B6...problems???

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
anyone locally having crank shaft problems with B6 big manifold???...i just snapped by second one...again at the main pulley only...TU-LAN :angry: !!!...i remember reading about it somewhere in the net but ostly all experineced by people overseas...

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
KURT,
is yours a miata or the B6???...some say the B6 small manifold has the improved crank with the bigger crank nose...i haven't seen it yet so i can't confirm...however according to your article only the 91 models onwards has that crank but B6 last production was in 89/90 after which was the BPT...but i am replacing mine with a miata crankshaft which has a bigger diameter crank nose...not sure what year coz it came in an engine kosong...hope it works

Kurt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
mine is a miata 1.6 .. miata also b6 and b8 but non turbo.. but then it can used turbo b6 and b8 parts also..
the problem with the crankshaft is for miata year 89-91 only..
you bought a miata engine kosong or just the crankshaft only?

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
came in the engine kosong but physically comparing both the crank nose...the one in the miata block a lot bigger than the one from the B6...if yours is the pre 91 model i guess the B6 small manofild also has the same problem...except i havent heard of any B6T snapping any crankshaft except mine so far...

Kurt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
yeah i know there's two type.. the long block and the short block...
curious me.. why did u buy a miata engine kosong?

B6T-R

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
coz they didn't sell the crank only...had to buy the whole block...you have a spare to sell???..what do mean buy long block and short block???...or izit just a term used???...i know the compression ratios between the small and big manifold are different...but bore and stroke are the same...maybe piston offset different...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

today evening, i was chillin out at outside of my house then i saw there's a iswara LMST n a wira dueling a drag test...

then during the "competition"... i heard nearly 10 wheel spins from both cars when they change gears...

is this wheelspins good or bad? does mean their car is powerful or anything? or it is related to their clutch n accelerator timing?

sifu forumers, please explain... thz :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience