Blackoil consumption and topup question.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Boss, wanna ask ah.. I'm using chemlube 10w40. i notice that after 4000km mileage my oil dipstick shows at low. macam makan alot minyak hitam huh.

i found out that oil dipstick from low to high. the amount of oil is 1 liter. hmmm... which means another 2.5 liter underneath is for backup.

anyway, i did bought another 1liter bottle to topup. izit advisable to do like that without changeing the oil? because, alway change oil cannot tahan la.. pocket burst lo..

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
hmm... sorry, bro chinozie. i don't quite understand.

all the while i'm using 10w40. even with other brand also. from the chemlube website 20w-50 if only for cars above 200k km mileage. hmmm... i guess my car isn't that old.

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
I have this kind situation. Using Shell semi, always have to top up for long distance activity. In the end, my engine made white smoke and the clutch not functioning.

Then I check, one of the plug got oil surround it and I assumed the piston ring broken. So, I think you also need to recheck piston ring or gasket that might be the reason behind the problem.

If not, get prepare a new engine.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
wear and tear...tolerance changed...then engine oil slip through and burned inside combustion chamber... i think...ester base has a low evoperation rate

it happened to me too...changed to 20w-50...wallaaa...no problem at all...

i'll called the spoke person later...cuz i'm also eager to know why :D

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I guess its not that bad after 4000km la bro. Besides, its recommended to change engine oil every 5000km for BT. If always high-rev, 3000km must change oil already. Last time I used Sharlu 10W-30 semi-syn up to 5000km also not much oil consumption, still around the FULL level. Now trying 5W-30 Full-syn and so far still at FULL level after about 1000km.

If oil consumption is high, its usually related to piston ring (oil ring) and valve seals. Perhaps you should try 15W-30 which should lessen the oil consumption, but not so syok anymore lah.

Remember... engine oil is very very important for BT.

chinozie

Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
please do remember chemlube oil can last until 40 000 km...as stated at the bottle...

but for me...i changed it every 20 000 km... :D
5000km interval for oil filter change

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
bro prem, hahaha... 5000km kira ok la hah.. coz i also about 50% of all the time high rev. got white smoke come out. i guess it's normal. But like bro chinozie said chemlube can last until 40 000km le... so it's a bit sayang to change the oil at 5000km. and i decided to top up lo.

bro chinozie, your car oil can last until 20 000km? you using a new car rite? it won't decrease meh. hahaha...

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
wwalau eh...u dare to used the oil till 20000km!!!??? if high rev friction more... cycles of high temp and cold temp will cause the oil's mechanical properties breakdown... advisable to change oil max 10000km lor....no matter wat brand and oil...

weitak_83

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
4 aging engine, should v adopt lasting/durable lubricant OR just common quality lubricant with frequent replacements?

comments are highly appreciated.

chinozie

Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
katopunk - nope i'm using "stock" 20v engine...with 20W-50 inside...yup i do have to top-up, but not as severe when using 10w-40...

since my engine being torched for 3 years, autocross, leaving "Vtec" at highway :driver:, daily driving summore and so on...i guess there's a lot of wear and tear were done...

Do make a compression test...to check is there any wear and tear on piston rings and cylinders wear, or valve seat...

and also read this...to get a better understanding or the exhaust smoke...

Is your car smoking from the exhaust pipe?

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
i also using chemlube semi 10w-40..interval of changing is 4k
no dip in oil usage so far..always at F
so far so good

katopunk

Known Member
May 18, 2006
how the compression test can be done?
there is this pressure gauge (like the adjustable fuel pressure regulator) where you screw to the spark plug lubang. then crank your engine. it will show the result on the gauge.

normally most of the workshop got.

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm interested to try out the Chemlube. Is there anyone who can share where can I get them? I'm using Q8 currently and so far so good. But interested in Chemlube.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
Sorry to interrupt this thread, questions.
1- Why after changing from Toyota Synth Blended 10W-40 to Eneos Synth Blended 10W-40, my engine feel a bit slow, temperature all the same even on highway and use RM8-10 more?
2- Also, a bit problem changing from gear 4 to 3 compare to before even though have change new gear oil 3-4 ago, Totota LSD Gear Oil GL-5 85W-90?

toneWorks

Jun 6, 2006
How much for 20 - 50 w chemlube? Since my car got into 450km.. better to try it huh.. so long riding.. poor my SEG...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As you know black cars are a lot more prone to visible dirts and water stains, is there any special of specific brand of car polish/car wax that we can use to further enhance the shine and to repel dirts for black?

Its for my sis car and i'm actually recommending her to use Featherlite which i am using but her car is so prone to watermarks. Maybe there's something i can recommend. Anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience