Achilles ATR Sport

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Achilles ATR sport and Kumho KU31 which one is better?
If KU31 was from Korea, like in the past, I can vouch that it is better, but now Made in Vietnam, I don't have much feedback on it, so dare not say......:rolleyes:

matkela

Jul 13, 2009
Using achilles atr sport 215/50/17 for 20k km for about 1 year thus far. No problems so far

Roger89

Known Member
Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
195/55/15 @ RM165 bought at Danau Kota..

The thread design is suppose good for expelling water.. I never aquaplane b4 though..

vr2turbo, have u tried these tyres before?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
195/55/15 @ RM165 bought at Danau Kota..

The thread design is suppose good for expelling water.. I never aquaplane b4 though..

vr2turbo, have u tried these tyres before?
Nope, have not tried them, but friends have used and have feedback from them.
Yes the pattern design looks good to channel out water so aquaplaning resistance is good, but for traction you rely on the rubber compound

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Been 1 month + on Achilles ATR Spt 215 45 17, so far so good and in fact lately been raining, best time to try aquaplanning and true enough no complaint but today tried fast cornering @ 90 km/h, felt a bit slide....but i didnt put my leg on the pedal, so was practically rolling with no traction, but i only changes front new tyres, rear remain my good old Dunlop SP Sport.... so far my average journey from home to work and back took about 40 km, so i have tested the tyre, its above average...of course my prev donut is Falken 912, when new its seduce you to push for speed, but Achilles is not bad either...Overall ATR Sport is recommended on a budget....if tight budget, can try Zeta or Mayrun.....if you have spare budget can try Nexxen...but i still feel that some branded ones are overrated....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Been 1 month + on Achilles ATR Spt 215 45 17, so far so good and in fact lately been raining, best time to try aquaplanning and true enough no complaint but today tried fast cornering @ 90 km/h, felt a bit slide....but i didnt put my leg on the pedal, so was practically rolling with no traction, but i only changes front new tyres, rear remain my good old Dunlop SP Sport.... so far my average journey from home to work and back took about 40 km, so i have tested the tyre, its above average...of course my prev donut is Falken 912, when new its seduce you to push for speed, but Achilles is not bad either...Overall ATR Sport is recommended on a budget....if tight budget, can try Zeta or Mayrun.....if you have spare budget can try Nexxen...but i still feel that some branded ones are overrated....
If your previous tyres are Falken, how old are your Dunlops? Hope you are not keeping them too long like over 4 to 5 years. If you are changing tyres two at a time, the new tyres should be fitted to the rears and old ones to the front to be finished off, and to prevent over steer.

Michelin Malaysia - Tyre Safety Tips - http://www.michelin.com.my - www.michelin.com.my
Tip No: 6

Heard the Nexen N8000 is not bad also, but I would suggest not taking the China tyres.

For branded, yes I agree some are overpriced like PS3.
I am on GY Asy 2 and these tyres are lovely in the rain....world of a difference from the budget Blue Streak Stiletto I had before this....:biggrin:

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise bro vr2turbo...btw my dunlops are quite old, more than 5 years old - how do you think..appreciate your adivse, i tot since its at the rear, should be ok, cos i hardly throw corner...btw i alwayz have a soft spot for Goodyear tyre, but due to budget thats y i try Achilles...how do you rate Blue Streak Stileto? Is it better than Nexxen 8000?? how does it compare? appreciate your input

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the advise bro vr2turbo...btw my dunlops are quite old, more than 5 years old - how do you think..appreciate your adivse, i tot since its at the rear, should be ok, cos i hardly throw corner...btw i alwayz have a soft spot for Goodyear tyre, but due to budget thats y i try Achilles...how do you rate Blue Streak Stileto? Is it better than Nexxen 8000?? how does it compare? appreciate your input
That is why you are still having a 5 year old tyre. If you change two tyres at a time and keep putting them in front, these will wear out first, but in the rears it hardly wears. Usually rear wear rate is only 15 to 20% of the front. So your old tyre in the rear will become very old.
If you put the old one in front to be finished off, then change another two in this manner, you will never have any old tyres.
As for the 5 year old tyre, press the compound to see if it has harden. Check the sidewall for minor crack lines. If have crack lines appearing, better change them.
Between the Stiletto (directional) and N8000 (Asymmetric), both should be quite equal. I have tried the Stiletto, but not the N8000.
You can read more here.....
Blue Streak Stilletto Vs N8000 - Autoworld Forum

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Saw Singaporean Audi TT confidently speeding thru Linkedua last week. Noticed he uses this ATR.
Wonder where can find them here in JB. Japanese tyres are way too expensive.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
i have been using GY Eagle F1 Directional 5 for about 2 n half months now for my daily drive, all i can say is the grip is not bad especially on dry road, good for fast n hard cornering. But very bad on wet cement floor (not tar), car will skid n lost traction when u driving on a wet cement flr especially in basement car park. Before this was using on PS 3 195/55/15, now on 205/45/17. STill PS3 the best but come with a price for this kind of size.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for front bodypart gsr rs...

anyone interested to swap or sell front bodypart gsr rs PM me.. thanks... :driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience