Air Cond Bubbling Noise

V!PER

Feb 27, 2008
Hei Guys,

You've probably discussed this topic before but I coundnt find it anyway there seems to be a bubbling noise whenever i turn on the air-cond. I'm trying to find a quick fix to it without sending it to the mechanic. It's really getting very annoying.

Any of u guys encounter it before?? Any advice??

Thanks in advance...

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
u need to send to a mechanic to clear those dirty & rusty water out.

There is a flow-in & flow-out pipe circulating hot water into your air-cond so u will have hot air.

V!PER

Feb 27, 2008
Are you talking bout the radiator water??

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
do u mean whenever u on ur aircond, it will produce a kind of sound? izit?

V!PER

Feb 27, 2008
Yes you're right...whenever i adjust the air con to hottest the bubbling noise will go away however if i adjust it to cooler temp it'll come back...sigh....

The noise comes out from the passenger side..right below the compartment box...(Somewhere there ler!! Hard to describe)....

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
that is the symptom. just flush it out and add back water to the radiator.

its also like something rolling to the passenger side right?

Or go TRIAL...he did a couple of altezzas

clipguy

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
had similar prroblems before, read in some other forum u can rectify it yourself.
basically u need to drive ur car up an incline with the hood higher then the back and fill up your rad, till u see bubbles and let them settle. start the car and let it bubble somemore and continue to fill with water till its full. this is to get the air out of the water cooling system. as air is lighter then water and when hot tends to bubble up wards towards the highest point.
errrr hope you understand what im trying to say here. if all else fail try reading club lexus forums. i think i saw it somewhere there.

matkeith

Oct 2, 2007
I am having similar problem and had tried bleeding the radiator and refill with distill water and also change the cooling/heating coil (behind the centre dashboard). However, the "boiling water" symptom still persist. To my understanding, Altezza is using a coolant reservior which collect overflow coolant from a pipe near the radiator cap. There is a pipe on top of this reservior tank which allow air from the coolant to escape. Would like to solve this problem too. :mad:

V!PER

Feb 27, 2008
Guys,

Apparently for a quick fix u can take out the wire controlling the temp for the air con. It will eliminate the noise however you will be stuck with one temp only (According to the temp of the air con while you remove the wire).

So far the bubbling noise is gone but i'm stuck with one temp only....will still need to get it fix!!...at least i manage to get that annoying noise to go away for the time being...

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
i had this problem once.,.. i did the same as what explained by porosaki bro... so far until now no sound anymore.. that was like almost 3 years ago...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s almost time for BMW’s latest M toy to make its debut under the spotlight of the world and according to reports, it’s going to be available with only a manual transmission. Before you go about cashing in your EPF for what could arguably be the most exciting M model in years, you’d need to also know that only 2,700 units will be made for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience