AE92 anti-roll specs, anyone knows?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Hi guys, i'm looking for info regarding the stock AE92 anti-roll bars. Can't really seem to find thru google, well... anyone knows what's the stock size for the front and rear anti-roll bars? And also, if there's any difference between the cars equipped with a 4A-GE and 4A-GZE?

And lastly, anyone got "lubang" for stock AE92 front ARB? Thanks! :regular_smile:

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
front : 23mm
rear : 14mm

all local model SE comes with the above ARB size. if u can't find aftermarket ARB such as TRD or GAB, then change to JDM AE92 front lower arm set that comes with ARB still attached, crossmember inclusive. It is bigger in diameter and better quality bush. No difference between 4AGE / 4AGZE AE92.

For the rear, you can opt for Ultra Racing, 19mm. same size with TRD, but of different material and weight. With these 2, it'll make helluva difference to your ride....

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Now i'm actually have a GAB front 26(or was it 27)mm unit, and the rear is a somewhat stock AE92 ones, not sure if it's stock local ARB or JDM spec ones, but i measured using a caliper, it's 15mm, does the rear unit comes in different size for local spec and JDM spec ones?

Was thinking of downgrading the front unit to the original size to match, it's understeering quite a bit now.

What's the size of the JDM front ones? By saying changing to the JDM AE92 ones, it's a complete set that comes with both lower arms, anti-roll bar and crossmember piece? Roughly how much would it cost?

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
your rear is local ARB. since you have your front GAB, then you should get 19mm for your rear instead of downgrading your front unit. I bet lotsa ppl will scramble for tat should you decide to sell it off. A set of good adjustable, 2" front camber & good tyres can play a part in reducing your understeer.

JDM front around 25mm i think. rear i dunno.. haven see a complete rearcut of ae92 before. the front set cost not more than $300.

mcfurby

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2005
erm...i heard someone got TRD ARB....
hahahah limited edition...booked before ppl sell the car....
am i right?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Hm.. ain't too exactly sure about whether my rear ARB is local or the JDM one, but i used caliper to measure various parts on the bar still 15mm and not 14mm :confused_smile:

Just double checked and my front G|A|B ARB is 26mm, the rear is 15mm. I actually have the TRD rear ARB, which is roughly 19mm, but have yet to install, as a sifu once quoted that it'll be best not to mix and match the anti-roll bar brands, so adviced to get stock setup ARB and use PU D-bush instead, that way, it'll still have improved performance but using less $$$

So... what's the advice now? To source for a JDM AE92 front set or just install the frigging TRD rear ARB?

I do have plans to sell the car soon(for a newer Corolla) so ain't really keen on spending too much. :Not_Impressed:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Hm... anyone can help on this? Or anyone has the stock 23mm front ARB for sale? :_:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
I doubt the EE90/AE92's ARB is the same as the AE86's ones, especially when both ain't exactly from the same drivetrain(one FF, one FR), the KE70's ARB is the same as the AE86's one though.

Anyway, back to my topic, anyone who has extra EE90/AE92 stock front ARB to let go? :regular_smile:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Am still looking for AE92 front ARB size 23mm or 24mm. Let me know, thanks!