AE111 2 pot caliper - add weight???

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
All,
Let me share some insight, as i believe i changes my pads more than anyone i know around me. Kiasu driver here, i brake hard and pussy on the accelerator.

Previous twin pot (AE111) with Project U SCR
1. Yes the normal brake pads is easy to source, but not adequate in braking power for my usage
2. Endless SSS (Cheetah in the blue box), good and solid feel - forget where / who i get it from, lasted 3 short race
3. Unable to order back the same Endless due to EOL or no demand in malaysia, switch to SPK HD Kai by Project U (N1 Racing) - temperature rated 500c and yes this has a slight better feel and it is not easy to distinguish this or the endless is better. Brake fade is nearly impossible for this set. Manage to use 2 sets of this pads within a year and there isn't a 3rd one to order anymore.

Waited for 3 months and i didn't participate in any event due to 'No brake pads' . What a lame excuse!

Now : VR4 twin pot with EBC SGD rotor
EBC DDX Bluestuff : best pads i ever use up to date, starting temperature 0c. -ve side is on the rotor. 2 short race, 2-3mm of the rotor is gone. Didn't experience brake fade at all.
EBC Greenstuff: this is on my spare car with the same caliper conversion. Cracked after 2 track days. Louzy pads!
EBC Redstuff: replacement for the greenie. Ok, better with the same respond as the Blue stuff. I classify this as cheap and good without complain.

well, that is my journey. Since now with Vr4 calipers, any pads i want i can just walk in and buy without the worry of 'No stock'. Bear in mind, there is a slight weight increase over the Ae111 calipers it really affect a little. The car has a little understeer effect 'Only if you can feel it with street tires'.

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
it's all in the usage...
for me the 2pot does not really effect the handling...
so far tried EBC Greenstuff but only last 6 months...
now only using Bendix Titanium; but with some groove on the rotor...:biggrin:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
im using rvr~evo 3 twinport >1yr, weight issue?? No....even wif ori brake pad.....gud enough for dairy use......never try bfo 4port.....any1 can share the different.......thks alot

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Toyota's twin pot caliper is a 'Real Pain in the ASS' . Try to get a performance brake pads, and you will understand why i mention my earlier phrase.

If you really need more braking force, just spend slightly more for the VR4 caliper & rotor. The pads are easier to source, and there is many choices you can make do with. My AE111 twin pot with Project U rotors just lying there without the pads. Fed up!
No feel on any differences on handling n weight issue...
slightly affect my friend as later braking than the past,
which scared them sometimes... :thefinger:

km_chew:
as i know Mintye and Ferodo has brake pad for our twin-pot calipers,
there's another 1 or 2 brands which i forget,
our caliper size is so special that the sellers straight know is for Levin once see the shape...
Bro, y not look for our lobang king-Mr.AE101 Ivan Wong for performance brake pads, parts & etc...? :driver:

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Bro, y not look for our lobang king-Mr.AE101 Ivan Wong for performance brake pads, parts & etc...? :driver:
Bad experience back 4-5 yrs dealing with someone that name as well @ Ipoh. Not sure if the same guy. :banghead:

Learn a few lessons the hard way, now I'm a very simple person. As long as the parts is purchase-able, order-able in performance shop @ Sunway, so be it. If it is not, i'll just need to do some online @ the states and order it back with kastam clearance.

'Willing buyer, willing seller'. Can't afford to get one, save and wait.
Save and wait lead you nowhere and still not affordable, earn more then.
Can't earn more? Limitation is between the keyboard and the chair. :idea: