BEAST Airbox Mod for K-Series

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Hi guys,

In case you didn't know, modifications can be made to a stock K-series airbox for better airflow and increased performance. I would know because I've just done it to my stock DC5 Type-R airbox.

The stock K-series airbox is meant to keep induction noise at a minimal, which resulted in Honda creating a design that keeps wind noise contained in the airbox. And as everyone knows....Less noise means LESS POWER...

So what the airbox mod does is open up the airbox more so your air filter gets 5 times more air...

Coupled with a K&N or Pipercross air filter...you'll achieve similar results to having a Short Ram Intake for 1/4 of the price...

The upsides to doing an airbox mod instead of opting for an open pod air filter are:

1. Retain your stock airbox without any "hole" in your engine bay.
2. Being a "sleeper" is always cooler especially when you pop the hood.
3. Improved throttle response and instant improvements in mid to high end power.
4. No heat soak. Unlike an open-pod filters, you wont be sucking up hot air from the engine bay.
5. Outperforms Short-Ram Intakes on the dyno - Proven by Hondata.
6. 2-3 hp increase on stock vehicles. 5-6 hp increase on boosted vehicles. - Also proven by Hondata

And the most important upside: IT WONT BURN A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET!

Since I've just bought a dremmel (high speed cutter) to get the mod done. I was just wondering whether any other K-Series drivers wanna get this mod done on their car. I can assure you that it'll be the cheapest and most effective mod you can do.

It doesn't void your warranty and the best thing is its 100% JPJ approved. :biggrin:

A buddy of mine suggested that since we have the dremmel, that we offer our "SERVICES" and "EXPERTISE" to other Honda drivers out there.

For a miniscule RM80, we'll do the dismantling, the measuring, the cutting, the cleaning up, and the reinstalling for you...

If anyone is interested, just give me a call at 012 235 0101 - Eugene. We can get it done over the weekend, and its basically to cover the money I spent for the dremmel.

CHEERS!

And flaming is welcome! :itsme:

Attachments

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Memorial Day Weekend; it's a feast for speed freaks. At Indy, Dario Franchitti splashed his way to an emotional win in the 500. Down NASCAR way, Casey Mears won the Coca-Cola 600 under Charlotte lights. And before most people on the West Coast had awakened, McLaren's Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton obliterated the Formula 1 competition on the streets of Monaco, sweeping the top spots on the podium.

With all that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience