Bau hangus

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Last time my windscreen leaking water too, just come tiba tiba, before no leaking, & din't change windscreen before, but fix liau, take out the windscreen & sealant it agant.
Have u change or service ur air-con? At noon or hot sun dose ur air-con cool? If not it can be ur cooling coil leaking gas, the gas + a bit of the fungus at cooling coil will get strong smell too, check ur gas pressure.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
kelvin,

just curious, does the smell exist before you change your timing belt?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Daniel,
Air con venting sponge means service is needed to change the sponge as well.

To all,
If you guys car have heating function like mine then you have to beware as it uses the radiator water heat to route inside the car to heat up the air. When it started to leak it will smell funny and a little burn smell as well. When it totally leak the air con will be venting all the all hot steam from the radiator. The water in the radiator will dry up pretty fast. You can check the water level at your radiator for any sign.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Ace, I haven't change the sponge yet but the sponge had stopped flying out from the vent for some time. I think there ain't any sponge left in it.
Any idea how much the sponge costs?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
me too, sponge stop flying, hahaha.... but i change my self, curi some sponge from my fren shop but too much, the air-con hose can't goes in, hehehe, curi too much, get some out than ok, my fren saw I put so much than said ppl curi also a bit only but I dare to curi so much, this is what happen the hose can't goes in 'dai sai':cry_smile:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Daniel,
the sponge could obtain easily from any air con shop. You can follow like what Yu did. Curi some also loh. hehe

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Daniel Lee said:
Ace, I haven't change the sponge yet but the sponge had stopped flying out from the vent for some time. I think there ain't any sponge left in it.
Any idea how much the sponge costs?
only workmanship and gas-refill they will charge i believe, the sponge shouldn't cost more.

lot's of work involves.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
You only change the sponge when you service your air con coil. Save up the cost of labour

wwshyue

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
Hi guys,
i wanna thank you all on sharing all your opinion in this and sorry for the late reply.......i will send my car for checking later......i tried a few time but cannot locate the source of the bau hangus......

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Yu, thank you in advance........... hehehehe...........

Kelvin, hope you manage to solve your car's problem.
Remember to report what's the problem and how you solve it too. :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since everyone is talking about the price hike, someone posted this on my newsfeed n it is like hotcake on facebook news feed

I found this in facebook, about some super fuel

http://www.facebook.com/RahsiaEnjinPower?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

I want to know? it is legit? safe?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience