite simple actualy....just u didnt take action but keep on post in here.

check boost meter by swap wit another meter
check hose for condition

if not boost meter or hose problem, then ur car in big problems....

tat's all

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...i saw euro r rear seat fit 2 perdana.just kecik sikit from the ori v6.so evo7 real seat can fit 2 perdana?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience