BMWs’ New Flagship: The Fall of the 7-Series

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

It’s much better looking if you ask me, than the 7-series that is. Though I still cant stand those gaping nostril like grills, the overall design of the Gran Turismo (that’s what it’s called) is rather striking. Designed as a “coupe” ala Mercedes CLS, Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide, the Gran Turismo is expected to be launched in 2010.

The Gran Turismo will be slotted in above BMWs’ current flagship sedan, the 7-Series. It is said to be both longer and wider than BMW’s current largest sedan, and is expected to pack either a V8 or a V12 engine. Expected to be priced around $150,000, it competes directly against the marque’s mentioned before, including Audi’s rumoured A7.

So with the introduction of the Gran Turismo as the new flagship for BMW, what is to happen to the legendary 7-series? How is it going to be slotted in the market? Will there still be a market for it in the first place? Will there be a replacement model? These questions are bound to surface when BMW introduces the Gran Turismo in 2010. I really do wonder what is going to happen to the 7.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
"I really do wonder what is going to happen to the 7."

7 Series is a cool car...but RX7 is holding the name of "THE 7".
by the way, this car uphere, is it true 2b called as Gran Turismo?quite skeptical.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
mercedes have the same line up. and mercedes dont have any problem slotting the S class even though they got that marvellous CLS.

the appeal of CLS is to different class of people. the same goes to the S class.

I dont think BMW will drop the 7. it will add that CS to the existing line up

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
somethings look goods if they are bigger, but when it comes to the huge BMW kidney grille, that is a big no-no.

The designer must have taken inspiration from pigs and bulls.

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
da last pic... is it da car made from WOOD?? :P

rusifiz

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
kl-sban
www.fgsn9.com
no, the car is made from clay.. and so does our feet.. hehehehe...

nice rear design.. but as mentioned above, I cant like the nostril-like grills.. hehehe

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007
"I really do wonder what is going to happen to the 7."

7 Series is a cool car...but RX7 is holding the name of "THE 7".
by the way, this car uphere, is it true 2b called as Gran Turismo?quite skeptical.
Doubt it'll be called the Gran Turismo, but I wont be suprised if they actually did, the 8-Series is taken, 9 or 10 series just doesn't sound right, maybe they'll call it The Shark, but yet again, Gran Turismo sounds better.

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
its still a prototype rite? The current 3 series is also not really my cup of tea and i will prefer audi A4 or benz C class for the outlook.....

The Maybach look of current S class really affect 7 series a lot. the sales of S class is surpassing 7 series in the hk/china market now.

by the way, the X6 is not bad but kinda weird to either regard it as a sport sedan or SUV....hope the handling is a sport sedan more than SUV.

albagmane

Jan 13, 2008
i tot this car is aiming on the CLS... didnt expect it to kick off the 7 series... 7 series vs S class???

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
there's already a Maserati GranTurismo so i doubt they'll use the name. And since it's BMW, i think they gonna call it with numbers as well i.e 3 series, 5 series, etc

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone recommend a place where I can balance my crank pulley?

Some part of my pulley's edge has chipped off. To balance it off, I drilled a small hole on the opposite side of that chipped part but this is just a very rough estimation. I do not know how much weight should be drilled of.

Can anyone recommend where I can balance it and how much it cost?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience