Aura G100 Engine Conversion...

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
Hi guys... Need to ask these questions for those who owned, who used to owned, who knows about charade aura g100 :regular_smile:. I want to convert my CB23 engine to a better engine.:hmmmm:

1. What type of engine that can be fitted into my aura?
2. Range of displacement is between 1.0-1.3...
3. What type of engine that has DOHC?
4. Can a passo or boon engine fit in my charade aura?:hmmmm:

Thanks...
:vroam:

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
1. What type of engine that can be fitted into my aura?
Engine code: CB70/80 >> turbo, EFI 1.0, DOHC, 12V
Engine code: HC-E >>, EFI 1.3, SOHC, 16V

2. Range of displacement is between 1.0-1.3...
Engine code: CB70/80 >> 1.0 cc
Engine code: HC-E >> 1.3 cc

3. What type of engine that has DOHC?
Engine code: CB70/80
Engine code: K3-VE2 (Daihatsu Passo/Boon , Myvi)
Engine code: K3-VET (Daihatsu YRV)

4. Can a passo or boon engine fit in my charade aura?
Require changing of the engine mounting..Else i'm not so sure

** correct me if i'm wrong guys **

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
wow! fast reply... thanks cb70.... :)

HC-E engine is from charade espri right? so easy to get spare parts right? planning to use auto tranny. If i want to use rear brake disc for my aura, what brake disc can be fitted into my aura?

Leman panau

Nov 17, 2005
Make ur perfect choice bro..

Yo bro Kruger....the best is get DETOMASO(daihatsu) and fit in...ngam2 cun!But yet u have to think how much money u should spend for the approval inspection with the abang J*..or may be u wont be able to get the approval forever on the road...!

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Agreed to leman panau...

kruger,
For the rear disc brake, if i'm not mistaken...u must get the gtti one....The brake pad design for the front & rear are different from one to another...Btw, what is "auto tranny"?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
rearbrake disc aura can use deto or gtti brake. just plug and play.
aura (G100) also got 1.3. HC-E. airbox on the right side.
espri (G200) HC-E, airbox on the left side.

cb70, auto tranny.. auto gearbox.

gream

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
to fit in the rear disk brakes..does it implies with pcd n evrything??

audetom

read while you still can
Aug 30, 2004
Selangor/KL
the best is to get 1.3 HC-E which comes from aura body...not too much work...because from my exp...i used HC-E from espri to my aura...susah skit la...the engine physically same as deto...the mountings if comes from G100 is same to CB23 aura...but if it comes from G200, no...
and the panel meter also not same...the hc-e from G200 that i used before didn't come with rpm...but the one from G100...ithink got rpm...
rear disc,
you can choose between deto or gtti one...both of them just plug and play...but...some say that gtti's one cepat rosak...true or not...don't know...i used deto rear disc...rm250 5 years back...

thanks....

Leman panau

Nov 17, 2005
$$$$...!

Kinda agrre with AUDETOM..the best result i think u better get DETO rear disc brake,dun get the gtti..wallauwei..very hard to find one nowdays,when its turn down..mmm...'hailat' la u to get the replacement part and even the DETO,base on market value(chop shop) for your info...rear disc brake rm400-rm600!installation about rm3++(depends to workshop)....so be prepare your bunch of notes!! :shocked:

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
thank you to all of you. i've come to the right place to ask questions about my daihatsu aura :)

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Maxx said:
rearbrake disc aura can use deto or gtti brake. just plug and play.
aura (G100) also got 1.3. HC-E. airbox on the right side.
espri (G200) HC-E, airbox on the left side.

cb70, auto tranny.. auto gearbox.
Thx maxx :D

Let me get this straight guy, aura disc brake can fit either gtti or deto one rite? Does the rear disc brake for aura HC-E similar to GTti? :Not_Impressed:

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
HC-E aura usually doesnt come with rear disc brakes.....gtti rear discs is kinda hard to comeby so usually ppl just plonk in the detomaso rear discs which im also using.....

HC-E from G100 chassis is sharing same moutings with G200 with CB23/HC-E/HD-E/HD-EG which is onli had 3 mountings......G100 with CB23 has 4 mounts.....that is from my experience coz i'm using aura with HC-E halfcut from G100 chassis....i had to change the mounting locations.....but my friend using Espri G200 with CB23, he doesnt need to move any of the mountings when he changed to HD-EG detomaso engine.....

maxx is right that G200 HC-E is different with G100 HC-E....they come from diff version.....G100 HC-E is slightly older version but just a little higher PS besides the diff of the throttle body.....

the G100 HC-E meter panel is slightly diff from CB23 meter as the RPM is uptil 9k and speed is up to 180kmph......plus some extra sensor icons la.....other den that same same onli.....so its easier for u to get G100 HC-E halfcut better as said by audetom.....

gream

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
thank you sifu's...wah.... y la money dont grow on trees...if got one..sure i tanam one... wah..... a lot to spend la...

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Thanks for the info anion, really useful :)
Btw, appreciate if u can post ur rear disc brake picture here as I can compare with mine....coz i'm not sure what type of my disc brake...

cateyes

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Adviseable converter to GTti 1.0T / 1.3cc

COz now cannot convert to 1.6cc.Not allowed by jpj :cry_smile:

No worries.. here got a lot of daihard geng.. such as .. Maxx.. Anion... CB70..Audetom..Gttikuning...Ya aluya and etc..

Welcome to the real world.. THE POWER TO MOVE:shakehands:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

While i am enjoying the smoothness of stock 1JZGTE VVTI, i think its time to move up the notch on the power side. Just checking on possible mods that help the CT15B spool faster for maximum pleasure.

Thanks,
Ken
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience