Apart from TCM, which workshop around KL/PJ having 'CONSULT'/Diagnose Equipment?

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
Hi All,

Just got myself an A32, 3.0 (1996) last weekend. Thinking of doing full check-up on my new ride. Thus, seeking Sifu here to advise. Apart from TCM's workshop, is there any workshops (KL/PJ Area) having the diagnose equipment?

Thank you in advance...

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
if i'm not mistaken, our A32 does not use the newer standard OBD-II, and is proprietary. even my mechanic sent mine to a friend's TCM workshop to do diagnostic for RM80

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
Ohh..thks Bro chteo for the info. Mind sharing your mechanic's address?

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
I think a lot of workshop have, but now sure what kind of diagnose ?
Just plug in by OBD plug to read & show all the error code in case there are error without show all the reading ?

Caringauto

Known Member
Nov 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have Diagnosis system for common on road car like nissan , honda , toyota and i can print out as a reference , i'm nt here to advertise , i saw this tread ppl looking for diagnosis system , so i hope i can help out this bro here , interested can contact me my location is at old klang road

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
bro CheongXP, our cefiro is not OBD standard, it's OBD-I with proprietary interface, requires different header port

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
I think a lot of workshop have, but now sure what kind of diagnose ?
Just plug in by OBD plug to read & show all the error code in case there are error without show all the reading ?
OBD Scanner lar Bro..

I have Diagnosis system for common on road car like nissan , honda , toyota and i can print out as a reference , i'm nt here to advertise , i saw this tread ppl looking for diagnosis system , so i hope i can help out this bro here , interested can contact me my location is at old klang road
That's good to hear

bro CheongXP, our cefiro is not OBD standard, it's OBD-I with proprietary interface, requires different header port
Bro Chteo...Get to know today that my mechanic who maintain my other ride do have the scanner as mentioned by Caringauto above. I've got my fatty a 'full review' today. No error code detected but as advised, need to find time and $ to get all the water hoses & power steering hose need to be changed...sudah keras + full of cracklines. Apart from that he will try to find a replacement for the hose between AFS to the square box from chop shop. The current one koyak already and the previous owner just sealed it using the black wire tape. :nurse:

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
Bro Chteo...Get to know today that my mechanic who maintain my other ride do have the scanner as mentioned by Caringauto above. I've got my fatty a 'full review' today. No error code detected but as advised, need to find time and $ to get all the water hoses & power steering hose need to be changed...sudah keras + full of cracklines. Apart from that he will try to find a replacement for the hose between AFS to the square box from chop shop. The current one koyak already and the previous owner just sealed it using the black wire tape. :nurse:
glad to know it's done..haha..my mechanic has the newer scanner that supports 300+ Conti & Jap car models, not cheap though that thing....

parts wise i think vanli in jln ipoh is not too ridiculous, but since it's full set i can feel the pain! for chop shop, my experience is that those from USJ and Klang is affordable compared to puchong...

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
Hi bro chteo & all...

Thanks for the advise!

Anyway the 'challenge' of having this ride started today. While driving in today hot sun, I suddenly spotted the temperature gauge act abnormal!.. Rose until the red level! Stopped at the Petronas and upon lifting the engine hood, hear a boiling sound and it comes from the water reservoir.....ayo overheating sudah!

Couldn't be leakaged from the hoses or the radiator cap which I hv just changed it all. Wait a while letting the engine cold off and upon removing the cap, saw still got water inside. Again I observed the water inside the reservoir, still got water. After waiting a while and top up water in the reservoir, I droves straight away to the workshop that I earlier changed the water hoses & radiator cap.

Initial checking found out that the water pump is not kaput and according to the mechanic the water pump is built-in inside the engine near the timing chain compartments and to replace that, he need to take-out the whole engine. 2 x Ayo!.. Apart from that, according to him, need to let the engine cool off completely in order to determine whether water hv entered the engine or not. 3 x Ayo!... Seems it is a bit late already (8pm), need to continue checking tomorrow...huhu

Till tomorrow....any advise for me...huhu

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
keep the car shut off and do as what the mechanic has advised...

VQ engine is very sensitive to overheating... just once sometimes is enough to wreak havoc here and there... and yes, if i'm not mistaken, the water pump is at the inner bank, so engine removal required

my mechanic fixed one overheated cefiro engine, but the engine output is just not right after that no matter what he tried after that...

but since in your case still got water, even from the reservoir, who knows maybe it's not something too drastic?

by the way, have you noticed any leakage on any hoses or the radiator itself? and did it happen after a long drive?

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
keep the car shut off and do as what the mechanic has advised...

VQ engine is very sensitive to overheating... just once sometimes is enough to wreak havoc here and there... and yes, if i'm not mistaken, the water pump is at the inner bank, so engine removal required

my mechanic fixed one overheated cefiro engine, but the engine output is just not right after that no matter what he tried after that...

but since in your case still got water, even from the reservoir, who knows maybe it's not something too drastic?

by the way, have you noticed any leakage on any hoses or the radiator itself? and did it happen after a long drive?
Yea..I've drove the car quite a distance today and thru' my/mechanic's observation, there is none (leakage from the hoses nor the radiator)

dee889

Sep 10, 2008
KL
Not that sure...but after he dismantled the thermostat and start the engine, the water was not 'push out' from the hose. That is where he arrived at water pump is not working.