Any Sportage Owner here? Can Help...

j3ff_lwh

May 10, 2006
Asking on behalf of a friend. Is there any Kia Sportage 2.0 owners here? I spotted one: 1997 (Auto) model for RM26000, is it a good buy? Can you help me to answer a few queries:

1) How is the FC? Is it good?

2) Maintenence? Is it costly and is the parts easily available and affordable?

3) How is the reliability?

4) How is the power of the car? Is it underpowered?

Note: point 1,2 and 3 is very useful as my friend just graduated, Salary below RM1800. Budget RM25000....

Last edited:

brutus

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
using a 2001 model here.
1) FC compared to sedan cars sure lose. i can get about 450KM for RM 90-95. comparable to a PV6
2)easily available and cost is not too high either
3) so far still good
4) don't think of out sprint others but it is a good drive on the the road as it provides very good view. driving perception need to change as this is a SUV.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I used to have one... but traded in for a Kia Carnival.

Performance is so-so (then again, it is a SUV). But FC is very high... I recorded 250 @ RM 80 (lowest) and 250 @ RM 80 (highest) last time. Again, it is a heavy car. Manual model will save a lot of fuel and give extra power when climbing uphill.

Hardly use the 4WD mode except climbing up a slope for Cheng Beng (pretty darn good).

RM 26k, pretty sweet deal but beware, Korean parts are DAMN expensive!

However, given a choice and limited budget, I will definately buy it again... mostly for off-road (visit site or carry large stuff).

zombie

Jul 4, 2006
Did Kia stop the production of manual versions of the Sportage?

I only see manual for 97 and before in the classifieds.

Have you gotten your ride, j3ff_lwh?

brutus

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
i dun think Kia stopped d production of manual sportage. it is juz tat d local demand 4 auto box far outweighs d manual box.
u need manual?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

19 years on and Land Rover (M) Sdn Bhd has a newer, bigger and better place to call home thats situated right next to the hustle and bustle of our very own famous/infamous Federal Highway; Jalan 219.<!--more-->After 19 years of operating from Section 13, Petaling Jaya, Land Rover...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience