Blacktop, Silvertop n Supercharge which one to choose?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

madrick

Known Member
Aug 19, 2005
Gombakrians
Hi all! I'm looking for SEG converted with the engine mentioned above. So now i need some help from all of you to explain to me how those engine performances, fc and care. Can somebody sort out my problems? What is the different between those three engines? Really interested in TOYOTA now! By the way if anybody wanted to sell their seg converted please PM me o.k.

Regards,

Madrick< ? >
_

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
6 speed is good. But really, if u have a 6 speed gb you would restrict yourself for spirited driving / track sprint. The gb is very rare and quite expensive. U dont wanna whack that.

I think 6 speed is suitable if u're not that rough of a driver. Otherwise, take 5 speed. Better yet, take the 4agze's monster.

madrick

Known Member
Aug 19, 2005
Gombakrians
Thanx for all your info. But how about the supercharge engine? Is it functioning same like turbo engine? Hows the FC and maintaining it? Will it be costly?
Anyway I will surely call you 4agze!

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
Supercharger n turbo? Hmm.. That question has been asked many times in zth. If you would like to know more.. u can try search maybe at General Talk or Mod Section.

Anyway, both are forced induction. Supercharger works mechanically forcing air to intake however turbo uses the exhaust to spin the turbin to force air. Both has pro's and cons. i dont wish to elaborate more. go to http://www.howstuffworks.com/ and u'll have an in depth information.

Usually SEG uses 4agze (supercharger) because 4agze is a gen of 4age so sort of a brother to 4age 20V. So it's a match. Easy.

go for 4agze's car.

madrick

Known Member
Aug 19, 2005
Gombakrians
Thanx bro sylkhannaz. U got a lot of info about toyota's engine. What car are you drivin bro?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
oh one thing, tho i have no hand on experience, both theory and testimonial from other people who own one says the 4agze do consume abit of fuel, since the boost come so early on. looking at the torque band, it will feel pretty much like an 2.2liter na engine for some family car.

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
rollakid said:
oh one thing, tho i have no hand on experience, both theory and testimonial from other people who own one says the 4agze do consume abit of fuel, since the boost come so early on. looking at the torque band, it will feel pretty much like an 2.2liter na engine for some family car.

defenately correct :shades_smile:
That why I not choosing the supercharge engine. And the teory is more power = more fuel consume.

previously i owned 2 turbo car (Kancil --> Mira L2s & ori Silvia S15), and now left 1 unit (Mira L2s) already lo, and the main reason is high fuel consume, and the second is boring with turbo sound already, and 3rd is sudden feel (when turbo kick in), 4th is high maintenance.
HAHAHAHA.... :P

Last edited:

madrick

Known Member
Aug 19, 2005
Gombakrians
I've met 4agze this evening and have a talk about his seg, he is a good man and seems to have knowledge about 4 age's. He took me for a ride in his car and show me the blacktop power. I'm very satisfied with the engine. Now I feel more confident on the blacktop engine. Hope to find one soon. Anyway, thanx for your advise guys.
LONG LIVE TOYOTA....< ^_^ >

Mazeki

500 RPM
Jan 7, 2006
BT... for top speed.. syok syok .. Cheers....

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
madrick said:
I've met 4agze this evening and have a talk about his seg, he is a good man and seems to have knowledge about 4 age's. He took me for a ride in his car and show me the blacktop power. I'm very satisfied with the engine. Now I feel more confident on the blacktop engine. Hope to find one soon. Anyway, thanx for your advise guys.
LONG LIVE TOYOTA....< ^_^ >
you sit in his car then you won't be satisfy with any other ori blacktop anymore :rofl:

madrick

Known Member
Aug 19, 2005
Gombakrians
Are U sure rollakid? He said that he only put some performance part only. (some) How come it can be a lot of different with ori blacktop? Correct me if i'm wrong.

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
Toda CAM, Toda Pulley... Perfomance ecu... tripled clutch... no spare tyre, no rear seats... no jack tools... :P

monday is dull man.. so shj buat kacau r.. :vroam:

btw all fellow sifus.. and madrick pinjam ur thread r.. i guess u might interested too...i am in a half way plan of changing my auto svt to a manual back.. and budget wise to convert auto to manual is around 1k smething de... but last week, got one mechanic boss told me that.. err.. i asked him what gearbox is that.. he say "kenot tell me" but it is from toyota de.. and price is same as normal 5 gearbox de..

what he say was gear ratio was more faster... 0_o *started berasap my brain already... whut he toking r?*... then it feels like u are handling 6 speed gearbox.. but it is a 5 speed la... u change gear very fasts.. ur rpm raise faster too... what is that? got some others gear box for corolla de meh? err..self combination of gear plate r? custom gear plate box?...

and what is short shift and quick shift r? i think i seen a quick shift before.. which is ur no need to enter that deep on your gear stick there everytime u change gear... it is more rr..ee.. nvm la.. SIFUS!~ explanation plss...

me also like quite siok now after hear that foreman say... faster change gear woh... hahahhaha!! :P nyet nyet nyet nyet....

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
most probably trd close ratio c56, or maybe he just change the final drive, dunno. but those thing cost a bomb wor.. whole set trd gearbox and final drive for my car would cost over rm10k, although still only half the price of quaife model.

short shift basically is just that your gear shifter will travel less when you change the gear, make shifting quicker, and short shift have nothing to do with shorter shifter stick :rofl: although i cannot deny that having a shorter stick will theorically shorten the travel as well (just try to grab the top of the shifter stick, then try to grab only the lower part.)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) is bringing in the Nissan Leaf into Malaysia and is very much eager to present it to the public. This serves as their formal invitation to all in order to help the general public experience the world’s first mass-produced, all-electric and zero-emission Nissan Leaf at ETCM's showroom at Jalan Kemajuan, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. When might you ask...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience