4g93ecu in2 4g91.Possible?

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
guys,im having a 4g93 ecu. Currently my ride has a 4g91 in it. So can i ROJAK this 4g93ECU into my 4g91wiring?i also have the 4g93 airflow sensor..is it possible?need help from u guys..I dont want to just plug and play.Scared burned the ecu..need info...thanks for viewing and also for replying u r...

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
4G93 ECU - Air Flow System ( Like most Mitsubishi), Twin coils system.
4G91 ECU - Air Flow System ( Like most Mitsubishi), Twin coils system.

4G92 ECU - Air Flow System ( Like most Mitsubishi), but single coil system.( Wira 1.6, in this case, can not work )

The only diffferent is injector c.c

Since 4G91 is 1500cc and 4G93 is 1800 cc, should be ok.

Arrrrrr, please open up the ecu on 4G93, on your right side, near the socket, should have 4 big transistors ( 3 legs each , black color with small heat sink )

then, open up the ecu on 4G91, if it have 4 big transistors ( almost identical ), you are safe.

Good Luck.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
iswara204 said:
guys,im having a 4g93 ecu. Currently my ride has a 4g91 in it. So can i ROJAK this 4g93ECU into my 4g91wiring?i also have the 4g93 airflow sensor..is it possible?need help from u guys..I dont want to just plug and play.Scared burned the ecu..need info...thanks for viewing and also for replying u r...
haha...what you intend to do i have did it last week. I got a rechip 4G93 SGTi Step 1 ECU...tried plug into my friend year 97 Putra with Step ECU..work find and car is damn powerful....

After that tried my friend year 97 stock ECU to another 4G92 (Rojak with 4G93 head and 4G91 ECU (Injector all unknow)...

Result...my friend rojak 4G92 damn under power...rev respond very very slow...worst then using 4G91 ECU.

I am suspecting that if change injector to match back with the ECU that should help.

Technical plugging in a different CC car ECU to another should not be a problem since ECU only pre-load with fuel mapping settings...and some ignition timing settings...shouldn't did any damage to the engine.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
g88,
You quote :
"haha...what you intend to do i have did it last week. I got a rechip 4G93 SGTi Step 1 ECU...tried plug into my friend year 97 Putra with Step ECU..work find and car is damn powerful....

After that tried my friend year 97 stock ECU to another 4G92 (Rojak with 4G93 head and 4G91 ECU (Injector all unknow)..."

So far, you did not mention the stock ecu wire.
IF you use 4G92 stock wire, the "PUTRA ECU",4G93 or 4G91 will miss one channel or ignition. ( that means only work on two cyclinders )

Please check that out!

Good Luck.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
ecupro said:
g88,
You quote :
"haha...what you intend to do i have did it last week. I got a rechip 4G93 SGTi Step 1 ECU...tried plug into my friend year 97 Putra with Step ECU..work find and car is damn powerful....

After that tried my friend year 97 stock ECU to another 4G92 (Rojak with 4G93 head and 4G91 ECU (Injector all unknow)..."

So far, you did not mention the stock ecu wire.
IF you use 4G92 stock wire, the "PUTRA ECU",4G93 or 4G91 will miss one channel or ignition. ( that means only work on two cyclinders )

Please check that out!

Good Luck.
ok, let me rephrase.

I) Rechip SGTi Step 1 ECU

II) Putra 1.8 with stock engine and stock ECU/wiring (Step 0 ECU)

III) Wira with 4G92 block, 4G93 head, unknow model wiring/injector with 4G91 Step 0 ECU

FIRST, swapped Rechip ECU to Putra (Putra ECU taken out). Putra run fine and performance was great (due to rechip ECU)

SECOND, putting the Putra stock ECU into the rojak Wira. Wira engine run smoothly also...only thing is power very bad, RPM respond very slow and car cannot drag. Confirm all cylinder running...so suspection could be due to smaller injector in this rojak Wira.

Just that simple :)

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
g88,
You quote :
"SECOND, putting the Putra stock ECU into the rojak Wira. Wira engine run smoothly also...only thing is power very bad, RPM respond very slow and car cannot drag. Confirm all cylinder running...so suspection could be due to smaller injector in this rojak Wira."

O.K., from here, i think the engine idle smoothly. ( only thing is no power )
So, stock wire seem to be not problem.

You are right, the injectors too small for the "BIG BROTHER"...ha...ha...ha

Did you try to put the "RE-CHIP" ecu into the "BIG BROTHER" ? How ? ( I want your report in the morning on my TABLE.....he....he....he )

Just that simple!

Good Luck

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
bro,
i have a V6 injectors..this is wat i plan to do

1-change the standard 4g91ECU with 4g93ECU with standard 4g91 injectors and the air flow sensors aswell-i'll try driving it...

2-change the V6 injectors and try..

is this ok..??

g88-Technical plugging in a different CC car ECU to another should not be a problem since ECU only pre-load with fuel mapping settings...and some ignition timing settings...shouldn't did any damage to the engine

Q-dont really get u in this bro?(some ignition timing settings)wat is iginition settings?sorry bro..new in this..

ecupro- thanks for the info..i'll try it

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
ecupro said:
g88,
You quote :
"SECOND, putting the Putra stock ECU into the rojak Wira. Wira engine run smoothly also...only thing is power very bad, RPM respond very slow and car cannot drag. Confirm all cylinder running...so suspection could be due to smaller injector in this rojak Wira."

O.K., from here, i think the engine idle smoothly. ( only thing is no power )
So, stock wire seem to be not problem.

You are right, the injectors too small for the "BIG BROTHER"...ha...ha...ha

Did you try to put the "RE-CHIP" ecu into the "BIG BROTHER" ? How ? ( I want your report in the morning on my TABLE.....he....he....he )

Just that simple!

Good Luck
Sorry, haven't have change to put the rechip ECU to the rojak 4G92...since my friend still flooring with the rechip ECU in his Putra hahahah but i guess the result would be same since what i know the rechip ECU have higher rev cut and fuel mapping setting been tweak...end of the day still injector size does matter.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
iswara204 said:
bro,
i have a V6 injectors..this is wat i plan to do

1-change the standard 4g91ECU with 4g93ECU with standard 4g91 injectors and the air flow sensors aswell-i'll try driving it...

2-change the V6 injectors and try..

is this ok..??

g88-Technical plugging in a different CC car ECU to another should not be a problem since ECU only pre-load with fuel mapping settings...and some ignition timing settings...shouldn't did any damage to the engine

Q-dont really get u in this bro?(some ignition timing settings)wat is iginition settings?sorry bro..new in this..

ecupro- thanks for the info..i'll try it
Meaning when you floor, your RPM goes up....so ECU will get the reason via your exhaust sensor...match with ECU settings...to make sure how much fuel should be inject from injector to combustion chamber....

Errr you using V6 injector ar....err not sure ngam or not since V6 6 injector wor...your car only 4 inject and possible your car might be running too rich ler...need fuel regulator then...

Correct me if i am wrong....

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
g88-oh k..i got wat u trying to say bro...so i'll try with the standard 91injectors 1st then i'll see how it goes...

ecupro-BRO,i just realised that im having a 4g93putra97 ECU not mitsu4g93ECU?so does the information u gave still counts and correct?
(ecupro-actually the ECU not right here with me now,with my friend,so will meet him on friday only,thats y cannot check abt the ECU of the 4g93 u have mentioned)

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
iswara204,
You quote :
"ecupro-BRO,i just realised that im having a 4g93putra97 ECU not mitsu4g93ECU?so does the information u gave still counts and correct?"

Should be no problem. May be the different is, one have eprom ( so, you can rechip ) and the other don't have.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Very often, most of us will find another vehicle from no where or from the furthest left or right of toll plaza area cut across in front of us, just because they find the toll lane in front of us is less congested.
This will make us brake quite suddenly to avoid hitting them....
Sometimes believe it or not!
They even cut diagonally across in front of you, its a very scary experience and i believe it happens to most of us most of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience