Achilles ATR Sport

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
interested to upgrade my stock 16" ro 17" rims. size im looking for would be 205/40/17 pr either 205/45/17.

which one shld i go for? atr sport or atr sports-2?

and price wise?? any tyre shop to recommend with good price? :)

so far ive check around jalan ipoh manage to get rm220 per piece for atr sport. they didnt have atr sports-2 yet

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

btw, archilles 123 got 205/40/17 or 205/45/17 ah? hehehe

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
interested to upgrade my stock 16" ro 17" rims. size im looking for would be 205/40/17 pr either 205/45/17.

which one shld i go for? atr sport or atr sports-2?

and price wise?? any tyre shop to recommend with good price? :)

so far ive check around jalan ipoh manage to get rm220 per piece for atr sport. they didnt have atr sports-2 yet

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

btw, archilles 123 got 205/40/17 or 205/45/17 ah? hehehe
What is your original tyre size in 16"?

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi zth bro...just checked the price of atr-2:hmmmm:...its Rm245/tyre at danau kota....not bad,,,need to check my 1st page thread to find out the last price i got for atr 1, but i think shouldnt have to much differences..still a cheap price for a reasonable tyre. right now is wondering whether to get atr 2 or champiro and change my front to the rear...and i also manage to try the hydroplanning these few days since its raining cats and dogs....hydroplanning definitely good, but traction during wet still not sure, since didnt try sudden braking...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi zth bro...just checked the price of atr-2:hmmmm:...its Rm245/tyre at danau kota....not bad,,,need to check my 1st page thread to find out the last price i got for atr 1, but i think shouldnt have to much differences..still a cheap price for a reasonable tyre. right now is wondering whether to get atr 2 or champiro and change my front to the rear...and i also manage to try the hydroplanning these few days since its raining cats and dogs....hydroplanning definitely good, but traction during wet still not sure, since didnt try sudden braking...
Bro. Mark, RM245 for what size?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

my stock tyre size is 195/50/16 conti premium contact-2

now looking to upgrade to 17" :)
205/40R17 will be closer but actually smaller by 1% in overall diameter.
205/45R17 is bigger by 2.5%. If got wheel clearance this may be better, wheel arch looks much fuller, more comfort, but may take some power off from your pick up. More tyre choices also.....

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
thanks for the suggestions bro. i did consider 205/45/17, but i heard from other members with the same car as mine, they face rubbing issues at the rear especially when fetching 2-3 passengers at the back. thus i might be going for 205/40/17.

still thinking deep and hard between archilles vs nexen n8000 hahaha! but most likely going for archilles! wanna know feedback from atr sports-2 users! :)

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro VR2, the price is for 215/45/17 @ RM245, check with the dealer, he too didnt have stock in shop..but can order from supplier la...really the price is damn reasonable - just slightly more expensive than China-made - which cost about 230....no need to do the math also know which to buy...

Well, bro Melvin, Nexxen 8000 and Achilles is quite differnet in price wor? in the end depends whether you have budget or not...if budget allows then Nexxen, if a bit tight on the wallet - achilles or Champiro...and i think both also hard to find in KL becos not many dealers...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thanks for the suggestions bro. i did consider 205/45/17, but i heard from other members with the same car as mine, they face rubbing issues at the rear especially when fetching 2-3 passengers at the back. thus i might be going for 205/40/17.

still thinking deep and hard between archilles vs nexen n8000 hahaha! but most likely going for archilles! wanna know feedback from atr sports-2 users! :)
Maybe rims offset to far out? But if really will scrub fender then better go for 205/40R17.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Bro VR2, the price is for 215/45/17 @ RM245, check with the dealer, he too didnt have stock in shop..but can order from supplier la...really the price is damn reasonable - just slightly more expensive than China-made - which cost about 230....no need to do the math also know which to buy...

Well, bro Melvin, Nexxen 8000 and Achilles is quite differnet in price wor? in the end depends whether you have budget or not...if budget allows then Nexxen, if a bit tight on the wallet - achilles or Champiro...and i think both also hard to find in KL becos not many dealers...
For ATR2 then worth trying...

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I heard some famous formula drift drivers are using ATR Sports 2.

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog...-nishida-are-achilles-radial-team-2012-video/

The only review I found:-

This past weekend Shawn and I had the opportunity to test on the new Achilles Radial ATR Sport 2 tire. The results……amazing.
I started off with a pair of tires that had only 25 % left in them. Even though the tires were almost bald I was warned by Bryan Bridges and Robbie Nishida of Bridges Racing to “Air them up because the grip level is crazy” Taking advice from the pros I inflated the tires to 55psi which is double what I normally run in any other brand. I hadn’t used the tire before competition so I thought it would be best to rip a huge burnout and then slide the infield to feel them out, they felt GOOD! Entering comp time , even with 350whp and 55psi in the tires the grip was still so impressive that it was pushing me to the bottom of the 5/8ths bank.
Sunday Funday would be the true test for these tires, lots of track time, all tandem and a long course would put them through there paces. As the tires wore throughout the day the grip level did not drop. After every session I would go check the tires and they would just get smoother and smoother, but the grip was still there. I told myself i wouldn’t change the tires the until the grip faded, I probably did 25 laps and didn’t change tires all day. The grip is crazy, the smoke is crazy, and these will not chunk. One set of 25% tires lasted me a huge opening ceremony burnout, 2 runs on the 5/8ths and a whole day of tandem fun with my bros. These are without a doubt the best tires i have ever run.
If you are after an affordable tire, that has the grip level of a super expensive R comp, but will last you FOREVER this is the tire for you. If its good enough for Daigo Saito its good enough for me!

http://driftunion.com/blog/?p=2287

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
can anyone compare KU36 and this Achilles ATR sports 1 or 2? KU36 is over advertised.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can anyone compare KU36 and this Achilles ATR sports 1 or 2? KU36 is over advertised.
KU36 class as extreme tyres. Extreme tyres good for the dry. Most use for track and drift. Poor in the wet....Archilles same class should be the 123 model....
ATR Sports should be normal tyre

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
now using achilles atr sport 195/55/15,price at kemaman around rm190,quite good..now already use for 6 months...still ok...the thread still thick...performance ok tooo................:)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
now using achilles atr sport 195/55/15,price at kemaman around rm190,quite good..now already use for 6 months...still ok...the thread still thick...performance ok tooo................:)
Threadwear if not mistaken is 400, right? Can tahan.....:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All Sifu,

Recently just got a Mirage Digital Controller from my cousin. But just can't find a write place to mod into my Wira.

Is anyone know that how to DIY this controller into Wira?

I only have the front panel that's all. I heard my friend say that, still need a motor only able to fully utilize the aircon controller. Is that easy to get? Any idea what's the cost? I'm currently at Johor, Senai. Will be back to KL tomorrow.

Thank You. :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience