air intake system

seek88destroy

May 8, 2006
can fit 2 differents brand together?? now im using hks...planing 2 put another apexi air intake ...can fit ma??? btw, does it involve the power of the engine if putting on 2 air intake??cz now im using 1.2cc nia

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
haha what u think la......the more filter the more power?

the more filter = more restriction = less power

ping5828

Jul 13, 2005
Miri,Malaysia
Haha... yeah... y u need so many air filter ??? High performance onli use 1.. different story if u'r running on twin turbo. Many doesn't mean good...

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
make a pipe direct suck air from the front of the grill without filter = most power XD.. cuz i run without filter before, now bought a filter the car less power.

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
rollakid said:
make a pipe direct suck air from the front of the grill without filter = most power XD.. cuz i run without filter before, now bought a filter the car less power.
haha sure.....sure power....but how u suck ant, sand, small stone/rock, flies, dirt, dust, water......and such straight into yout combustion?

along the road u passed......all those ant, sand, small stone/rock, flies, dirt, dust, water u can see are ROASTED and FRIED out from your rear muffler LOL this is JOKE ONLY don flame me.

prodigy

Your car is 1.2cc and you still want to fit 2 air filter. Wonder how many horses does it produce. 0.0001 HP?

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
gohkokeng said:
haha sure.....sure power....but how u suck ant, sand, small stone/rock, flies, dirt, dust, water......and such straight into yout combustion?

along the road u passed......all those ant, sand, small stone/rock, flies, dirt, dust, water u can see are ROASTED and FRIED out from your rear muffler LOL this is JOKE ONLY don flame me.
no kidding.. didn't have problem with fly or ants before, same with water.. cuz my afm pointing down.. zz

but dust is a prob.. sometime go over some construction site where the dust is everywhere i just shut off ignition let car cruise pass then start the engine like you push start a car (cuz car rolling already..)

there is one adaptor in the market to connect to air filter...

but if u use two filter.....muz use smaller size....

but i dun see any points for u to use two filter instead of one...and ur engine bay may not hv enuf space for this setup...

my 2 cent

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
rollakid said:
no kidding.. didn't have problem with fly or ants before, same with water.. cuz my afm pointing down.. zz

but dust is a prob.. sometime go over some construction site where the dust is everywhere i just shut off ignition let car cruise pass then start the engine like you push start a car (cuz car rolling already..)
lol shut down engine and restart again later? DANGEROUS dude........
just the FEMALE STOCKING to cover the mouths

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
gohkokeng said:
lol shut down engine and restart again later? DANGEROUS dude........
just the FEMALE STOCKING to cover the mouths
i tried with some clothe, but everytime when high rev the clothe got stuck inside the air flow flap then my engine running rich all the time already.. idle 1.8k rpm...

so when want to have fun just take out the clothe lor.. summore sound more garang without any filter, got that froongg froongg sound when rev XD.

but now got filter liau lar.. dun dare run all the time without filter.

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Haha..just buy those net and cover..cant avoid dust without filter. Last year i just install the trumpet and the worst haze happened in KL..but i still open trumpet for a month..hope my engine can last..hehe!!
Back to topic..can i know why u wana put 2 filters together?What make u have this thinking? Is it the manufacturer claimed from HKS can increase 5% HP and apexi can increase 6% HP..hence u can increase more?Zzzzzz...

Anyway, back to the discussion, I think the issue in hand is not how many filters can be used to beat the problem. The key to the problem is to install a quality filter that could effectively separate unwanted particles in the air at the intake system, at the same time gives max unrestricted air flow. Air filter element/material here is important.

No point putting 3 or 4 filters but they all allow dirt to go in easily right?

fritz

Jan 11, 2005
www.mrbaoz.com.my
haha..and also no point putting 3 or 4 filters ALTHOUGH they fully restricted dirt to go in easily...

helo there

im using wira 4g15 manual trans with weber dcnf 40 carb + knn air filter, powerzone cam, and powerzone 421 extractor

i need advise for the right/optimum piping size
rite now im using 2' piping, original route + 2' straight flow muffler
very hard to achieve top speed
rpm at about 5k something goes wrong
the car wont increase speed
feel like choked
have to release pedal little bit then press again then ok sikit
but then
its sucks

any opinion to increase the...