Anybody faced the same problem before?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
I just changed my steering wheel. My original was 14" .. Now it's 13" (according to the sales person) ..

So the thing is, while driving, the top of the steering wheel is kinda blocking my view of the RPM meters.. I have to like lower my head abit only can see it. I mean, i can't be doing that ALL the time while driving right?

Anybody got this problem before? What are the remedies?

I'm gonna be driving to somewhere outstation soon, so i hope i can get some help here soon.. Most appreciated. :)

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Yes, but I just seldom look at the meters anayway.
Or you can consider installing some after market meters.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
The steering was poorly designed.

If you notice, most well established steering makers have wider space on the top part to allow better view of the cluster guages.

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
Yeah mine can adjust but then i already tried adjusting everything, my seat positions, the steering height.. Doesn't seem to work. Maybe coz i'm abit slightly taller. Ergh.

NOSkill said:
Yes, but I just seldom look at the meters anayway.
Or you can consider installing some after market meters.
Thanks for the reply dude. :)

Erm, how much and where can i get a Kms Meter? I don't think i need to look at the Rev Meter much.. But I would need the Kms meter.. Any suggestions?

I notice the old satrias have the Kms meter on their dashboard instead of the screen there behind the steering..

Last edited:

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
haha ..i saw this ad in a mag .. selling some sorta projector.. projects ur speed and stuff onto ur windscreen so u dont need to look down..:eek:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
haha...im also experienceing the same prob. got used to it tho. what i did was to lift the steering rack, lower my seat rest....still blocked...but somehow, i make out the rpm's...:p

cheers

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
Hwaaaa resilenthunter, serious sh*t ??? :eek: That must be cool.. But i think it costs a bomb.

bullet_nos said:
haha...im also experienceing the same prob. got used to it tho. what i did was to lift the steering rack, lower my seat rest....still blocked...but somehow, i make out the rpm's...:p

cheers
I actually lifted the steering rack to it's maximum height already.. Seat.. Don't really feel comfortable lowering it too much.. So i just sit at my comfortable position. Don't wanna stretch myself umcomfortably just to see the meter. hehehh..

Dang.. What to do..? :confused: Think i'll just get a freaking kms meter on the side of the dashboard-lah. Guess it'll look funny.. Hmm. Oh well.. :p

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
haha...yala, just get an aftermarket Tachometer...place in the middle or side of dashboard...practical ma...siap cantik lagik...hehe

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
bullet_nos said:
haha...yala, just get an aftermarket Tachometer...place in the middle or side of dashboard...practical ma...siap cantik lagik...hehe
Hahaha.. Tachometer is the Kms meter right? Hmm.. Maner bleh beli meter tu? Where is a good place to buy.. What's the price range?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
blitzkid said:
Hahaha.. Tachometer is the Kms meter right? Hmm.. Maner bleh beli meter tu? Where is a good place to buy.. What's the price range?

tachometer is the rpm meter rite???
brothers got sell many kind of this kind meters
price better go ask

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
yeah tacometer is for the RPM. But no idea why.

the speed reading is the speedometer.

buy it and mount it onto the steering. muhahahaha.

and the projector thingy is called Head Up Display, or HUD. And yeah, sure damn 9 expensive.

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hm, actually, u can get aftermarket meters over here in ZTH pretty cheap. ranges from autogauge, to swoosh, to defi...i must say, item's sold here majority way cheaper than accessory shops.

or u can get an Apex'i Rev Speed Meter (RSM) also...2nd hand around rm350-400....but so cool...depends which version also.

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
haha serious la.. the advert is in hypertune's latest issue.. first few pages..

its called HUD..head up display..
functions:
-select display to project RPM or speed.
-set up cylinders of RPM ( i think graph display o.O''?)
-set to display km/h or miles/h
-set up RPM shift (shift light?)
-set speed limiter alarm.. haha ding ding ding
-start/cancel buzzer alarm (?)
-check peak speed. <-- cool.

no idea about the price tho.. by the looks of it..shud be exp. :eek:

blitzkid said:
Hwaaaa resilenthunter, serious sh*t ??? :eek: That must be cool.. But i think it costs a bomb.

I actually lifted the steering rack to it's maximum height already.. Seat.. Don't really feel comfortable lowering it too much.. So i just sit at my comfortable position. Don't wanna stretch myself umcomfortably just to see the meter. hehehh..

Dang.. What to do..? :confused: Think i'll just get a freaking kms meter on the side of the dashboard-lah. Guess it'll look funny.. Hmm. Oh well.. :p

blitzkid

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Up ur ass fool.
ModMaestro said:
yeah tacometer is for the RPM. But no idea why.

the speed reading is the speedometer.
Actually i've been looking around the classified section in this forum but all i see are.. what, boost meters, volt, bla bla .. Rev meters.. I don't see the speedometer, or kms meter word ..
I'm not looking for the RPM / Rev meter .. I want the 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80 ++ .. THAT meter.. Hehehh. ;)

What's the other word they use for a Speedometer/Kms meter in this forum? :confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whos that billionaire?

£3bn gold yacht is world's most expensive | The Sun |News

THIS gold-plated superyacht is said to be the most expensive on the planet — worth a staggering £3BILLION...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience