auto gear slippage

TRDi

Apr 24, 2010
eastern
Need help for this problem:
sometime when i put at drive gear,it can not immediately moving,it seem stuck then after pressing the pedal then it can move, what should i do to fix this? I have change the automatic transmission fluid regularly and the fluid level is ok.

and one more thing,the tiptronic one use torque converter or are they using clutch plate?

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
tiptronic uses torque converter. Sounds like you may need to overhaul your valvebody

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Need help for this problem:
sometime when i put at drive gear,it can not immediately moving,it seem stuck then after pressing the pedal then it can move, what should i do to fix this? I have change the automatic transmission fluid regularly and the fluid level is ok.

and one more thing,the tiptronic one use torque converter or are they using clutch plate?
I think you need to do the ATF flushing....

Probably your car being kept for long time, try flushing your ATF ....:listen:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If I am not mistaken, Altezza Auto gearbox uses Toyota T-IV ATF oil.

1. Did you use Dexron III oil in it? If yes, the oil will strip the lamination on the discs. Most likely screwed
2. Did you use Toyota WS oil in it? If yes, you might be screwed too, cause WS is not compatible with T-IV

If your problem is 1. or 2., I would advise you immediately flush everything out, replace with T-IV, and pour in a bottle of Lubegard red and pray.

TRDi

Apr 24, 2010
eastern
I did use Toyota T-IV ATF oil, so i dont think the problem is the auto fluid, maybe it is valvebody issue, going to check with workshop soon..

recently i drive uphill and stop, while the gear at 'drive', the car slide downwards that i need to pull my handbrake:hmmmm:

Attachments

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
wow whole car slide downward.. very dangerous man.. better have it check out quickly..
anyway.. i am also using the Toyota Type-IV ATF... no issues with it.