AE86 really that good of a drift car??

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
whenever saw this drift king (keiichi tsuchiya)
he always praise AE86...

during 'drift bible',
during press conference.. etc etc...

he always said :

"toyota dosent make cars like this anymore"
"this is the BEST car to learn drifting"
"AE86 is the best drift car"
" how deep is your drift skills, it will all shown when u drift with AE86"

etc .. etc

so AE86 so nice???
really that nice?

any 86 driver here?
can share your opinion?

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
it has been said and proved... what else you like to know? if not, just buy an AE86 and drift for yourself, then compare... is the best way... :lol:

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
i'm sure toyota is the best.. hehehehe i personally owns two but one with nissan engine hehehehe shit... hehe

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
yeah .. equal horsepower with light body weight with fr drivetrain makes it a better car for drift ... without using turbo or supercharging engine ...;) ... also the steering is big and better hanling for the hands to hold ..;) i've tried my frens ae86 brown colour fromklang b4 ;)

cheers !

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
Isn't one of the reasons he likes it because you can drift AE86 "pedal to metal"??? With a turbocharged car like S13 or RX7, you will spin if apply too much power.

No matter what sort of race / event you are in, pedal to metal is always fun!!!!

izadm

Known Member
May 31, 2004
as an 86 owner, i can defintly say its one of the most fun cars i have driven..whther at track or street..its one difficult car to master..aha..having driven an owning other sportscars..i can say honestly say that this little monster honestly deserves all the credit it gets..thumbs up

time2drift

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Visit site
if the drift king himself says it's 'the' car, then it is the car. he's the best driver ever, i think. but i agree with him too, toyota make a very good cars. even in the early days.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oic......
now i understand more why it is so great....

anyway.. too bad the cartoon makes the car expensive..
if not i could own one too
and learn drifting in the way the king learns it...

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
I suppose its a car which u need a lot of driver input to make it dance.. Best served in its RAW form.. lightweight.. underpowered.. no tricky suspension.. trailing arm?? Which makes it a car that the driver is very much an active recipient in the car compared to being a more passive item in cars these days.. driver aids and gimmicks.. But if ur talkin bout being an easy car to learn drifting, I doubt so.. Silvias and 180s will b better with the longer wheelbase and higher polar moment of inertial. And.. moer poweR!!

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
i would say the 86 is a better overall car than a drift car...

don't mean cannot drift, but its a bitch to learn. due to low power and short wheelbase, it can't hold the drifts for very long, but that adds to the challenge. steering work has to be fast, and you've gotta feel the car and direction of drifting... can't really think about it then try to do it. by that time spin already.... :lol:

its what i would call a starter/basic race car, no frills, no electronic assitance of any kind. but it will help you improve other disciplines, like gymkhana and track... not just drifting/rallying.

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
i just love to see keiichi tsuchiya flooring his accelerator to max at corners while drifting... damn!! i want AE86 as well, probably next year...

other car, mmmm.... psst...mmm... psssttttt a lot of kentut sound hahaha... :lol:

anyway, it is depends on individual la... some prefer AE86 and some prefer 180sx/s13/s14/s15/A31... some prefer RX-7 FC/FD (but maintenance damn expensive)

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
its just HIS personal preference, altho with considerable backing facts.. but still,

its HIS OWN personal preference.. he happens to like the 86...

dont always judge 100% when a celebrity says it. take everything with a pinch of salt. what u have done is just that my friend, posting this topic will set u in the right direction :)

the 86 is a learner's car.. for drifting it just so HAPPENS that keiichi thinks its the best, but that doesnt mean it IS the best. diff people diff skills and diff taste. dont simply believe or follow what others say without some investigation. 1 point for you my friend ;)

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
i think keiichi wants to say.. 'it's all about balance'
his car is not gila gila power , if im not mistaken, his hachiroku is only 165hp
but it is lightweight front engined, rear wheel drive that makes it great.

drifting starts when he is racing (during his racing days) in his ae86 in wet conditions by accidentally controlling the car when it oversteers...and later he thought that..kinda stylo..hehe

read it somewhere in the net ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

Just to warn you all, my Gen 2 rims and tires got stolen while being parked opposite the Subang Driving Range.. but only 2 pcs, fr and rr on the passenger's side.. Time betweeen 7.30 pm ~ 9 pm...

While making a police report at the Subang police station, found out yesterday itself 4 cases of stolen rims. Mainly at SS18..

So I would advise anybody parking around Subang and staying around there to take precautions.... The Rimming Gang are around...!!! Farkers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience