Blowoff Quick Questions

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
Hey guys...

Quick question...
I was wondering how come some cars got unique blowoff sound like turkey sound...
Remember last saturday night drift in sunway extreme park.. the Monster Volvo got very nice bov sound... and one black 180sx got snake rattle sound very nice...

Did anybody by chance know what bov he using...

Thanks...

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
hmmm but i used sheepdog before at my 3sgte but sounded like normal bov only...

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
pebbells said:
Hey guys...

Quick question...
I was wondering how come some cars got unique blowoff sound like turkey sound...
Remember last saturday night drift in sunway extreme park.. the Monster Volvo got very nice bov sound... and one black 180sx got snake rattle sound very nice...

Did anybody by chance know what bov he using...

Thanks...
The 180sx that sounded like a rattle snake doesn't have a blow-off valve. :biggrin:

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
then what sound is that if you dont mind telling me... thank you.

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
hmmm compressor surge.. back spin the turbine wheels.. not good not good...

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
tighten the blowoff spring,then u will get the sound.my blow off will not open below 0.7bar,it will open only after 0.7bar

so below 0.7bar,it will sound chiu chiu chiu
above 0.7bar will sound cishhhh!

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
you talking about what kinda blowoff valve... sheepdog.. MrNismo saying that the black 180sx making the noise from compressor surge and thats not really good for the turbine.. but i was wondering if anybody know what kinda bov the white fiber volvo using on the drift show...

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
pebbells said:
you talking about what kinda blowoff valve... sheepdog.. MrNismo saying that the black 180sx making the noise from compressor surge and thats not really good for the turbine.. but i was wondering if anybody know what kinda bov the white fiber volvo using on the drift show...
im using sheepdog,all blow off can make those noise if u tighten the spring,yes it was compresor surge sound.

pebbells

500 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
-
i'm using HKS SSQV. Type S, R and RS. Sheepdog. Apexi Twinchamber, Blitz SS, Seneca Racing, just name it all i used before... if tighten too tight it will bounce back to airfilter and causes compressor surge and compressor surge will damage your turbine in long run.. But too lose will cause leaking from bov... if normal setting will only sound like normal hows the bov sounded like... cause i did some research online about that snake ratteling sound.. some said its not the compressor surge, some said its the bov and where you place it or depends on your engine modification...

Cause my friend rex after putting a AR60 turbine with front mount intercooler with sheepdog bov the the bov itself will make a very unique sound like the volvo from the drift not compressor surge... before his modification the sheepdog just making normal chisss sound even high rev or low rev or high boos or low boost...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, there... I need info:

any suitable fuel pump for GSR? For support boost 1.0 - 1.2. Standard fuel pump cannot support maa. Except branded aftermarket like walbro, sard and mores.

thanx...:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience