Idiot Irresponsible Creatures that Leave Dangerous Stuff on Road

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Have you guys ever run your car over a plank of wood with nails on the road? Or maybe drove into an uncovered manhole?

Well here is what happened to me not long ago...

One fine morning, I was driving to work... All of a sudden, there's this tire explosion sound (Kapoop!) followed by reciprocating and repeating knocking sounds.... And my car was leaned to one side... S**t.... This has got to be tyre puncture... But what is the repeating knocking sound? You know what?

Since my office is just about 5 minutes away, so I didn't stop but drive all the way there slowly... Right in front of my office is a tyre shop.

When I went there and got down, wth? See what I found...

Some dude left this one the road... A thick bolt puncture through the thread of my rear tyre and went inside it. It then poke its way out of the side of the tyre...

The knocking sound was the protruding bolt hitting against my rear fender chipping off paint... Like this...

Continental was RM 200 for 195/55/R15 after max discount. So there's 2 other brand... Indonesian made Barum which is a subsidiary of Continental (RM 170) and local made Spectra (RM 160). Went for Spectra as the shop said it is quieter...

Attachments

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
sorry to hear dude, that happened in sabah?

spooled

Raw V8
Sep 6, 2004
Malaysia
Visit site
Well, thats what we tax payers get for paying our taxes promptly and nothing was done to prevent such problems!

Hate to mention that I blow my tyres 3 times last 2 months due to stupid holes in the road!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, i heard a few cases of tyre being puncture by potholes. My friend was a bit unlucky and it was raining heavily at that time, with a pool of water in the middle of the road, you can't judge what is there and how deep it is. It was a manhole, his whole tyre went in...If not mistaken he got to get himself a recond ball joint or something cant remember.

Bloody thieves stole the manhole and just leave it open.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Veloc,

Sorry to hear about this.
Our place seems facing many problem nowadays.
Either from he authorities, irresponsible person & etc.
The tire price also hike for certain size...

Kindly advice where do you do the alignment?
Which can be trusted without asking to change this & that without proper reason.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Veloc,

Which can be trusted without asking to change this & that without proper reason.
Alignment? So far I haven't bring car to alignment... But i trust Hup Seng Heng Otospa la... Take it there and find the foreman named "George". He is a friend. Anything, he won't simply ask to change this or that just to earn money. He will even tell you sometimes "no need change, still can use further".

Besides that, the shop in front of my office, "Syn Jin Tyres and Batteries" does alignments. I never do alignment here but ever changed tyre... tuu.. Changes tyre when the bolt puncture my old tyre lo...

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Veloc,

Oh ya one more thing... Remember find George. Don't find the fker named Dominic or others. They will recommend you to change shit even though it still can be used. Just tell George "saya punya kawan minta saya cari kamu". No need name la I guess... Just don't let you car fall into the hands of other foreman.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Steel price going up soon .. Beware of your metals stuff around your house .. Manhole are dangerous , a person could just drop inside like what happen to my neightbour . The shit-tank cover got stolen .

jiusan

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
puncture and ended up in front of tire shop ? very lucky of you not to be in the middle of nowhere ...
not only merchants but people in the neighborhood intentionally putting planks of wood with spike to express the hate to the ' loudness' of your vehicles .
happen to where i live ...
also blocks of bricks , bumpers , paint XL size cans middle of the fast lane ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fit (Jazz) Stolen - Please Help

October 3rd 2005,

it was a sad occasion for us in the jazz fit friends club (jffc) to find out that one of our members had got hijacked of her car. the incident happened around the Kepong area when a waja hit her car and three chineses guys came out to hijack it. on the bright side, she wasn't hurt. this happened around 11.30pm.

we at jffc would appreciate it if you zth-ians can help out.

here's the details of the car:
blue fit WLW 1219 with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience