attitude of malaysian racers and marshalls

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Motorsports in Malaysia can get the same level like football..if these ideas to be considered.

First thing we need mass volume of people. Since Sepang F1 located far far away from KL, they ( F1 management ) can help the spectators by reducing their costs like
- free parking
- cheaper food and drinks
- toll/petrol vouchar
- free mineral drinks ( malaysianweather super duper hot )

Remember why BTSC can draw a lot of spectators ? They like CCT . Perhaps SIC can manage mini CCT every weekend using north track ( where they can see the whole drama from the grand stand )

Start you own internet TV, using the installed CCTV + in car video, so young people in IT age can see what happening there. the cost of running internet TV is not much
- http://www.videolan.org ( free & opensource )
- Microsoft Streaming Server + hardware based media converter

Proton & Perodua starts their own one make series championship. Proton can start with proton tiara cup , perodua starts with kancil 660 one make series....like what Citroen did with thier ultra famous citroen AX

A DVD for every Event..............Drag event 2005,CCT,Malaysian Super Series..well since in Malaysia is associated with rampant piracy, don't think to make money from it...but if the vcd popular like Top gear..perhaps they will come to Sepang F1 to enjoy the events there...

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
as far as i can remember, the Mini cameras are provided by the broadcast network, or it's their team's own equipment. Even in Japan for club races similar to our MSS, they buy videocams and tape it on their rollcages. SuperGT teams buy their own cameras to be exact.

one weakness about the SIC is not about the distance. secondly it's not the price of the parking or the price of the tickets. Those who went to Cub prix event and sepang drag battle will know the crowd is always there, much more compared to MSS, or Production Races like proton cup a while back. Our main weakness is the media, who did not give a care about the events happening in SIC. any newspaper lately has a big coverage on SuperGT? no rite? if an international event like SuperGT is not bothered by our mass media, what about our local events? see for yourself in all local newspapers.

Until the media gives enough coverage to bring in people, our standards will always stay stagnant, and have no choice but to reduce the cost more than ever.

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
go and rasuah every major people in Sports desk :)

Cub Prix media coverage is tremendously good, because B Harian is one of the main sponsors.

Well, I still miss BTSC days, Mat Tomyam Impreza vs Evo3 vs Jamal's fully sauped EF9 vs Jimmy Low R32

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
The crux of the problem is coz we do not see BAD NEWS BROWN flying down the Sepang straight at 350kph and brake after the 50m marker b4 turn 1.....
Lousy bai this feller.... This joker never around.
I want to see 1000hp Saga in action.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Dunno about you guys, but one of my friend said that Malaysian marshals are the best in Asia he has seen so far besides the Japanese. Chinese marshals are at the bottom of his list.
fyi, he is racing in the Asian Formula Renault.

btw, chris2000, do you drive an alfa?

angkelfake

Oct 25, 2004
bazet said:
Motorsports in Malaysia can get the same level like football..if these ideas to be considered.

First thing we need mass volume of people. Since Sepang F1 located far far away from KL, they ( F1 management ) can help the spectators by reducing their costs like
- free parking
- cheaper food and drinks
- toll/petrol vouchar
- free mineral drinks ( malaysianweather super duper hot )

Remember why BTSC can draw a lot of spectators ? They like CCT . Perhaps SIC can manage mini CCT every weekend using north track ( where they can see the whole drama from the grand stand )

Start you own internet TV, using the installed CCTV + in car video, so young people in IT age can see what happening there. the cost of running internet TV is not much
- http://www.videolan.org ( free & opensource )
- Microsoft Streaming Server + hardware based media converter

Proton & Perodua starts their own one make series championship. Proton can start with proton tiara cup , perodua starts with kancil 660 one make series....like what Citroen did with thier ultra famous citroen AX

A DVD for every Event..............Drag event 2005,CCT,Malaysian Super Series..well since in Malaysia is associated with rampant piracy, don't think to make money from it...but if the vcd popular like Top gear..perhaps they will come to Sepang F1 to enjoy the events there...
yeah.. i've to agree with u bazet, we've got to do plenty of things to ermm shall i say enchance our motorsport scene, otherwise sic will not be as hype as bt3, and i have some doubt bout our local racers, are there any kind of special training other than tech & driving stuffs, i mean something motivational and rasional thinking so that things like alexz's comments cld be minimize?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
MitonCT26 said:
as far as i can remember, the Mini cameras are provided by the broadcast network, or it's their team's own equipment. Even in Japan for club races similar to our MSS, they buy videocams and tape it on their rollcages. SuperGT teams buy their own cameras to be exact.

one weakness about the SIC is not about the distance. secondly it's not the price of the parking or the price of the tickets. Those who went to Cub prix event and sepang drag battle will know the crowd is always there, much more compared to MSS, or Production Races like proton cup a while back. Our main weakness is the media, who did not give a care about the events happening in SIC. any newspaper lately has a big coverage on SuperGT? no rite? if an international event like SuperGT is not bothered by our mass media, what about our local events? see for yourself in all local newspapers.

Until the media gives enough coverage to bring in people, our standards will always stay stagnant, and have no choice but to reduce the cost more than ever.
Yeah, I believe on board video camera are an over kill at this point of time as it will also cost alot to SIC. Even if SIC were to supply the video cam, how many racing teams in Malaysia can afford to buy proper and safe stands to secure it on the road cage. Have you guys seen how local racers secure their camera?? By merely tying them with tape and string or just some DIY metal welded to cage... The proper stands cost hundrerds and sometime even thousands...

Media?? I really think SIC media team should do much more than what it is now. I think everyone should know that media coverage sometimes don't come free. And without media coverage, no one is going to know a race is coming up next weekend too. If it is not car racing fanatic, they won't even know i guess.

Questions to ask, Why there are coverage in cub prix and drag where else so little on track racing??? If the media don't come then something should be done to invite them and do some coverage for the race weekend.. For example, Last year's MME coverage was pretty bad when compared to the previous years.. So little newspaper coverage to hype up the event before the dates. Only some write up just before the race and after that I can notice.

SIC Media team should really give it a thought about this and finding ways to improve its current status.. maybe like having some advertisement on various papers or magazines in return of proper coverage about the race, before, during and after..

When audience gets less with less and less media wanting to cover "smaller" events, eventualy the motorsport scene will suffer and die.. No audience = less exposure. Less exposure = less interested Sponsors for the participants and SIC. Less Sponsor = Less Race Participants... and it eventually dies offf.... Everything has to work hand in hand..

Only just my thoughts only.....

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
seriously when are they gonna do CCT instead of boring free running....north or south circuit it doesnt matter..

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
When we see cows flying....
Which is why i suggest we need Miton's quad CT26 to be featured in CCT. Then only will there be crowds crawling all over the place to watch in Sepang.

I'll tell u guys straight to the point. U cant expect the media to come up to u. U MUST call the media to come up and interview yourself. If no one takes the initiative they will be no coverage. Simple as that. And if u think i'm some smart aleck, trust me i've been in this crapy motorsport delima far longer than all u guys think for my age.
Well for now what we can do is just encourage more participants....

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
about the marshalls, i did not say all of them are bad, but some of them.

on saturday i saw them on the evening debriefing being grilled kaw2 on not answering calls from the control, lazy to put up flags etc... and being the worst bunch ever in the history of sic.

on the drivers... yeah there are 1 or 2 pepetual bad apples... cant we give them stiffer penalties for what they do?

on why cubprix is now more popular than MSS... lately cubprix has been addressing the grassroots question. they have introduced the wira class, and it is very popular too. now we have seen many new motorcycle stars in the making rising from the wira class. we need something like that in MSS too. maybe a one make junior touring cup with cars like savvy or myvi for youths under 23 for instance. then with a pool of young talents, they would make saloon car racing their next step up in their carrier and MSS is surely a stepping stone. then with more new blood, MSS will be more exiting and spectators will come.

just my 2cents for the betterment of malaysian motorsports....

bazet

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
CCT + One Make Class == that's what I want

One make series with minimal modification
Say a proton savvy one make race
- unmodified engine
- only allow exhaust configuration
- only allow minimal suspension settings
- minimum weight
- weight ballas for the winner on the round ( same like JGTC )

Later on we will se perodua kelisa one make race...and the sponsors will comes

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
wrc group N , and aprc dont get much airtime in malaysian tv.
but track racing is different, sepang , shah alam, batu tiga are very accessible to millions of malaysians.

yus

Jun 30, 2005
Seri Kembangan
Wow,

Thank you for standing up for the marshall. Not many people have the guts like you Miton. I have to support you. I am one of the official too in SIC.

My sector is not as bad as the course marshall. Being at their position from 6.00 am till end of the day is not easy. I don't think many people would like to do that. they even have to schedule their time for the toilet.

So far, as far as i am aware, they never receive any bad complaint form f1 or GT official. But as Miton said, 'kerana nila setitik, rosak susu sebelanga'. Not all of them is that bad. Most of them have contribute a lot to the development of motosport in the country and internationally.

H22A vtecer

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I wonder if anyone of u guys agree with me on this. Some how motorsports died and rallying in particular when it cost a fortune to import cars after the 1997 budget and organizers been abusing competition cars brought in through car net.
Oh well...

Bazet,
that idea been toyed b4. I think its so bad that this year we dont even have Proton Track Carnival and GTi races anymore.
Oh well....
I guess with cubprix the matmotor can associate their bikes to theirs and they go all over Malaysia and easily acessible to the public. Plus now they are even run in kart tracks which provides a permanent venue for them to practice on.

Hey just curious what does it takes to be a marshal in malaysia? Something that i've never thought about other than getting a AAM Marshall license.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
Somehow the name Yus is very very familiar... :D :p

Anyway, i was just saying out the facts. kesian all the marshalls who tried their best on race weekends just to let people critisize them for a few bad apples.

Victor, that you have to ask Jed David or his Dad. you can ask Pak Kassim or Doc kanna for advise as well :p :D hahhaha...