Bad Bodywork shop!!

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Guys,
I got this from another forummer from other tread. This should confirm Yu's comment earlier.

:confused_smile:

Bad Bodywork Experience - Bumifibre and Nextlevel Customz
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi guys, just want to make some comments on some bodywork problems I had with two companies.

No. 1 - Bumifibre
Somehow they love drilling into your car body! I think that's their favourite pastime. It was a shody unsmooth job. They expect that any cracks in between bumpers and the car body can be filled with cement. Just need to be sprayed to make it look smooth. I paid 3k for an okay flimsy front and back bumper (that doesn’t fit the car at all), sideskirts that don't fit the car at all, wheel arches that looks like shit.
Recommend? No!! A friend has already gone there and he said the work is shody as well!

No. 2 - Nextlevel Customz, because someone recommended it
Plan - Do the wheel arches properly again as bumifibre didn't do a good job at all with proper sideskirts
Quoted cost: 4600 with 800 as deposit, that means 3,000 wasted from Bumifibre
Estimated Timeline - 3 - 4 weeks
Comments: I sent my car there and after 4 weeks they only cut up the arches and dismantled the bumpers.
First week they claimed they were busy and last week of fasting month was already on the same week. So I understood that the 1st week nothing can be done but I am okay with that.
2nd week the car had the front arches cut up, the back arches not cut yet or altered and changed the cracked windshield. Went to visit every alternate day but nothing was done while other cars came in and went with progress on them. Mine was still sitting with no changes.
3rd week I went to see them on a weekend and they claimed they sent the car to continue with the arches at their "friend's" place. Halfway during the 3rd week got a bad feeling and just wanted to get my car back no matter what as well as I needed it to go to work.
4th week finally got the car back, they forgot to give me back the bumpers. I asked about my deposit and willing to pay for the work done so far just to be fair, i.e. the windshield and the cutting up of the old arches. Shopowner claims that whatever done should cost about 800 because I cancelled the work and they already made the arches. I asked for the arches but he could not answer.
I did notice that they prioritize on expensive cars like a Mercedes S350, BMWs and Porsches while my car just sat there.
Recommend? Only if you can pay a rich price for it. If you cannot spend so much on your car then don’t bother sending it to them.

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
I did my car front lip at Bumifibre as well. They did a SHIT job for me the first time, I need to pay for the 2nd time, make some complains, then the job looks better. I guess those workers at Bumifibre are lack of experience, don't really care about your car, and they love to drill holes.

sekkyz

Jul 31, 2006
i have the same experience too, and they like to make the bumper very low so u will go back to them when it cracks... do u guys have any nice workshop to recommend?

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
The question to look for a reliable and good bodykit shop in Klang Valley has been going on long without any answers!
Sigh...

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
theres never been any good workshop. They just aim for the money not their reputation and workmanship.

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Probably their workmanship go well with the type of car you are driving. By the way, what about those shops at Sunway? They should be quite well known for bodykit too.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
As I know bumi close shop liau, but the other son open up new shop at subang some thing call like skyline few years ago, many bumi mould move to his shop.
Still see bumi ads? what is the add?
The shop call Nitro also is bumi's son open, but not the same mother, this is what I know, maybe is not true, sorry than.....

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Yupe, I still saw bumi's advertisement on one of the local car magazine.
So this is a father-sons businesses everywhere in Sunway and Subang area izzit?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys.... where can i find honda jazz's door panel??? i mean to change to a new set of door panel...... issit possible to find at honda service centre??? or where can i find it???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience