BMW E30 with SR20

iamseong

Jun 21, 2010
Dear Sifus Sifus,

I have an E30 with SR20 engine in it. I have a wee bit of problem with my meters.

The original BMW meters do not read the water temp and the odometer don't run. Apparently its due to the engine and the BMW ECU running on different voltage.

Anyone can assist or direct me to a workshop to fix this??!!

your asistance is much appreciated.

BTW, mod, is this ECU topic???!! if you think i am at the wrong section please move it. Thanks

iamseong

Jun 21, 2010
got that bro..!! wat bout odometer??!!! i don't even know my FC now wei or when to service!! i saw on youtube e30 with sr20 meters all running..!! i need that!!

jo-e34

Apr 18, 2005
seremban
where are you about.....?
theres a workshop i know who does monster mods like this.....with all standard meter running....speedo...rpm....water temp fuel gauge.......pm me if u are interested.......the condition is.....u dont chop off all your bmw wires....than he can help u...otherwise.....god knows.....

speed2horizon

Jun 4, 2006
Dear Sifus Sifus,

I have an E30 with SR20 engine in it. I have a wee bit of problem with my meters.

The original BMW meters do not read the water temp and the odometer don't run. Apparently its due to the engine and the BMW ECU running on different voltage.

BTW, mod, is this ECU topic???!! if you think i am at the wrong section please move it. Thanks
Haha... japanese car runs signal on voltage.
Continental car runs signal on Ohm... 2 differnet language... kekeke

Dear Sifus Sifus,

hey...... sounds familiar... Is your car at KK, sabah?

Adeen

Apr 28, 2006
firstly i also had the same prob with my e30 last time...
but i just installed a rev/speed meter for the speedo...
then i changed to a silvia meter...
all meters running....but wouldn't look as nice as the bmw meter lo...

Does anyone knows how to improve a car's braking power? My car uses disc brake in front and drums for the rear...rear very hard 2 convert to disc brake.. :( got any steel braided brake lines for proton or not? can proton tiara use other car's brake lines? i mean da steel braided ones designed for other cars... :shocked: