Absorber got sound when hit hole & bumps

mansenyum

Sep 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys, did anyone facing the same problem as mine?
1- i just change my front absorber last week.. and now, new problem occurs.. my absorber got sound "Geduk-Geduk" when hitting holes & bumps. its like the absorber not tight/fit enough.
2- when take corner my car feels a bit melayang... is it steering problem or got something to do with my absorber as well...
3- my steering moves left & right when hit uneven road..
can anyone help me with those problem above ?:confused:
thanks in advance guys.....

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You might wanna get your Bushes, Camber, Springs and also did u do alignments check bro.

Did u do any alignment after changing the absorbers? :smile:

When you hit the pot holes, does your car totally sink to the hole without any rebound feel?

If u get what I mean, is that usually when u go through bumps or holes u will feel ur car bounds
back up after hitting it, instead if u feel ur car totally just sink into those holes without any rebounding
feel. Then better get it check again. Springs might be faulty.

Correct me if I'm wrong to those who know better, and also do explain further.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
hi guys, did anyone facing the same problem as mine?
1- i just change my front absorber last week.. and now, new problem occurs.. my absorber got sound "Geduk-Geduk" when hitting holes & bumps. its like the absorber not tight/fit enough.
**try checking your lower arms
2- when take corner my car feels a bit melayang... is it steering problem or got something to do with my absorber as well...
**time to install adjustable suspension haha
3- my steering moves left & right when hit uneven road..
can anyone help me with those problem above ?:confused:
thanks in advance guys.....
**suspected steering rack, try checking yoru tie rod & rack end

btw wat car u driving?

mansenyum

Sep 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
im driving hyundai elantra 1.8 yr 2003... did the alignment after change the absorber..
the spring rebound rate i think still ok.. im lived in gombak, working at w.maju.. did u guys
got any recommendation which workshop is good? afraid they will pow me kow2 but the problem is still there...

zeckry zorano

Jan 24, 2006
penang
You might wanna get your Bushes, Camber, Springs and also did u do alignments check bro.

Did u do any alignment after changing the absorbers? :smile:

When you hit the pot holes, does your car totally sink to the hole without any rebound feel?

If u get what I mean, is that usually when u go through bumps or holes u will feel ur car bounds
back up after hitting it, instead if u feel ur car totally just sink into those holes without any rebounding
feel. Then better get it check again. Springs might be faulty.

Correct me if I'm wrong to those who know better, and also do explain further.

hai guys,juz wanna share,

yeah,i do agree with Mr supra_fanatic bout the probs that occur to u.Act there are many possibilities that u have to check bout the sound,maybe your absorber and perhaps other part that related to that.Rite now,im facing that kind of probs too..damn!!!! having very irritate noise coming out from my absorber ares whenever i hit bumps and hole,i've already change my lower arm,absorber...but still have a sound.And now my expectation is at the steering rack,checkin over with my alignment maybe.So my suggestion is to check other related parts that connected with ur absorber...
like me..im still felt frustrated my mind..huh!!:mad::mad::banghead::banghead::confused:

mansenyum

Sep 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
same goes to me bro...yesterday went to w/shop nearby... then they confirmed it was my absorber mounting. they convinced me by saying that no more sound if change the mounting.
but after change, the sound is still there. what the xxxx????:mad: really frustrated man...
so easy they told me to come again today to check again whats the real problem is. sure they will pow me again this time...:bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hai guys,juz wanna share,

yeah,i do agree with Mr supra_fanatic bout the probs that occur to u.Act there are many possibilities that u have to check bout the sound,maybe your absorber and perhaps other part that related to that.Rite now,im facing that kind of probs too..damn!!!! having very irritate noise coming out from my absorber ares whenever i hit bumps and hole,i've already change my lower arm,absorber...but still have a sound.And now my expectation is at the steering rack,checkin over with my alignment maybe.So my suggestion is to check other related parts that connected with ur absorber...
like me..im still felt frustrated my mind..huh!!:mad::mad::banghead::banghead::confused:
Left only Springs, bushes, steering rack to check :smile:
Lots of possibilities like u mentioned...just about try and error..

But DanzEterna can give u guys better advise, as I'm still a learner.
He has more experience on cars than I do :top:

Tan Kin Sung

From Facebook
Oct 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
suspension sound is hard to find. you never know where is the sound coming from. my suggestion is that change everything when you car clock 100,000 km. Top mount bush, lower arm bush, tie rod end, and even the steering rack bush. Cus some part seem to be in good condition but actually is not. so to be safe changing everything save you trips to the alignment shop cus alignment is not cheap nowdays.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i have the same problem...the cause of it is, i hit a pothole at 120 km/h...until now is still mystery where the sound came from...at first suspected bushings...so i practically replace all the bush...but the sound still there...next on the list to do service the abs itself and see how things goes...

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
i had the same problem last time:

- new alignment became unaligned in 2 weeks after hitting holes and bumpy road, did 3 times balancing and alignment, same thing again
- when cornering in uneven road, felt skid and melayang even with anti roll bar and front lower arm bar installed
- steering felt lari like that when cruising on uneven road, it tends to steer to the lower side of uneven layer

i replaced one lower arm, the bush already torn up on the old one. replace whole front bushings, anti roll bar bush, crossmember bush, steering bush etc. problem cured a lot but it still didnt feel right.

went back to workshop, he said he knew what to do. foreman brought down whole crossmember assembly, check bushings and refit then bolt it on back with care, making sure all nuts are driven straight.

next thing i see problem solved. if u want to replace bushes, replace all at once because if replacing one at a time it can be time consuming and more labor to try and see which bush is the culprit. make sure the assembly is carefully bolted back. its also a part of maintenance for quality handling

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
i having the same problem too but i notice that when ever i reduce my tyre pressue it will back to normal.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Folks,

My father's Nissan Sentra 1.5A 2001 made has been deserted for 2yrs without roadtax/insurance renewal. Now that i'm back decided to work on the car for major overhaul on the engine and refurbish the car to sell for a better price. The bank loan for the car has been settled few months back.

The workshop guy told me the engine is perfectly fine and just need to change some wear tear stuff and the car is good to go. I have planned to spray the same color for the car. Some touch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience