Bersih 3.0

Razlan Radzi

From Facebook
Mar 1, 2012
www.facebook.com
Ok so this topic isn't about Bersih 3.0 but more about MSC Charity 2.0 which as some might know is one of the few things I'm passionate about. The last time we all got together for the sake of charity was in 2011 and with nearly half the year gone, I feel its about time we organized something to give something back to society.

I've actually been discussing with Temujin and another fellow Skyline owner/performance workshop owner who isn't on these forums but does occasionally frequent the Facebook page (Daftar Masuk | Facebook for the glamour URL otherwise just search for Malaysian Skyline Club on Facebook for those who have yet to find their way there) and we were thinking of sponsoring some teenagers from an orphanage to experience being at Sepang during an event.

Before I go any further, let me just say that my motive behind this is to encourage and inspire these boys to not just focus on finishing their SPM but instead try somehow to further their studies and this is the carrot I've chosen to motivate them. During our last event at Nur Zaharah in Janda Baik, one of the boys asked me how much my car cost. I told him that whatever it cost, if he studied hard enough he could own one perhaps even two because the difference in age between myself and some of the boys in Forms 4 and 5 isn't even a decade and I've had my GTR for nearly 5 years. Plus, as most know my family runs our own orphanage and have been doing so for 20 years and we find that boys generally work after SPM rather than further their studies so much so that we're now an all-girls orphanage as of May 2010.

Throwing ideas around, there are really only two events which are feasible for these boys to attend and that either Megalap or Saturday Night Fever. There are pros and cons to both. SNF is definitely a lot more exciting for them as an overall experience however the timing isn't ideal as I'm not sure how many administrators will allow such a late outing for those under their care. Megalap on the other hand, is about as exciting as watching paint dry if you're not actually competing. However it is during the day which not only makes it easier to monitor them but for them to take in the surroundings etc.

The only way to make the Megalap idea more viable and interesting would be if we chose a date when RCA Track Day and Megalap is held on the same day so we can make a day's outing out of it. However, we've run into some issues that I'm not sure can be overcome and that is:

Taxi Rides - It would obviously be an absolute pleasure for them to experience what its like to be a passenger around Sepang however we would need the administrator who legally is recognized as one of their guardians to sign consent forms. Also, we'd need enough Skylines actually signed up for RCA Track Day willing to give taxi rides in the first place.

Aside from that, the rest of the issues can be easily solved with money like transport to and from Sepang, food and drinks while they are there, goodies bag to take home with them, etc. So far we have commitments from Dragstar Performance, Rev-Junkies and AwesomePowered.com and I'm sure the event itself will be covered by media if publicity is an issue to anyone here.

That being said, we have yet approach the organizers nor Sepang so really nothing concrete as yet. We even considered drift events like at KL Speedcity however the night time element was what made us decide to go with an RCA/Megalap outing instead.

However, if there is an upcoming daytime drift event or something along those lines then by all means I'm sure we can all make it work. I also hope that others give their opinions and I also welcome anyone to take the lead on running/organizing this event. Just to be clear, although the guys who are thinking of hosting such an event are Skyline owners we were approaching it in our respective capacities as business owners - myself for Rev-Junkies, Akram for Dragstar and Nazli for AwesomePowered.com therefore we're really hoping for Skyline owners to come forward because technically we're actually corporate sponsors and we need the human factor meaning the real men (and women!) who make up the Malaysian Skyline Club to step-up and help make this happen.

So I open the floor to ideas, opinions and hopefully something constructive materializes and more importantly someone takes the lead on behalf of the Club. So let's hear it! :wavey:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
As discussed in the MSC FB page,

Blood Red suggested to have a gathering of Skylines as well as drifting demo/taxi rides by MrNismo.

Time suggested would be erm.. after Raya 2012?

Location suggested would be Putrajaya (wide tarmac behind the Court Complex).

Any thoughts bros?