ATM machine ripped me off.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Hey I just remembered, last year, I withdrawed RM450 from an ATM machine located in a Petronas station. I was paying for a few things and I noticed that I'm RM100 short, had to put back the items. :mad:

Is it possible that the ATM machine ripped me off / technical problem? The resit shows I took RM450 and I did not open my wallet after I withdrawed the money.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Highly unlikely, but you have to remember it is still software running on a machine. So there are such possibilities. So, always check.

re_fc3s

Apr 28, 2005
the machine (irregardless of which manufacture it comes from) must run a program that is quite regulated in the banking industry in term of what check to do per function. From my knowledge, it will either dispense the correct amount or nothing at all. The newer version actually tells your on the screen that the transaction didn't go through and no changes to your balance.

During the older time, it would actually print you a receipt with some strange code and you will have to go to the teller to get your balance all adjusted back. I faced that once sometime in '98. It rarely happens but if you have it, the teller will deposit your cash no questions ask (unless she doubt your receipt is original of cause)

The probablilty of you being short change is pretty slim but not impossible. I guess it's possible that if you withdawn in very large amounts, the new 50 dollar note sometime tend to be sticking with each other and you might not notice... but that's just a possibility..

mindrunner

Known Member
Apr 14, 2005
si|verfish said:
Highly unlikely, but you have to remember it is still software running on a machine. So there are such possibilities. So, always check.
I kena before also ..... same thing petronas station .. Withdraw 200 keluar ..150. It was a maybank atm , i was using a public bank card ( meps lah ) .

Made a report to maybank , with the teller machine receipt . U need to update the public bank book and prove that you withdraw 200 at the time mentioned.

After that , it took them about a week but the 50 was eventually banked to public bank.

But make sure you report this almost immediately ...if this happens at night try to call the hotline number of you bank to lodge a report ...

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Tell me you're kidding, I withdrawed from a Maybank ATM machine at Petronas also, damn. Too bad i didnt report. Syndicate?

BTW, how to prove that you didnt use the money?

Last edited:

mindrunner

Known Member
Apr 14, 2005
ambayah said:
Tell me you're kidding, I withdrawed from a Maybank ATM machine at Petronas also, damn. Too bad i didnt report. Syndicate?

BTW, how to prove that you didnt use the money?
I usually check the cash after I withdraw it ... and then I realised that I was 50 short. So I asked the pump attendent the whereabouts of the nearest maybank and I made the report . All this took place within 30 minutes .... I guess the rule should be to report it as soon as possible ...... the longer you procastinate , the worse I guess.

ky_fei

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2004
Kay Elle
Visit site
There was once i withdraw rm50 from a petronas atm machine near Taman Bukit Maluri Kepong..the atm comes out extra 50 ! ( coz the 50 is almoz wanna tear apart old old n stick with my 50)

Guess wat i did ?

*cabut !!!! kekekeke

Hadi2Fast2Furious

Known Member
Jun 9, 2005
KL
ky_fei said:
There was once i withdraw rm50 from a petronas atm machine near Taman Bukit Maluri Kepong..the atm comes out extra 50 ! ( coz the 50 is almoz wanna tear apart old old n stick with my 50)

Guess wat i did ?

*cabut !!!! kekekeke
Hehehehe. I withdrew RM1000, came out RM1050. I also cabut la!!!!

alvinpck

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
KL
Visit site
i have withdrawn before with no money out and only receipt.

went to da bank and ask the officer and she said the receipt had a code which said no transaction has been made.

ambayah, u still keep the receipt? maybe there's a code which said the money are short of 100?

perhaps u can go back to bank and verifies it.

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Yes I did verify it, balance was out of RM450 so it did took my RM100.

If this happens to many people, bank must be making a lot out of it.

Since then, I check every single dime I withdraw.

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
yeap we all shud always check, same case also, pj petronas, withdrawn money from maybank ATM, 100 bucks short, went to made report to the nearest maybank the following day.

so, it does happen, and remember to act quick, is our money loh.

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
maybank give us a big headache lor......

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Looks like its happening to maybank ATMs only. I'm gonna try avoid it from now on. Or maybe Petronas modified somehting, who knows.

50c 5th charge even from the same bank?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car manufacturer always the "best" names to their product. The Car.

Some cars' name gives aggressive impression, wow factor, macho, performance, " R", etc such as Dodge Viper, GTR, LandRover Defender, Mazda Fighter,
Some cars' name given based on Codes -AE86, Ta22, M30,
Some cars' name given based on Acronym - NSX, MR2, GT40
Some cars' name based on word that is made-up -Mazda Bongo, Savvy, SsangYong Actyon

From your knowledge, what name of car lives up to your expectation...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience