achieving top speed

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
To be honest, there are only a handful of members at ZTH I would even bother remotely listening to.

You come into general forums for advice....serious car advice....and you are liable to get a ton of replies from every hack who have access to a computer and keyboard. It's always advice expressed in the most general manner......do this and do that...nothing definitive, nothing specific......all short of actually telling you how you really go about it, what to budget, which mechanics to use, what are the pitfalls.

You know...the typical stuff like....

"Get a stroker kit lah"; "get a high cam lah"; "get a turbo lah"

I always say that forum advice is free and people should remember that free advice is quite often worth as much as you paid for it.

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Forums is to share recipe, then owner must consult mechanic/tuner for information to continue the process of modification. If a person finds the wrong mech, the mech who wants to untung will ask the owner to change this n that, yet power gain satisfaction is NOT there, ended up spending wrongly, getting the steps wrong.

I personally enlarged displacement, using highcams, management, lighten pulleys, aftermarket fuel pumps and so much more. I am 100% qualified to share. Although I am not expert, at least Im sharing what Im experiencing. So, maybe I dont own 4G18 and mod it before, but common power gains thru experience of which parts of engine should be modded, wont different much. So, to be specific, can always meet in person n share. Meet the tuners, n learn the parts need to be sourced, new or from halfcut....in the end is the performance end results matter.

Joshua7paul,
I do know a tuner/fren who is expert in tuning 50% mitsu, 30% toyota, 10% mazda and 10% nissan. U can pm me for details.
(Nothing to prove nor im expert giving specific details for im a driver not a automotive engineer. But I can show the way to Tuner who can do it. So, is this SPECIFIC enough, FVEL ?)

What's Im fear the worst is, ppl who has tonnes of experience/theories, but never mod engine. ZzZZzzZZzzz

PS: Larger displacement comes first, before adding highcams, coz, Horsepower Sells Cars, Torque Win Races

Last edited:

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
To be honest, there are only a handful of members at ZTH I would even bother remotely listening to.

You come into general forums for advice....serious car advice....and you are liable to get a ton of replies from every hack who have access to a computer and keyboard. It's always advice expressed in the most general manner......do this and do that...nothing definitive, nothing specific......all short of actually telling you how you really go about it, what to budget, which mechanics to use, what are the pitfalls.

You know...the typical stuff like....

"Get a stroker kit lah"; "get a high cam lah"; "get a turbo lah"

I always say that forum advice is free and people should remember that free advice is quite often worth as much as you paid for it.
noted.thanks bro =)

Forums is to share recipe, then owner must consult mechanic/tuner for information to continue the process of modification. If a person finds the wrong mech, the mech who wants to untung will ask the owner to change this n that, yet power gain satisfaction is NOT there, ended up spending wrongly, getting the steps wrong.

I personally enlarged displacement, using highcams, management, lighten pulleys, aftermarket fuel pumps and so much more. I am 100% qualified to share. Although I am not expert, at least Im sharing what Im experiencing. So, maybe I dont own 4G18 and mod it before, but common power gains thru experience of which parts of engine should be modded, wont different much. So, to be specific, can always meet in person n share. Meet the tuners, n learn the parts need to be sourced, new or from halfcut....in the end is the performance end results matter.

Joshua7paul,
I do know a tuner/fren who is expert in tuning 50% mitsu, 30% toyota, 10% mazda and 10% nissan. U can pm me for details.
(Nothing to prove nor im expert giving specific details for im a driver not a automotive engineer. But I can show the way to Tuner who can do it. So, is this SPECIFIC enough, FVEL ?)

What's Im fear the worst is, ppl who has tonnes of experience/theories, but never mod engine. ZzZZzzZZzzz

PS: Larger displacement comes first, before adding highcams, coz, Horsepower Sells Cars, Torque Win Races
thnx tigger..will PM u soon...

anyways guys....there is no need to show who is bigger...cos im actually not a too newbie in car mods as well...its just i like to hear people's advice...then google it..then go to tuners and check it out...

anyways to FVEL..thnx for ur advice..noted and to tigger..thanks man!...its just that sourcing parts for 4G18 is kinda hard..zzz..plus i dont wan go BOT route..cos i travel long distance alot...huhu

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
love to hear from you soon, joshua :)
bro PM me ur frens details...going back to kedah for abit..will be back soon in kl..so may be after that wanna drop by his place. thanks man!...

p/s:..wish i can get a TOMEI derive engine for waja =p..easier...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im now on the project on designing steering column.
what is the difference of splined quick release and hex quick releases?
where can i get quick release in malaysia?
thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience