ask for opinion....about spark plug

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
hi geng,

i just wanna to know that what type of sparkplug is most suitable to our b8 turbo engine? and can i know the price as well.

thanks for teaching of semua dai go dai go here ....

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
the standard spark plugs that can be used in B8 is NGK BCPR6ES-II. if you can't find it, NGK BKR6E-II should also not a problem. There should not be any problems if using this spark plugs as i have used them for 4 years before switching to NGK Iriway back in 2005.
and many of B8 owners uses the same spark plugs.
the price? its around rm28+/- now.

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
if u are planning to use a much better spark plugs, depends on what mods u have done to the car. plug too cold, u'll experience power lose. What ever it is, dont go below NGK 6 heat range.

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
oh....i see....thanks for ur teaching bro,LAN. thanks...

but normally how long time the plug needed to change once?

thanks .....

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
no problem bro...it is just my own experience that i would like to share with.

how long? depends. i notice a few B8 been using spark plugs from the halfcut. i dont do that. anyway, it is up to individuals.

myself, when i was using the NGK BCPR6ES-II, i'll change it every 9000km. it's not a recomendation, just to give u idea when u wanna change the plugs. better still, if u'r thinking of changing the plugs at every services of engine oil, that's much better for the engine.

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
ooo...thanks brothers here.

bro Jars, how much is the cost for the sard racing plug?
ai, honestly, i have limited budget oh.... hehe ....

ah! one more thing here, about the plug cable. wat type is suitable ah ?
hehe ....newbie here. nid to learn from dai gor daigor here....

thanks for teaching and sharing.....

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
ok .....thanks ....but, i wan to ask that, my fuel pressure regulator setted nearly 42 psi or 30kg/cm by my formen. then he said i must set this amount.

but , i wan to know izzit really ? i feel that after he set up the fuel pressure, is getting makan minyak, FC more higher than usual. izzit normal kah ?
then wat is the best pressure for our turbo engine?

thanks......

JarsOfClay

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
to what i know if you are running a standard setup you don't have to increase your fuel pressure...what boost are you running? to what i know if run above 1.0 bar thn u have to settle your fuelling...but bpt engines have a boost cut at around 0.9++ bar.correct me if im wrong sifus

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
B8t_ford,
this is what i have experienced.
when i was with vj20 turbo, i've been running 35psi of fuel pressure at 1.2bar. No problem of fuel leaning out.
playing with fuel pressure will experience in higher fuel consumption as fuel was not burnt fully and gone as wastage...this will also create carbon. but at the same time, u are actually running at a safe mod but lose of power due to rich mixture.
imagine u are running at 42psi with 0.8b/1bar boost with vj20 or vj23 together with colder plugs....u will feel a little laggish.
i know someone whose running a very big turbine in 180 but 30psi fuel pressure with the help of high flow fuel pumps & big injectors and he's running 1.5bar!

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
u want good fuel pressure at high boost? upgrade your fuel pumps. this is actually the rule of thumb. without good fuel pumps, although u set to 50psi fuel pressure, what you get is high fuel consumption at low end but during higher rpm and higher boost, u might lean out due to fuel pressure drop. more over, your injectors suffer due to the high pressure.

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
the best pressure of fuel? depends on your setup, your boost & your fuel pump. for me 35psi is good with vj20 1bar and below provided fuel pump upgraded to higher flow like walbro or rb25/rb26 etc etc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu,

currently im searching for 4G94 block to mate with my 4G93T... currently using GT2835R...

wat conrod is suitable for 4G94..wat brand of piston is best to upgrade ???

can i use evo 2.3L crankshaft ???

advice needed....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience