BC Racing Coilover Setup...

mydaus

Oct 5, 2008
Car: Satria Neo 2007 (MT)
Previous Coilover: BC Racing V1 series.
Current Coilover: BC Racing BR (RN) Series.

Being using coilover system for more that a year already.. learn a lot about it from other forum & youtube on how to adjust the height & set the spring preload the proper way.

Last saturday i've change my coilover to BR series because my V1 series start to make squeaking noice (front).

Issues:
Adjusting height (via bodyshift) is no problem for me as I normally do it a lot with my previous V1 series.
But whats puzzled me is for my rear coilover. After certain height (adjusting for more height via bodyshift), i notice that the spring is getting compress. Before this the spring was 22cm. now 21cm. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Getting info from BC website, it stated maximum compression for BC Spring is 5mm only. where is mine is 10mm.

Izzit normal everytime adjusting height for coilover for certain height (via bodyshift) the spring pre load might change by it self?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Car: Satria Neo 2007 (MT)
Previous Coilover: BC Racing V1 series.
Current Coilover: BC Racing BR (RN) Series.

Being using coilover system for more that a year already.. learn a lot about it from other forum & youtube on how to adjust the height & set the spring preload the proper way.

Last saturday i've change my coilover to BR series because my V1 series start to make squeaking noice (front).

Issues:
Adjusting height (via bodyshift) is no problem for me as I normally do it a lot with my previous V1 series.
But whats puzzled me is for my rear coilover. After certain height (adjusting for more height via bodyshift), i notice that the spring is getting compress. Before this the spring was 22cm. now 21cm. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Getting info from BC website, it stated maximum compression for BC Spring is 5mm only. where is mine is 10mm.

Izzit normal everytime adjusting height for coilover for certain height (via bodyshift) the spring pre load might change by it self?
It's not supposed to... how did your springs start compressing if you adjust it from the lower mounts only?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Yup hope you did not adjust the wrong ring that they look identical.

As for queking sound, beware that sometime it may not be a faulty case. It could be human error while setting soft hard.

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
Hi, sorry a little off topic..

Based on your experience (since u have used both), what is the difference between V1 and BR series. Been planning to get the BC Racing coilovers but still not sure about them. Almost got the Gab SS but came across BC after further search. Hope you can share a little :)

Regards.

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
BC Racing V1 and GAB SS basically is just the same. both came from the same Bor Chuan factory in Taiwan. However BR series has thicker body shell.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
BC Racing V1 and GAB SS basically is just the same. both came from the same Bor Chuan factory in Taiwan. However BR series has thicker body shell.
The shaft and finishing is very very different. Not the same at all. Don't simply claim these things like that, very misleading.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
The shaft and finishing is very very different. Not the same at all. Don't simply claim these things like that, very misleading.
gab ss = bc racing v1. come from the same factory but different paint & finishing. borr chuan factory also produce a lot of other brands/rebrands.

bc br series and above however are probably exclusive to them.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Means BC Racing V1 doesn't have adjustable shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you mean body shift? yes, it has.

BC Racing said:
V1 Series Street and Circuit Coilover

Pillowball upper mount
Camber adjustable top mounts
Aluminium top plates
30 way adjustable damping
Adjustable spring platform
Height adjustment via bottom mount to retain full damper travel
Dust boot to protect damper seals
* some features are dependent on model

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there to all gurus, i own a satria 1.3 manual year 1997. The engine of the car is very old and worn out and i thought of modifying it. since it was always underpowered. what engine should i go for?
i heard that mivec is good and there are a few mivecs to choose from.

Which of the mivec mods are legal for a 1.3 car of mine? adn waht are the difference for the mivecs in terms or price and performance.

can i also have a rough estimate on price for each modification for installation +...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience