Animals on the road

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Have you ever had any situation where theres a dog or cat trying to cross the road while you're driving? What happened if I hit it? Lets say I cant switch lane at that time then bang a mid-size dog. Will the car lose control? Anyone ever experience this? Just wondering cause I saw lots of these animals dead on the road.

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
if can dun hit them, they are innocent. if really cant avoid. then no choice lor.. cuz sometimes if we are in high speed, its dangerous to avoid something, ur car might loss balance.

brother u hit 1?

just applogize n pray..

facelift

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Nope, never hit them. But I saw one dog was hit. Quite a big one and theres a lot of blood on the road. Kinda scary. I wonder what happened to the car.

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
see how fast the driver drove the car, but sure will dam a little.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
hahaha i almost hit a dog for quite a few times already. Luckily every time there's no car behind so i brake kaw kaw

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
i hav an axperience when i was driving in terengganu.

i was driving my dad Odyssey at 80km/h with full load (7 ppl), then 1 cat ran across the road. I saw it, but no choice, can't avoid it, and then ---> Bang! Bang!, it hit by front tyre and rear tyre, 2 times, then terus 'kong kiao'...

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
there was once i was driving my fren's car (old-ass land cruiser, damn kao high wan) in kepong going fast and then suddenly got 3 or 4 dogs jus ran across the road. couldn't swerve left/right cos car so bloody high and the road damn narrow, i think turn turtle or masuk hutan lor if i do tat so i jam brake kao kao. fren's tayar botak until besi alredy exposed. one of the stray dogs stoned there and didn't run like the others. tayar skidding and i jus closed my eyes. when the car stopped me n my fren quickly got down from the car but couldn't c the dog. checked under the car, it was rite there with its head under its paws SAFE AND SOUND... but scared as hell la... hehe so were we but that was definitely its lucky day... and ours too haha! holy shit....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
IMHO, DO NOT make emergency lane switching or jam your brake if you saw a dag or cat jump out. Under those circumstances, you do not have sufficient time to judge whether next lane have any motorcyclist or driver. You want to hit the dog/cat or you want to harm other road user, you do the judgement.

I had the experience, I was cruising 50 - 60 KMH, a dog jump out, I jam the brake, turn the steering wheel to the other side (basic instinct), my car (WIRA) without ABS don't allow me to turn, I end up go straight all the way and hit the back side of the dog. And guess what, a Perdana at my back jam his brake and turn to the lane to avoid collision with my car.

I'm lucky that
1. the Perdana driver can react
2. there is no other car at next lane

or else my action will actually cause more damage or harm other road user. Sometime you just need to sacrify the animal.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
pity those dogs... i think the best if u see animal strolling along the road, better slow down lo... u dont know whether the animal will suddenly jump out or not...
so far i havent hit any animals yet... lucky...
but the other day on my way to yumcha, saw a snake crossing the road... and its black in colour... lucky its in he middle of the road, or else mati dilenyetkan... haha...

AshXT

Known Member
Apr 4, 2005
BlackSamurai said:
IMHO, DO NOT make emergency lane switching or jam your brake if you saw a dag or cat jump out. Under those circumstances, you do not have sufficient time to judge whether next lane have any motorcyclist or driver. You want to hit the dog/cat or you want to harm other road user, you do the judgement.

I had the experience, I was cruising 50 - 60 KMH, a dog jump out, I jam the brake, turn the steering wheel to the other side (basic instinct), my car (WIRA) without ABS don't allow me to turn, I end up go straight all the way and hit the back side of the dog. And guess what, a Perdana at my back jam his brake and turn to the lane to avoid collision with my car.

I'm lucky that
1. the Perdana driver can react
2. there is no other car at next lane

or else my action will actually cause more damage or harm other road user. Sometime you just need to sacrify the animal.
I'm kinda disagree with you in this case :frown: Both are lifes... but the driver is in a vehicle, which protects him from harm :)

... Aiya just try not to speed in urban road... like in residential area... or near to food stalls/restaurants, as wandering cats or dogs might be around...

Oh well... that's me :rolleyes:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i understand some will not agree with my point, especially pet lover.
yes, both are living create, i'm trying to says that to minimize the damage.

the thing is you need to make the call.
1. kill others road user because of an animal?
2. did the road user did something wrong that he deserved to have such accident? No, it's the fault of the pet (or pet owner), not the driver.

if the dog is killed
1. max is the owner feel sad, 6 months later he/she will get new pet
2. max is the owner may sue you, but i think you can win the case easily.

if the other is hurt or kill
1. imagine the entire family income is rely on the driver die in the accident? unless you are rich enough to take care of the family the entire life. But I doubt you will do that even if you were that rich. You will rather pay for a better lawyer.
2. Prepare for court case that may drag for many years.
3. Your driving license may get suspended.
4. You killed someone!

just my 2 cents

spanker

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Subang Jaya
i once saw a cat got run over by a bike (intentional i think). Damn thing was spraying blood from a gash near its chest/neck and was thrashing about like kena rasuk. So I think it's in a freaking lot of pain. Then a week later I saw the same cat, or what I think is the same cat, because it's got the gash around the same area. Man that thing was alive! That was 3-4 months ago, that fella still wonders about the same housing area.

Wonder how many lives it has left now...

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
last time i hit a dog and the dog survive...this because the dog stuck in my mesh grill and my bumper act like a scoop..and when i stop thecar...the dog still can walk and run..wooo damn scary and i need to pay RM60 for a new mesh grill...so drive slow when u r in the housing area or in dark places..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
DO NOT DO EMERGENCY LANE SWITCHING.......juz brake...if can stop then stop...if cannot then juz try to avoid or juz hit....

most accidents happen because driver see animal then shock..so fast fast switch lane and make the car lost control n accident happen....

i hit few times....but only one time the car is died i guess...coz tat time i drive quite fast....2nd gear tarik....cant even realize there is a cat crosing d road.....my god...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros, any recomendation to upgrade the brakes on my wira?

servo showing signs of wear and tear, just buy new?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience