B8 Turbo in BG 4 doors using TX3 1.8 gearbox. Is it ok? Need advice...

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hi guys,

1. Just want to know if a B8 Turbo engine in BG 4 doors use local TX3 1.8 gearbox. In terms of power, reliability is it ok?

2. What driveshaft should be use is use TX3 1.8 gearbox? Use back ori driveshaft or TX3 1.8 driveshaft?

3. If looking for LSD gearbox for B8 Turbo for BG 4 doors, which LSD gearbox/driveshaft is the best & how much it cost?

Regards...

Nov 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi there...

1. of cause you can... but tx3 gearbox have a smaller input shaft with less spline if compared with standard b8 turbo box.. and if you are willing to pay, you can ask machine shop to press the gear out of the secondary shaft.. you'll need tx3 secondary shaft and b8 turbo primary shaft. in terms of power & reliability you can use up 250bhp but it much depends on how lucky you are.
2. I'm not sure because I'm using "mazdaspeed infini familia" gearbox. you can ask another pomen..
3. the only factory option for lsd gearbox is to find the ultra-rare infini familia box... only 1500 unit in a whole world... if you have a lot of $$$ to spend just get quife lsd... will cost you around rm5k or maybe some more.

Nov 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've bought it in Kuala Terengganu 7 years ago.. it came with broken syncros & worn out gear teeth, So I've rebuilt it with another gear/parts from 4wd gearbox..the primary shaft can be swap directly but on secondary shaft you'll need to press all the gear out/in. the final result is the acceleration is superb, gear is very short but the theorical top speed is just around 210km/h.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is it very limited information that i have about 4g93t GDI.
Because its dashboard & engine with Turbo is attractive to me.

Im not require a high performance engine, 160hp Waja is enough for me.
So, 4g93t gsr is out of my consideration (because i really like the GDI dashboard)

Some forum, people say that it is worth to transplant 4g93t GDI to Waja.
But some say that spare part is expensive or rare.

Im a student who just finish study, and working now.
Im still consider about...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience