Blown gearbox?

phillipbmx

Jun 29, 2015
NZ
So I was being a bit of an idiot. I was standing still and put my foot on the brake and the accelerator to bring boost on to launch. Just before i let go of the brake, something went bang and now I cant select any gear at all. It was also making a horrible grinding noise just trying to put it into park. What have I most likely blown? If it was gearbox would I still be able to select some of the gears? It wont go into reverse or anything.

Thanks in advance.

steven_323f

Known Member
Apr 11, 2010
BM,Pulau Pinang
I do this thing before and gearbox gone, hahaha.

U push to hard on it.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
too bad...cant do much...need new gearbox....

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Your gearbox is gone, that's for sure. I encountered same problem when my gearbox is blown except that it is blown due to accelerated wear and tear due to BOT, the whole gearbox just went into free gear mode. Lucky in my case I still manage to get the gears back for a short while every time I restart the car. By stop and go I managed the car to workshop and get the gearbox replaced. Time for u to get a new/recon gearbox mate.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
You can actually pull from N to D and get a quick launch when the gearbox is NEW. Of course, it has to be stock power. But Airtrek is really an old car. Most on the road is like 11-14 years old and clocking over 100K mileage easily. So the gearbox is almost time to be rebuilt. By doing a launch control, you just kill it right away.

If you want quick take offs, convert to manual and you can burn rubbers daily. :)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if GB can tahan the power output.......then maybe the rear axle might go kaput.....hahaha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
with uprated power, uprated internals.......have to make sure stopping power is available...

Instead of blown GB, lateer the TS may have issues of spongy brakes

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That's why I miss manual. With AT, I only dare to torque up until 1500rpm before I release the brakes, not like when manual can dump the clutch at 4-5k rpm.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

KUALA LUMPUR (26th November 2007) Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) is pleased to announce the export of Nissan Sentras to Indonesia with the shipment of the first batch of 136 units.

ETCM’s Executive Director, Dato Dr Ang Bon Beng, said that both ETCM and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd (NML) fully respect and embrace the spirit of AFTA and will optimise this landmark agreement towards the total benefit of Nissan’s...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience