Air Filter Comparison

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RyDeL

Oct 8, 2008
I am wandering which one is the best air filter in the market. HKS, Apexi, Blitz, K & N, Greddy and others guys please share your thoughts and experiences.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
used to use

hks mushroom - suction is good but kinda need to replace the filter element every 6 months

apex'i dual funnel ram - suction is awesome but quire restrictive during top speed rum

currently using sard sport EX filter - awesome in all aspects

Last edited:

RyDeL

Oct 8, 2008
Bro,

Where to get the SARD and what car u r driving?

Supremus

Merchandise
Feb 19, 2004
method man johhny blaz, jahax the jahat, midship , and the rest of the skyline spaceman , is time to bring out our spaceship for a run... what do u suggest?

RyDeL

Oct 8, 2008
Originally Posted by JaHaX View Post
i bought it with the whole kit for my car from a tuner

im using a slow underpowered er34 only

hehehe i believe you.... but too bad we dont have many choices here in Brunei unless we go aborad to look for parts or ebayed it.

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
alright..let's go for a run remus..when??this friday night??hehehe :driver:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
There is no best air filter. It's a give and take. The Apexi/ K&N type airfilters offer the best filtration. The one that offers the least is the mesh type like the Blitz. HKS sponge type falls somewhere in between. I don't know which one offers the best flow as it is called an air filter for a reason so all reviews are done based on filtration. If you decide to choose the ones with less filtration, please bear in mind you might want to change your oil more regularly.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
yes and i do agree..... even the HKS im using had a very terrible filteration although i maintain it well.... i can still see dust inside my pipings .... i can see the apexi filters great however i never seen a bigger size b4 which suits my application of above 400whp as mentioned its quite restrictive at higher rpm...

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
method man johhny blaz, jahax the jahat, midship , and the rest of the skyline spaceman , is time to bring out our spaceship for a run... what do u suggest?
a run shall we ... but dang!!!!! i will be in spore from tmorow till saturday noon ... ahhhhhhh

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hehehe i believe you.... but too bad we dont have many choices here in Brunei unless we go aborad to look for parts or ebayed it.
give a call to one of ur preferred shops in sunway ... arrange for all the good stuffs that u wanna buy ... fly here on weekend ... buy it ... have yum chan with us .... and back to brunei ...

we are just neighbour what ... dekat je ... mai laaa ... hehe

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Yay apexi...!! Slightly out of topic... but does anyone know if Apexi is still producing all their products? a lot of their products are no longer in production, and have not been replaced with newer products.

JaHaX

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yay apexi...!! Slightly out of topic... but does anyone know if Apexi is still producing all their products? a lot of their products are no longer in production, and have not been replaced with newer products.
joe ... i stil got my apex'i dual funnel ram ... stil in perfect cond ... been using for 5 months only ... interested

RyDeL

Oct 8, 2008
give a call to one of ur preferred shops in sunway ... arrange for all the good stuffs that u wanna buy ... fly here on weekend ... buy it ... have yum chan with us .... and back to brunei ...

we are just neighbour what ... dekat je ... mai laaa ... hehe
Cool i am coming over to KL this year end pls pm me your number

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have you guys ever run your car over a plank of wood with nails on the road? Or maybe drove into an uncovered manhole?

Well here is what happened to me not long ago...

One fine morning, I was driving to work... All of a sudden, there's this tire explosion sound (Kapoop!) followed by reciprocating and repeating knocking sounds.... And my car was leaned to one side... S**t.... This has got to be tyre puncture... But what is the repeating knocking sound? You know what?

Since my office is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience