air fuel ratio regulator. is't worthy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bOnk

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
hi guys,

i've just got a used hks afr from a friend for quite good bargain..

what's playing in my mind is, is't worthy for me to install it to my car, the not so best waja?

for everybody info, i just do the minor / standard modification to it such intake system, exhaust system and other minor minor things..

maybe sifu2 out there cud explain what's the pro and con on using this thing.
from what i've usha, it required a lot of fortune just to install and tune this thing!

thanks in advance for your opinion.

bOnk

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
got lorr.. hks type L one

small2 thing you connect to ecu.

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Air fuel ratio meter, or air fuel ratio regulator? what is the purpose of this thing? Air fuel ratio meter just to read ur fuel mixing with air either it rich, lean, or insufficient of oil... usual we take from co2 sensor wire at ecu...

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
i think he refers to air/fuel meter...

theres 2 type..

1 that read voltage from ecu,

1 that comes with its own o2 sensor

bOnk

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
mine is actually a regulator.

don't show any reading, it has to be set up and will remain fix untill you do further tuning.

works/reads from air flow/co2/o2 from sensor.

the bad thing is, you have to go and tune it for torque style you want and it'll cost me a alot of fortune..

anyway, thanks for giving me the opinion. really helps noobies like me

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
bOnk said:
mine is actually a regulator.

don't show any reading, it has to be set up and will remain fix untill you do further tuning.

works/reads from air flow/co2/o2 from sensor.

the bad thing is, you have to go and tune it for torque style you want and it'll cost me a alot of fortune..

anyway, thanks for giving me the opinion. really helps noobies like me

oh that.. yeah that goes into the ECU also. the wiring i mean... u gonna need an AF meter also if u want to manually tune it.. else, send to foreman lo.... dun hv to go to sunway area la...

those ol skool foreman with a co checker also can tune for u.

i think that device is just control the voltage for the MAF sensor. MAF sensor also can be tuned manually under the bonnet. but that device u have there gives u the comfort of tuning in ur cockpit

bOnk

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
Raja_Mongkut said:
oh that.. yeah that goes into the ECU also. the wiring i mean... u gonna need an AF meter also if u want to manually tune it.. else, send to foreman lo.... dun hv to go to sunway area la...

those ol skool foreman with a co checker also can tune for u.

i think that device is just control the voltage for the MAF sensor. MAF sensor also can be tuned manually under the bonnet. but that device u have there gives u the comfort of tuning in ur cockpit
know any ol skool pomen can do this? don't want to go and simply ask then kena tipu/ketok some more ..hehhe :embaressed_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mercedes-Benz Malaysia has announced the arrival of its latest hybrid offering, the new C 350 e, a sedan that packs cutting-edge hybrid technology, superior performance and efficiency. With certified consumption figures of 2.1 litres per 100km and being locally-manufactured in Mercedes' assembly facility in Pekan, the C 350 e is granted with EEV incentives...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience